UKG Review

Using Business Intelligence, we produce reports to track our Overtime Analysis and catch invalid payroll entries.

What is most valuable?

• Business Intelligence
  • Platform Configuration
  • System Administration (Role/User Administration)
  • UTA

How has it helped my organization?

Using Business Intelligence, we have been able to produce reports to track our Overtime Analysis and catch any invalid payroll entries that need to be corrected, among many other things.

What needs improvement?

• Platform Configuration: would like to be able to add pages, and be able to have more flexibility around the addition of custom fields
  • BI: would like to be able to have Drill-Through functionality in Excel exports

I have used it for 3-4 months.

We have encountered deployment issues, but nothing too major. We were able to work with Ultimate Support staff through our issues and get our system implemented in a very timely manner.

Every now and then, I have some issues with stability using Report Studio. I get some odd errors at times that cause the system to become unusable, and I have to close out without saving my changes.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. It is up to par with all of our scalability needs that I am aware of.

Customer service is 8 / 10; sometimes takes a little time to get a response, but very helpful and knowledgeable to work with.

Technical support is 8 / 10. They work very well with us to find solutions to any issues that we have, and make sure that we are in a satisfactory state before moving forward with a resolution.

We previously used Oracle, and we switched because we emerged as a new company from our parent company after a split due to bankruptcy.

Some of the initial setup was straightforward, and other parts were more complex. Overall, it was very easy to work with and set up, and much easier to use once we got the software implemented.

A vendor team implemented it. I rate their level of expertise 8 / 10.

Look at each and every module that Ultimate has to offer, as they are all useful in many ways. Figure out which options best line up with the company, and implement accordingly. Some modules could even be implemented at a later time, once the first implementations are in place and set up properly.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Workday and the Oracle cloud-based solution.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimate Software has been amazing for us to work with, and we're excited to get more pieces of the puzzle implemented in the near future.

More UKG reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about UKG, Workday, ADP and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.