Trend Micro Email Security Review

Plenty of features, integrates well, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for gateway security protection for inbound and outbound emails from the organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the antivirus, antispam, and integration with cloud services. This is a multifunctional solution.

What needs improvement?

The solutions manufacturer tries to upgrade the customer to move from on-premises to the cloud. They plan to replace virtual appliances with hardware appliances. I think that this is not a good idea. A virtual appliance is more flexible in implementation and usage, and they think that it is not a good idea to leave the development as is.

It is a very powerful and stable solution and is one of the leaders in the market.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup was straightforward. This is a virtual appliance, it takes a short time to deploy the solution. However, it is not difficult if you understand the technology. You must have good knowledge of the email security area to set up the product correctly. There are many features in this solution and a high risk of having mistakes with the configuration.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Trend Micro Email Security a ten out of ten.

8.6
More Trend Micro Email Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Barracuda Email Security Gateway
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Email Security. Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.