SailPoint IdentityIQ Review

End-to-end Identity Management and Access Governance solution that shows why its a Market leader

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for identity and access management and access governance. The product manages the whole identity lifecycle for workplace identities.

IdentityIQ takes care of the joiner (new accounts), the mover (transfer/role changes), and the lever (account termination), as well as looking at things like the certification phase. It covers the whole user lifecycle and provides market leading governance capabilities.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the controls and reduced the risk of access management issues with the client organisations. While also improving efficiency around the JML processes through automation and reducing the reliance on people for some of the access provisioning requests.

What is most valuable?

The product's main features for the certification of users is the most prominent as well as the best feature. The out of the box connectors and accelerator pack are also great pieces to help improve the speed of delivery.

What needs improvement?

There is really not so much that SailPoint needs to improve. It has been in the market for a while and has well embedded as a market leader in the Identity Governance Space. We have just done an upgrade (v7-.8.1) and it was straight foward well tested and there was no major issues, we even managed to deploy to production a week ahead of schedule. We are now working with the client to leverage some of the new features and such, so there is not a lot that I can confirm that would be missing from a product that I was already happy with.

The only thing about SailPoint that I might suggest to improve is the user interface could be improved from an administration point of view. From a request point of view we are leveraging ServiceNow and Sailpoints SNOW catalogue integration. Having had the opportunity to compare SailPoint and One Identity with past work, I personally prefer the One Identity's user interface, especially for user administration of the system. It could be simplified or somewhat more user-friendly for administrative tasks and functions.

We implemented the foundational release for a customer over over 12 months ago and since then we have worked closely with them to increase its functionality

IdentityIQ is a stable product. We have not experienced any problems with it and have not heard of any from our clients.

The user group for this product are normally larger companies or enterprise businesses that have got full identity-governance requirements. That is the typical SailPoint customer requires more than just basic identity management automation.

As far as scalability of the product, it has got a lot of horizontal and vertical scaling opportunities that could be taken advantage, so scaling is not an issue.

Overall the technical support is relatively good, especially from a customer point of view. I think that the support is working fine for the customers and that makes it better for us in selling their products.

There is also a wealth of information online for the product for the Sailpoint community.

This is a new implementation at this client they previously had no Identity governance in place

The initial setup of the product is relatively straightforward. The complexity really depends on the customer requirements, business rules or processes that influence how difficult the implementation gets. On average, it probably takes a couple of days to install the product. But once it is installed, then you have got to have the product usable and working with other solutions and other systems. For that, it needs to be configured to have that connectivity with those other systems. That is where some of the implementation time starts to add up. To install a base active directory kind of set up takes about two weeks.

We have configured and setup some basic functionality for a client within these tight timeframes. To do that you will need real business buy in to clear hurdles out of the way for the dependencies for the install, the infrastructure, business requirements etc.

We are a service integrator so we help clients to do all their setup. We like to set the client up so that they are capable of doing their own maintenance with the software and system if they want to otherwise we offer a full range of support options.

The client has had a positive reduction in the time taken to get a user on boarded and productive. There has also been a significant improvement in their access and Identity Management controls, reducing risk and closing audit items.

There are additional modules which are licenced separately that you can get added into the licensing if you want certain additional functionality, I find this a great model to ensure you only pay for what you need.

I am currently dealing with SailPoint and One Identity at the same time in making some comparisons. They are both very good products with their pros and cons.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to people considering SailPoint is to be sure you get a good experienced service integrator to help you with the product. Somebody who has done it before knows the best ways to implement it and make the system work properly to meet your business application. They have the battle scars and can help you navigate around any potential issues

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate IdentityIQ as a nine-out-of-ten.

More SailPoint IdentityIQ reviews from users