Ultimate Software UltiPro Review

It is easy to make corrections with the payroll gateway.

What is most valuable?

The employee & manager self-service are very functional out of the box. The payroll gateway is very easy to work with & make corrections with.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to move over to electronic pay statements & open enrollment, & drastically cut down on our paper & postage.

What needs improvement?

The tax corrections are a bit burdensome; you have to void & reissue payments.

This is an area that Ultimate has stated that they are working to improve in the next few releases, but the current process is very time-consuming.

One example is if we find out that an employee moved previously & we need to correct their state taxes, the only way to do this is to void all the payrolls that included entries going to the wrong state & re-enter all of the transactions as an adjustment moving the taxes to the correct code.

We had an issue during implementation where one of our work locations was setup with the wrong PA local taxes and it was not found for 3 pay days. In order to correct it, we had to void & manually re-enter every employee's payroll transactions for all 3 pay days & this took a few employees multiple days to reenter.

My hope is that this will be greatly improved with some of the upcoming releases, but right now it is my least favorite thing about UltiPro.

I have used it for eight months.

We encountered nothing out of the ordinary for an implementation.

We have not encountered any stability issues; it has had very high availability.

We have not encountered any scalability issues so far.

Customer service is very good. All the representatives are very friendly, but sometimes it can take a while to get an actual answer to the question you are asking.

Technical support is good, very pleasant to work with.

We used Oracle HCM & I found it very difficult to work with & very difficult to get responses from support; not user friendly to navigate either.

Initial setup was fairly straightforward. It would have been helpful if we would have had more time to implement & get a better understanding on how all the different parts affected each other.

We implemented using Ultimate implementation services.

No real ROI; we had to implement a new system.

Make sure you have a good understanding of your minimum counts so you will not end up paying for employees you do not have; can also set up non-employees with a lower level license cost.

Before choosing, we also evaluated Oracle Fusion, PDS, Workday, and Kronos.

What other advice do I have?

There is a lot of functionality available out of the box with minimum configuration if your business will support rolling it out.