ScienceLogic Review

All in one solution including discovery, asset management, alerting, and ticketing, with simplified ease of integration.

Valuable Features

The many features offered for one price, including discovery, asset management, alerting, and ticketing, with simplified ease of integration across all features.

Improvements to My Organization

The ability to integrate a lot of data into one platform, with the ability to use the content to support operational and business groups.

Room for Improvement

Support for vendor private MIBs, simplify the approach to setup monitoring of all available SNMP data for a given platform type.

Use of Solution

I've used it for over two years.

The lack of support for private MIBs required some custom professional services support. The vendor also needs to improve their attention to detail when defining the scope of professional services and managing the execution.

No issues with stability.

Use the professional services proposed solution to support private MIBs, we are encountering what appears to be poling time outs, which creates false positives. We are still working through this issue.

3/5, but you have to push the issues to ensure a good response and timely follow up.

3/5 overall, but their advanced support teams are very solid and I would give them a 5/5.

We used Openview, but the administrative skill set required specialized staff. We were looking for a replacement for basic monitoring and discovered this solution, which offered a lot more features, some of which were on our priority list and did not expect to find in one solution.

Straightforward, but once you get past discovery you have to learn how to setup monitoring and event messages. There is a lot of automation as discovered, but you have to understand what is automatically setup and why. Then you can look at customizing things for your environment.

Implementation Team

Vendor team whose skill level I would give a 4/5 for the understanding of their platform.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The original investment started at $25K, with an additional $225K to scale it to support our requirements across a large enterprise with up to 5,000 devices and access for thousands of users.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, but we ended up to an extended evaluation of this product and none of the other ones we found offered the broad range of features.

Other Advice

Commit resources to focus on learning and exploiting all of the features. With so many features it can be a distraction. Need to have a clear set of requirements that you are looking to satisfy. Then you can layer on other features to compliment your original strategy.