Oracle E-Business Suite Review

It gives us real-time information.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ability to give us real-time information.

What needs improvement?

Of course, we'd like to see those reports re-introduced. Right now, we have more reports for the general ledger module. We would like more reports for the other modules: fixed assets, AP, revenue, and so on. That's where the problem is.

I have been using it since 1997, 19 years.

It has not been consistently stable. One time, when they did an upgrade to R12, it messed up some of our reports. That's why we went to GL Wand for some of our reporting solutions.

We’re still using this solution day-to-day. We're still sticking with it, of course. We just kind of make do with what we have right now.

Technical support has been fine. We haven't had any problems. Whenever we’ve had a hiccup or something, there's always been a representative to help us. They're knowledgeable and the response time is okay.

The initial upgrade, as I’ve mentioned, took away some of our valuable reports that were in the original Oracle EBS. That was really annoying.

The other thing was that, when we did the upgrade, it brought up some bad data from prior years. It took a few years to figure out what was going on. It still, even to this day, four years later, still pops up information from 10 or 11 years ago. Luckily, we're not a big, big company; we're just a local government.

What other advice do I have?

Right now, we kind of solved our reporting issues in the general ledger part with GL Wand, or Excel4apps, but we're still trying to figure out the other modules through custom reporting. It’s taken time. I really wouldn’t have an answer for anybody.

I like to work with vendors who have a good reputation and good customer support.