Oracle E-Business Suite Review

Valuable Features

Oracle gives you the capability to do anything you need to do in multiple ways. There are different avenues to achieve the same result, and you can pick the one that best fits your company’s policies and procedures.

Improvements to My Organization

It's an end-to-end ERP solution. From a work order to financial reporting, everything is captured within one system. It's a single point of data entry, so once you enter data into the system, it flows all the way downstream.

Room for Improvement

One of the benefits is also one of the pitfalls. Sometimes users are overwhelmed by the multiple ways in which you can operate. They don't want all of that flexibility.

We're hosted, which adds a level of complexity. The system overall is stable, but our hosting partner is not the best.

We haven’t had any scalability problems. We have both small and large groups using it, and we are continuing to role it out to other organizations within the company.

We have two levels of support. My team is an internal support organization. Then, if need be, we have external support. With external support, you roll the dice. Some issues get resolved relatively quickly, while others drag on. It depends on the person working it.

Since we are hosted, we can’t do rollouts ourselves. We have to schedule them. A lot of our issues have been with our patching, since our hosting partner always seems to break something, which is frustrating. If we had the product all in-house there would be no issues. It’s relatively straightforward to set up.

Other Advice

Make sure that you understand the integration points between the different applications that you’re utilizing. You could make some major mistakes in setting it up. I would rate the product a nine out of ten. We’re pretty happy overall.