Ultimate Software UltiPro Review

The HR data and BI are valuable.

What is most valuable?

The HR data and BI are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

We are becoming more paperless and efficient/effective with processing. The ability for us to develop several reports for various business purposes and automate them save a lot of time for everyone.

The are testing/developing a new time and attendance system that is very clean looking, easy to use and will be a huge asset to their overall offerings.

They continuously seek to add new features and capabilities. The listen to customers and partner very well with us to deliver what we need and offer new tools.

What needs improvement?

We have challenges with some transactions like voids and reissues and part of it is due to us wanting to use the original date of issue. This becomes problematic after month and quarter closes.

The back office doesn’t have the detailed security that allows various roles in to handle certain functions but my understanding is that eventually will be on the web. This is not a big enough issue for anyone to not use UltiPro!

Went live in October 2016. We use the Enterprise edition.

We encountered deployment issues; opening balances... corrections not handled right but the leadership at Ultimate Software stepped in to ensure we got the support needed to make the corrections. It is important to have a strong and knowledgeable activation team.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 8/10, post-going live.

Technical support is 8/10.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because it could not meet our needs as a business and wasn't flexible enough.

Initial setup was complex. Many times, it felt like it was a do-it-yourself implementation. This goes back to setting clear expectations from the beginning and ensuring the correct people are on the activation team and internal team. Some of our challenges were on both sides.

We implemented it through Ultimate's team.

We realize ROI through data integrity, efficiency and effectiveness.

Be specific and get it in writing.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP, Oracle, and Workday.

What other advice do I have?

I am looking forward to better integrations and having it more streamlined.

1 Comment
HRIS Manager at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal UserTOP 10LEADERBOARD

No activation/implementation is perfect. Working with Ultimate Software is refreshing because they stand by you and work with you to ensure long-term success. I am excited about some of the new offerings and the attention they give to customer feedback. It's a real partnership and when both sides work together, it equals success.

09 April 17