ScienceLogic Review

Gives us the ability to be very granular with our permissions. The dashboard for our VNOC is one of the best tools.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard for our VNOC is one of the best tools to allow our VNOC instant access into our customers' environments. The dynamic apps for the video conferencing devices (endpoints, Infrastructure, etc) are tailored to the wants and needs of our customers. They establish baselines and thresholds based on the industry leaders. The multi-tenant environment allows us to manage multiple customers in a single platform. ScienceLogic gives us the ability to be very granular with our permissions within the different organizations (customers) that we add to the platform.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using EM7 for our proactive monitoring, we used an email notification system to proactively monitor the customers devices. This would require an inbox to be constantly monitored in case an alert came in. The inbox would receive thousands of messages from devices a day and it was the technicians job to weed out which alerts were false positives and which alerts were actual critical/major issues.

What needs improvement?

I believe the knowledge base leaves a little room for improvement. Troubleshooting can be a little difficult without the help of a ScienceLogic technician. That may not be the case for our customers of ScienceLogic but we do not currently employ a Python technician to translate the error codes.

They are also beginning to expand the video portion of the product. This will help going forward.

We begin implementing the product in March 2014. Our first multi tenant customer was added in June.

We have not encountered any major problems with the deployment. There were some hiccups that were due to internal issues. The product itself is very easy to use and deploy.

I have not experienced any issues with stability in the last year.

No issues with scalability.

The customer service at ScienceLogic is one of the best I've experienced over the last 13 years of my career. Everyone is willing to help us accomplish our goals to provide better monitoring for our customers. Their Professional Services have met with us multiple times to provide additional support for the needs of a few customers.

The technical support team is a top notch team. They are all extremely knowledgeable and I have not encountered a time when our problem wasn't not resolved within a reasonable time-frame.

We switched based on the needs of our customers.

The initial setup was very straightforward. When we purchased the product they deployed a knowledgeable architect to assist with standing up our environment. He worked with us to customize to meet the needs of our company. After the initial standup, I was able to stand up a lab environment without any assistance from ScienceLogic support. That's how easy it was!

We implemented through an in-house team. There was a group of 4 of us that initially worked with the technician to get everything setup. We have an implementation team that now works with our customers to onboard them into the ScienceLogic platform.