Ultimate Software UltiPro Review

All aspects of the employee lifecycle can be handled within the system

What is most valuable?

Payroll processing is very solid. Ultimate handles all tax updates for Federal, State, and Local changes. Gross to net is very straightforward and can be set up in logical steps.

How has it helped my organization?

All aspects of the employee lifecycle can be handled within the Ultipro system: Recruiting/onboarding, employment validation, payroll processing, performance plans and reviews, and salary planning. The product was staged to simplify a lot of our separate processes and provide a tool to align our various companies policies.

What needs improvement?

Benefit administration is probably the weakest part of the system. Open enrollment is not very flexible for different plan designs, nor is the life events process for new hires or qualifying life events.

Since October 2013, I have run all annual W2 information from Ultipro and run open enrollment via the OE product for 2018.

No issues with stability.

No issues.

Ultimate has grown very fast in a very short period of time. They are struggling with keeping up on their support structure, service requests, and help ticket issues.

Our old system was Total HR, which we owned. It was not scalable, and not very compliant because of the flexibility to do whatever you wanted in the data or system. It resided on an obsolete platform, which was not easily secured or could be accessed remotely.

Initial setup was very dependent on what system you were coming from, your previous structure/setup and the expert level of consultants that were used. Our setup was complex as we had to rethink all of the company structure, accounting setup, and process steps. We did hit our go-live date with no check errors from day one.

Ultipro is SaaS and a PEPM fee schedule for the parts of the program that you want to use. Negotiation is the key to getting a good pricing based on what you want to use.

Yes, we did a full RFI and RFP process for Workday, ADP, and PeopleSoft.

What other advice do I have?

Choose your consultants wisely. Pre-plan what you want your organization to look like for HR reporting, as well as financial reporting.

1 Comment
Micole KayeVendor

Hi Jeff, thank you for providing us with feedack. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our payroll capabilities. I just wanted to let you know I shared your comments with the team to help us improve. I hope you enjoy your holidays!

08 December 17