ServiceNow IT Business Management Review

Quite an extensive solution that's stable and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for project management. At a previous company, I was working as a project manager for them, so I had used ServiceNow previously.

We have developed several mobile applications using end to IUSN technology.

What is most valuable?

The solution was quite easy to use. The interface was quite user-friendly, and I've become quite familiar with it.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite extensive, and I’ve only used the sections related to project management. I’m not sure if it was lacking any features. For me, it had everything I needed. I’ve never experienced any technical issues at all.

The only issue for us is the pricing. It’s quite high in comparison with the competition.

I’ve used the solution for more than a year, however, I stopped using the solution about six months ago.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is excellent. If I had to, I’d rate it nine out of ten. We currently have eight to ten people working no the solution, including myself.

I’ve contacted technical support and have been satisfied with their level of services. I like them. They’re quite good.

I’ve previously used Salesforce for some project management tasks as well as customer lead management. Both tools are very good. I’ve also used Bitrix, Jira and Zoho in the past when I was in India. Now I’m based in The Netherlands.

The initial setup was quite easy. It’s almost similar to setting up a Facebook account. It’s not difficult like other solutions. There is a lot of media that you can use to help your team deploy into the system. Deployment is rather quick and takes about 40 to 45 minutes to set up in total.

I deployed the solution myself with the help of our team.

I’m not a business owner, so I can’t speak to the pricing. I’m not sure if it’s expensive or not because I haven’t taken the time to compare pricing. However, it’s my understanding that it is a bit pricer than other options on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We used the cloud deployment model as opposed to the on-premises model. We used the public cloud and use Microsoft’s cloud with Azure.

I’m a CTO and I have about 10-12 years of technical background. I’ve been a developer before, but over the past year I’ve moved into project management and our company is developing software for the energy sector. We may use this solution for that company going forward, although we aren’t using it right now.

I’m comfortable using both Salesforce and ServiceNow. I find ServiceNow easier to use in comparison, but Salesforce also has a good interface.

We have eight to ten people on the team working with the solution. We were working on a user based project, so there were 10 people to include in the design and then one person was there to develop the Java export and another one for running data for basic export.

I’d recommend the solution. I’d rate it nine out of ten. I’d rate it higher if it wasn’t so costly as a solution. Feature-wise it’s very good and unique compared to Salesforce and other business management software.

More ServiceNow IT Business Management reviews from users