QuickBase Review

As our organization has grown exponentially, this solution has been highly scalable, allowing us to add more records and fields each year. Charting, graphing, and forms, however, could be improved.

What is most valuable?

The ease in setting up individual tables and applications and making vital connections so there is not a need for duplicate data entry.

How has it helped my organization?

We can provide clean data in a matter of minutes rather than days or even weeks in some cases. We have become accustomed to always asking for any data given to us to be in a format that we can easily upload if we choose to do so (csv, spreadsheet, or txt).

What needs improvement?

There could be better charting, graphing, and forms available. Exact forms can sometimes be a little difficult and there could be an option with different user interfaces.

6-7 years

No. When we deployed this project we started with one app to let everyone familiarize themselves and then shared the larger app with many more connections and fields.

No. In the years we have used QB we have maybe experienced 3 times where the system was unavailable for an hour or less.

No, we have not encountered any issues. We started small and have grown exponentially adding more records and fields each year.

Their customer service is great! They reply to requests almost immediately or within a time frame that you can request.

Their technical support is top notch! They not only reply through email, customer portal, or phone, but will also set-up live scren displays so they can work through an issue while looking at your computer screen.

Yes, we used a standard database system that came with our other office software package.The system was cumbersome and was difficult to almost impossible to have multiple users on at one time.

Our initial set-up was very straightforward. We had a meeting prior to the set-up to decide what fields were needed to fulfill the needs of any reporting requests that we were aware of and from there I developed a design or map of sorts to develop our own app.

We made this decision in house based on the opinions, knowledge, and work experience of a new employee who had previous experience with Quickbase.

If we were to sit down and calculate how much money has been spent in the purchase of this product versus the salaries for the staff who are asked to fulfill the request, I would say this has been a good purchase for the price we pay.

When looking at the cost of QB versus other possible products be sure to look at what customer and technical support is available for a product that costs less, but also whether additional features are included or must be purchased as an add-on.

No, a new employee at the time had prior knowledge and work experience with Quickbase, so we did not evaluate other options at the initial purchase. Since then we have started looking at other lower cost options, but have not found something that meets all the same needs that Quickbase has been able to fulfill.

What other advice do I have?

If you are unsure of your choice, sign-up for their free trial. Review some of the already built apps and look at how easy it is to build your own apps. Post a question and see how quickly someone responds. I'm sure you will find this product and service hard to beat.

More QuickBase reviews from users