Oracle E-Business Suite Review

It is still being implemented and this has been slow, so I would say we have not seen a lot of benefit yet. We do believe it will help us track our inventory from multiple ERP systems.

Valuable Features

The ability to streamline all of our information is the most valuable feature for us. Right now, we are on several ERP systems, most of which are not fully integrated so we don't have the ability to track our inventory through these systems.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

The biggest frustration I have with Oracle is that they have taken an acquisition approach. Because of this, the modules don't talk to each other. It is touted as being a fully-integrated system, but if something happens and purchasing doesn't necessarily follow through to the cost module, the amount of programming and specific manipulation required to get the modules to talk to each other is surprising to me, especially for a package from a company of Oracle's size.

Use of Solution

We are partially implemented. We have been partially implemented for two-and-a-half-years. We started two-and-a-half years ago and are probably still three to five years out of a full implementation.

We had deployment issues with the modules not fully integrating with each other.

I haven't been particularly happy with it, but I think it is because we are transitioning from an ERP system, so that right now we don't run it as a fully web-based solution. I think all of the additional frustrations also have to do with internet speed and long wait times. Most ERP systems that aren't tied to the internet have quick response times, but with Oracle it's very slow.

We have struggled with it. The portions of our company that have implemented it are the smallest divisions, and in each instance when we've brought another one on, we've discovered that it creates a lot of challenges particularly from the volume of part numbers and transactions that are required to make anything happen.

That is actually where we are right now in our implementation, and we have paused it because we are about to go into the division that requires the most complexity and the highest number of transactions, and the scalability is a concern.

I don't interact enough with them to be able to answer. I know that we occasionally have to open service requests with Oracle. Of course, the IT team handles that and I am not part of the IT team. Sometimes the response time is a little slower than we would like, particularly when it has to do with month-end close. Very often we can't close a module because we are waiting on an SR.

It has been a very slow process that's very complicated and very rocky. We have used a consulting partner to get it implemented and there have been a lot of bumps and hurdles to get over.

Other Advice

It lacks integration between the modules, and the amount of customization required is surprising.