QuickBase Review

We're able to create relational database tables and end users can make their own applications without any coding, but the API should be in JSON, not XML.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable are the ones that allow me, as a developer, to create business applications rapidly. Quickbase has some amazing built in tools that allow users to get ideas up and running very quickly. Personally, I really enjoy the ease of creating relational database tables, Quickbase does this so effortlessly anyone can do it. The roles and permission features are also very valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Quickbase allows us to conceptualize an idea and deploy it very quickly to users. It even has the ability to let end users make their own applications without any coding.

What needs improvement?

The API uses XML. I would like to see them update the system to include are more popular format like JSON. The mobile version of the applications could also be improved.

3 Years

The only issues with deployment seem to be the extra time involved in setting up roles and permissions for tables fields and reports. By default a new field allows modify to everyone. It is quite tedious adjusting these for every new field. It would be nice if the field level access control had a feature that could make all a certain privilege at once.

A few times, the system has seen a "traffic jam" and very rarely does it go down, but it has had some hiccups this year with our systems being down a whole afternoon.

No, Quickbase scales nicely as long as the developer builds with scalability in mind.

Intuit seems to try to create a lot of content for new users to get up and running like webinars. I have never had to use it, but I think their support is just fine.

Many different solutions to suit many different business processes. We switched because it is a lot easier and cheaper to run one system instead of multiples.

Yes, it was a straightforward setup. Simply signup, login and start creating. Intuit offers a trial subscription so you can easily give it a try.

The system was integrated in house, migrating all data over from previous systems. The import process is easy and makes migration a breeze.

The ROI we see is mostly through time saved from users using multiple applications, sometimes cumbersome for what the application demands.

The pricing is affordable and comparable to other platforms that have less features and the credibility of Intuit behind it.

We looked at a variety of options and tried a selection of software to suit our needs. We even went the route of developing custom business applications that were costly to maintain to achieve our goals.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent product with a great team developing it. Speaking with some development team members at a conference, Quickbase is really moving forward with new developments.