Oracle WebCenter Review

Good integration capabilities and good security but needs to allow for easier template customization

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution as we use multiple Oracle products, and it's easy to integrate it in with the others.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a lot of features that are valuable. The security of it is very good.

Integration within the solution is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be offered in Persian. Right now, our version is in English, and there's a bit of a language barrier between the users and the product.

It would be helpful if Oracle could create some sort of facility to customize templates easily if users use JavaScript or other internal tools.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't had any problems in two years. There hasn't been any crashes or anything of that nature.

The solution is completely scalable and one of the best Oracle tools in my opinion. You can change the requirements easily. We have about 1,500 users on the solution currently.

Unfortunately, due to sanctions in Iran, we can't access technical support.

We did use SharePoint many years ago and have since switched over to Oracle. As we use many Oracle products, it was easy to integrate it into everything.

In our company we use clustering, so the setup is very, very complex. We need to use the WebLogic sharing application server. I do have fairly good experience using the solution, so I'm able to manage it fine.

We use the tool for free in our country; the licensing policy is not accessible in Iran.

What other advice do I have?

Due to the sanctions within our country, we only have access to on-premises deployment models.

The system is very customizable and we have plans to integrate it with our finance and inventory systems as well.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I believe the solution is one of the best tools in the world.