Ultimate Software UltiPro Review

It offers a full suite of integrated HRIS

What is most valuable?

• The solution is extremely configurable.
  • The reporting functionality is fantastic.
  • It offers a full suite of integrated HRIS.

How has it helped my organization?

The most dramatic impact that I have seen, especially for smaller firms, is a direct, appropriate impact to improve segregation of duties, best practices, and well-defined security roles. This is above and beyond meeting the expectation of consistent, accurate payrolls and reporting.

What needs improvement?

Like most SaaS providers today, the improvement potential lies in the service offering rather than the product. Prompt, knowledgeable, SME service is a must-have to support product champions. I personally preferred the tiered service solution they had five years ago to the current solution where first level support relays information back and forth between the client and the SME. When the translation is conducted by non-SME support, much is “lost in translation” and this can be very costly, because it is extremely time-consuming and often results in miscommunication.

In total, both in consulting and employee functions, eight years.

As with any implementation, do your homework and be prepared. The implementation team will be ready to advance your solution to production promptly. Engage all appropriate internal teams well in advance of the start of implementation.

Not at all. Ultipro is a steadfast, reliable solution.

Not at all. The product is quite flexible and user-friendly.

Technical support, at the level of true technical SMEs, is fantastic. In my experience, this level of support is very knowledgeable and provides solid solutions.

I have experience implementing Ultipro from a number of different solutions. Ultipro is far and away the leader in SaaS products, especially when a $1M solution is not appropriate. It offers a fully configurable, flexible, integrated solution, with a volume-driven cost point.

Ultipro’s implementation team is flexible and result-driven. They are adaptive to the needs of the client, and offer complex solutions as needed to achieve a successful implementation.

Ultipro is not an altogether frugal solution. However, it does deliver. Additionally, it offers volume-driven flexibility in cost.

I have evaluated many options along with Ultipro, including Workday, ADP, Paycom, PeopleSoft, and Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Ultipro is the Cadillac SaaS solution, especially when a costly $1M solution is not appropriate.

1 Comment
author avatarMicole Kaye

Hi Rachel, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled you enjoy our unified solution and reporting features. I wanted to let you know I shared your comments with the team to help us improve. I hope you have a great holiday season!