ScienceLogic Review

It is stable and very easy to configure

What is our primary use case?

We are using ScienceLogic primarily for monitoring our infrastructure, a few specific services like Citrix, and a few websites and their publication. We have private cloud deployments as well as on-premises deployments.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to configure because we are using an agent-less version. You can very quickly implement a collector for monitoring device servers.

What needs improvement?

It doesn't have the complete application-level topology. It could have service topology and business service monitoring.

I would like to see how business service monitoring will function with agent-based installation, and how flexible and business-oriented it is for service modeling and service infrastructure. I have a lot of experience in using business service monitoring, service topology, and service hierarchy functionalities in similar products from BMC and Micro Focus (OpenView), and I want to see how these functionalities will look like in ScienceLogic.

We have been using ScienceLogic in our company for four to five years.

It is stable.

Scalability looks fine, but we didn't have to extend it so far. We haven't looked at our possibilities regarding scalability.

We have opened tickets, and their technical support has always resolved them successfully.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Its price could be lower, but for what you pay, you got a lot of value from its features and functionalities. Customers always want a discount or a cheaper solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ScienceLogic a ten out of ten. It is a pretty good and well-done product.

More ScienceLogic reviews from users
...who compared it with Micro Focus OpenView [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about ScienceLogic, Nagios, LogicMonitor and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.