PRTG Network Monitor Review

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring servers in our data center. It performs pretty well.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves the status of my infrastructure, from networking devices to real-time machines.

What is most valuable?

I really love the snmp library. It gives the flexibility to discover data and metrics about my interface and data server.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a more robust platform and a new dashboard. In addition, the code is good, but it needs improvement.

Three to five years.

The stability is OK.

The scalability is good. You can improve a remote host or the clustering. This gives it the flexibility to monitor another infrastructure remotely.

The initial setup was simple.

In House

We were previously considering Nagios Core, because it is over Linux and an open source solution. However, its problem is you have to do everything from scratch.

What other advice do I have?

It is important when choosing a vendor to consider the connectivity.

Get ahead of IT infrastructure issues

With PRTG Network Monitor you can identify and solve potential issues before it affects anyone. Download a free 30-day trial today and experience the benefits of 24-hour IT Infrastructure Monitoring.