TIBCO iProcess Suite Review

An easy-to-use solution with great integration

What is most valuable?

It's very simple to use and the integration features between Java and other services within the workflow are very easy. We're looking for something else because the licensing model they have is too expensive. We want something that's not specific to Java customization. I'm not that familiar with TIBCO, so right now I'm just telling you what I've heard from my colleagues. These are the key points that they raised.

Currently, we have a mixed environment between Java web services and other network services. Mainly, the guys that are actually running the code are saying that the services that have been developed on the internet are experiencing some integration issues. That's the reason why we initiated an evaluation for other products.

What needs improvement?

It involves a lot of investment. The learning curve is not similar to other products, like K2. Regarding the user interface, I have to access workflows and define and manage the processes on the variant of a Windows application, which is not accessible if you don't have access from the client to install it on the workstation. And most of the solutions we're currently evaluating are web-based. Our customers and developers have complained that the UI is a little bit confusing. It has lots of elements. It's not user-intuitive compared to other products. Other than that, the licensing model is our main concern.

TIBCO iProcess Suite is both scalable and stable. In fact, scalability is one of its core elements.

From what I have heard from my colleagues, they are very satisfied with the technical support they have. They actually offer a number of online courses that we actually attended — they were great.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup. Everything was already in place by the time I started working for this company.

We have a pretty complex environment. My belief is that we have a couple of servers running TIBCO — roughly four or so. Right now we're using it as a central workflow engine for most of the services that we have, but most of these services were actually developed in the past five to ten years.

From the development perspective, we have around 15 developers working on TIBCO. Mainly we're using it as a workflow for automating processes and API communication. So it's not used as a workflow for forms or any UI applications; however, we have 50 API services that are actually currently utilizing the workflow engine.

The price could definitely be lower.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine. It's a very good product. Most of the services that we are running using TIBCO are in the back end. It's very stable and it's scalable. Our only concerns surround the pricing and the UI; if they corrected these issues, I would give them a rating of ten.

More TIBCO iProcess Suite reviews from users
...who compared it with K2
Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Camunda, Pega and others in Business Process Management. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.