QuickBase Review

It provides a stable platform for creating web applications quickly in a low- to no-code environment.

Valuable Features

QuickBase is a great tool in that it provides a very stable platform for creating web applications quickly in a low- to no-code environment.

Improvements to My Organization

We are beginning to replace processes that involved filling out a paper forms in the field that then had to be sent into the office.

Room for Improvement

Unless you go to the effort of coding a custom front end, all QuickBase apps have a distinctive QuickBase look and feel. It would be nice to customize at least the color theme to give some differentiation between the apps.

Use of Solution

I've used it for eight years.

I wasn't involved in the initial deployment so I am not sure if there were any issues. As far as I know, everything went smoothly.

QuickBase really has been very stable. There have only been a few times when I have attempted to log in and it was down.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability. Each app has its own user base and data. You can add as many as are needed.

Customer service with our QuickBase account has been great. There are many tools available for support and the user base is growing.

There are many tools available for support and the user base is growing. I really haven't needed to contact technical support directly. But the tools that they are providing are great.

The tool that was used most before QuickBase was probably Excel. QuickBase can definitely replace many Excel spreadsheets, but Excel will never go away.

The setup for each new user is extremely easy. It is as simple as providing an email address. The user then just has to set up a password.

Implementation Team

We implemented through an in-house team. We didn't require the expertise of a vendor team. QuickBase is really easy to implement, even on a large scale.

ROI

It is hard to calculate the return on investment since I am not sure how it is used throughout our enterprise organization.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I would recommend anyone coming in from a big enterprise to negotiate their pricing. I'm sure that with additional users you can get a better price.

Other Solutions Considered

I wasn't involved in that initial process. My first introduction to QuickBase was at work where it was already being utilized.

Other Advice

If you are someone who has utilized tools similar to Microsoft Access but would like to have a tool that works on the web, then QuickBase is definitely something that you should consider.