ScienceLogic Review

Review about ScienceLogic

What is most valuable?

We make extensive use of the custom application profiling and monitoring. Most of our applications have enterprise SNMP MIBS and we make extensive use of the modelling capabilities and auto-discovery/classification to ensure our systems are monitored when they come online.

How has it helped my organization?

One of our largest challenges before implementing our ScienceLogic system was the presence of nuisance alarms. After implementing ScienceLogic, we were able to eliminate this issue by extensive use of the modelling tools.

What needs improvement?

The reporting module needs work. We often find ourselves creating reports by accessing the backend database directly instead of the built-in tools. We would also like to see improvements in the modelling capabilities for the IT service toolset.

We have been using ScienceLogic for over 7 years.

Deployment was done in a systematic way by cutting over segments of the network and types of systems. We did not have any significant issues with deployment.

We have not had issues with stability for several years. The platform is very stable and does not require a lot of system admin time.

We currently have 20,000+ systems in our primary ScienceLogic system and general performance is acceptable. We would like better scalability in the time-series performance data storage.

We don't use a lot of customer service directly from ScienceLogic. We have a long standing relationship with them and typically cut through to the appropriate level straight away.

Technical support is good. We have extensive in-house knowledge and typically only escalate the most serious of technical challenges.

Yes. Our previous product had many deficiencies including lack of logical expressions, mixed licensing, limited cross-functional tools, and other issues. Also, getting our own enhancements into the product was impossible.

It was basically straight forward to get up and running. Assuming networking and firewalls are open appropriately it can be setup and providing value within hours.

Both. We typically handle our own implementation for small upgrades and installations. For large upgrades, we contract ScienceLogic directly to assist. They are very knowledgeable in their support for implementation.

That is difficult to measure for a monitoring platform... We consider it a positive ROI by having to the ability to get high quality actionable events and reducing headcount needed to maintain multiple tools.

Boils down to each organization - you can model ScienceLogic as a subscription or as a capital purchase + expense. We have a mixed model depending on the organization within our company and its preference.

Yes, we looked at SevOne, HPOV (NNM + OVO), SMARTS + Watch4Net, plus a few others. We also weighed open source products like Nagios and OpenNMS.

What other advice do I have?

ScienceLogic is an excellent all around suite of tools. We were able to reduce the number of tools by its adoption. They constantly innovate and move in lockstep to most industry trends.

More ScienceLogic reviews from users