ScienceLogic Review

We were using Nagios but switched to ScienceLogic to centralize our monitoring, graphing, and alerting systems.

Valuable Features

The best feature is how customizable the platform is. It can be integrated into various systems, processes, and customized to the client's liking.

Improvements to My Organization

The product was able to centralize our monitoring, graphing, and alerting systems (including PagerDuty integration).

Room for Improvement

Usability is important. The interface is nice, but very complex and requires lots of learning involved in managing and navigating the product.

Use of Solution

I used this solution for over a year, replacing an existing monitoring platform.

No issues encountered with deployment.

No issues encountered with stability.

Yes - scaling for thousands of servers requires a significant footprint of collectors to handle the load.

Excellent customer service.

Excellent technical support.

Nagios - we switched because ScienceLogic is an all in one solution which is able to do more than Nagios.

It was complex - it required their technicians to assist on setting up the system initially.

Implementation Team

Through ScienceLogic direct. They were very knowledgeable.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Setup and day-to-day cost is negotiable, but having a lot of devices can be expensive in the long run.

Other Solutions Considered

We compared ScienceLogic to Nagios, LogicMon, and Zabbix.

Other Advice

Test the product thoroughly and do a cost analysis to see if the product is suitable long term.