QuickBase Review

The flexibility of setting up reports even for short-term needs has been very valuable.

What is most valuable?

We have made good use of the ability in QuickBase to add multiple apps for various departments and purposes, while some apps are shared. The flexibility of setting up reports even for short-term needs has also been very valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

QuickBase has improved communication between departments about what's going on with our customers, which improves our ability to work well with and for our customers.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better options for producing paper reports from Quick Base, rather than viewing things exclusively on screen. On the other hand, paper reports are not really the heart of what QuickBase is supposed to do for people.

2+ years

Our deployment went very smoothly. Adoption ramped up pretty quickly as people saw and heard others talk about the ease of use and usefulness of the product.

No. We have not had any problems with QuickBase's stability. QuickBase has always been available when we need it, with adequate warning for planned updates and minimal outages.

No. We have not had any problems with QuickBase's scalability. We started out with a couple of users and a single app, and now have multiple apps and everyone in our organization using it with great success and no real hiccups.

QuickBase has good customer service, both for users of the apps and creators of the apps. They offer regular webinar type training, newsletters, built-in help, and user community type support that can answer most questions.

QuickBase has good technical support as well. We have never had a problem that we could not either solve ourselves with the resources QuickBase makes available or by contacting them and getting answers pretty quickly.

Yes. We used multiple different solutions, and we switched because QuickBase offered us the possibility of bringing disparate departments doing similar things that it would be good for everyone to know about into one system.

The initial setup was both straightforward and complex, in that it required complex thinking and decision-making about what we wanted/needed QuickBase to do, while actually setting it up to do what we wanted/needed it to do was relatively straightforward.

We implemented through an in-house team, although QuickBase did provide a vendor team that helped us along the way and got us up on our feet with an initial, basic app before totally leaving us on our own.

I can't give specific numbers here, but we feel that this has been an excellent move for our company, reducing the number of software solutions we have to use and accomplishing more with that reduced number.

We felt the pricing and licensing for QuickBase were easy enough to understand, fair and competitive, especially since QuickBase replaced multiple solutions for our organization.

We looked at Bridgetrack, SalesForce and others, though I don't recall everything we considered, since it has been years since we did the initial research. QuickBase very quickly rose to the top as head and shoulders above our other options.

What other advice do I have?

Get buy-in from as many people as possible before purchasing QuickBase, so that everyone feels a part of things from the beginning. Your largest hurdle to overcome will be getting the people in your organization on the same page, rather than actually getting Quick Base to do what you need/want it to do.