Worksoft Certify Review

We have reduced 5% to 10% of regression related issues.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for SAP and ERP. I think from the SAP and ERP point of view, it is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

When we used it for web based application, so it was quite poor.

What is most valuable?

One, it's module based and it's giving functionality. That is, first of all we can really implement it as an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning). We can utilize our concept and our functional people to work with the tool and without having a lot of technical knowledge, so they can really work with the tool with small technical knowledge. So that's really a big thing for us. We can use the tool with our existing people so that we don't need to have a new technical expert using the tool.

What needs improvement?

It is poor for a web based application. We are living in very integrated organization are most of the companies out there. There's the big companies we have these organizations that we work with, where we have plenty of different services which are very much connected. So, we are really looking solution which really can support all the different services. We really need to focus end to end instead of stand alone case.

Whatever reportings are there, so they're really not very user-friendly. So there is a lot of technical data instead of user-friendly data. It would be wonderful to add web support, I would really like to see this in the future.

Three to five years.

If I would evaluate it on a scale of one to seven, I would give it a seven.

It's not very scalable.

They struggle to provide an accurate solution.

I think it was not really very difficult. It was quite easy to set up the tool. The architectural tool was really easy.

We define certain different criteria. We check if the vendor is giving support for the tool, and we also evaluate the price. Of course, we also take note of the ROI of the solution.

This product is a good one, if you are really focusing as an ERP. We really need to have a solution which is really end to end rather than just focusing on key product. It's good to be aware if there something that can support you end to end rather than one specific product.

When talking about continuous testing, so then the tool is not really good at all because you need to purchase some additional tools. For example, the Execution Manager and  other tools, which are an additional cost.

Another added cost is the payment necessity for reporting.

What other advice do I have?

We are using it so far for regression testing. We have reduced 5% to 10% of regression related issues. This is a huge impact on our organization. So that's really quite good improvement in our eyes.

1 Comment
author avatarChris Kraus

Hello, happy to hear that you are successful in testing SAP and ERP applications. Would like to show you new cross browser testing for web applications and Certify's ability to test complex web applications, especially complex web UI's like SAP, SuccessFactors, Salesforce etc.