Automation Anywhere (AA) Overview

Automation Anywhere (AA) is the #2 ranked solution in our list of best RPA tools. It is most often compared to UiPath: Automation Anywhere (AA) vs UiPath

What is Automation Anywhere (AA)?

Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with intelligent software bots – AI-powered digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only cloud-native and web-based automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics, yielding significantly lower TCO, higher security, and faster scalability than legacy monolithic platforms. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 1,200 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. Automation Anywhere has deployed over 2.8 million bots to support some of the world’s largest enterprises across all industries in more than 90 countries.

For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.

Automation Anywhere (AA) is also known as Automation Anywhere, Testing Anywhere, Automation Anywhere Enterprise.

Automation Anywhere (AA) Buyer's Guide

Download the Automation Anywhere (AA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Automation Anywhere (AA) Customers

Google, Linkedin, Cisco, Juniper Networks, DellEMC, Comcast, Mastercard, Quest Diagnostics

Automation Anywhere (AA) Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

VP
RPA Developer at Verizon Communications
The scalability is good. However, when it comes to stability, complex bots always have issues.

What is our primary use case?

We have automated a lot of back-end processes. We started with easier tasks and are moving onto more complex tasks now.

• "The OCR is the most valuable feature, though this is a third party feature that we have integrated. It is quite easy to integrate with other solutions."
  • "We tried Citrix six months ago, but the solution that they gave us did not work in our environment."

What other advice do I have?

The Automation Anywhere University courses are very good. The bot creation process depends on your use case, e.g., the simpler the use case, the simpler the creation process. I would rate the tool as a seven out of ten.
VS
IT Team Lead at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The technical support is good and responsive

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is automate processes which had delays or inconsistencies. We are focusing on automating back office tasks, such as financial process with financial documents and HR processes.

• "We had some business users who created their first bot four weeks back, and they were thrilled. It was very easy for them because of the drag and drag. They understood the process very well."
  • "The initial setup was complex because we had to make sure all the security aspects were approved by our leadership."

What other advice do I have?

There is still room for improvement, which is why I am giving it an eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SN
Service Intergration Expert at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
It removes repetitive work from our teams, but it could have better logging and alerting features

What is our primary use case?

We have a variety of different use cases, specifically for marketing and finance. * Our first goal is to look at automating repetitive tasks. * Our second goal is to have Automation Anywhere scale from RPA into a more cognitive tool, providing higher value solutions to the business.

• "It removes demotivating, repetitive work from our teams."
  • "I need high value products to be created, so I need integration with other solutions. Machine learning and AI need to be integrated with Automation Anywhere. While IQ Bot is a good beginning, our company does not work with manual paperwork since we are already digital. We would like to see more integration with cognitive tools going forward."

What other advice do I have?

Set good expectations with your senior management regarding going after the right processes. Look at innovative areas to implement a prepared robotic process automation workflow, so you can reap the benefits at a later time. Automation Anywhere University is nice. The courses are very intuitive.
AD
Technical Lead at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It has helped us look at how our processes are organized, but we cannot really scale at the moment

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of use cases, mostly for repetitive processes. We have automated processes for loans, moving money across accounts, and transferring money between our institution to another.

• "It has helped us look at how our processes are organized."
  • "With our current version, we are experiencing issues with the access of the Control Room. Therefore, at the moment, we cannot really scale."
  • "The object cloning that exists cannot capture 80 percent of the objects that we need it to capture."

What other advice do I have?

With the current version that we have, I cannot rate the solution more than a six out of a ten.
NR
Product Manager at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
The tool enables employees to work on other value-added projects

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case has been for automatic service transformation. We have automated back office and customer services.

• "The initial setup was straightforward. It is a very guided experience: out-of-the-box with Automation Anywhere University training."
  • "I would like to see more complex use cases coming out for our industry."

What other advice do I have?

Adding Automation Anywhere is a tremendous value-add in the long-term.
KP
Senior Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
It is easy to use and very scalable

What is our primary use case?

We have soft and hard tasks that we have automated.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and very scalable.

What needs improvement?

The bot processing is a bit slow.

We have been using this solution for the past two years.

It needs stability improvements. Sometimes, it becomes unstable.

It is very scalable.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We did not use an integrator.

Automation Anywhere has save us more than $40,000 in the past year.

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and

MTS IV Consultant at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
It is a difficult solution to use for back-end processes, though the tool is easy to use with its API call

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate complex processes without using a development team. We have had a lot of issues using Automation Anywhere and find ourselves stuck. We have an open ticket and are still working with them to resolve this.

• "We got the solution because of its ease of use with the API call, avoiding the use of developers."
  • "They do not include the basic functionality of column headers in Excel worksheets. This is missing, and we need it."

What other advice do I have?

Search all industry-designed RPA tools and choose the best one for your process. I completed my advanced certification through Automation Anywhere University. While the courses are good, what you learn in the courses and what is in the real world are two different things. The documentation in the University does not have the proper documentation and cannot provide help, when necessary.
JD
Developer at Normandy Insurance
I build a lot of processes which have saved a lot of time for my company using this solution

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate processes internally for my company.

• "It is very easy to use and learn compared to a programming language, where you have to have a background in coding. Anyone can learn it. Learning the software is easy."
  • "Sometimes, the recorder from Automation Anywhere does not work well and is inaccurate. This should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Look into the usefulness of RPA robotic process automation. As a solution, Automation Anywhere is complete for business users and developers. The bot creation is easy if you have one or two TaskBots. However, if the process is complex, you will need to split the process into modules. The solution integrates very well with other applications. Though, it only works with Internet Explorer right now, but you can run other applications with an open program. Object clone captures the objects very well from the software. It code APIs, run stuff from the back-end (like SQL queries), and executing…
SB
Software Engineering Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Non-developers can use the tool to create bots, but we ran into stability issues when scaling bots

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate our current exports and fraudulent transaction processing in the back office.

• "Non-developers can use the tool to create bots. Also, it is very easy for developers to use."
  • "The bot scaling process was painful, when you go beyond a few bots, and because we had stability issues. We had to work through the issues, and they took us a long time."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Automation Anywhere. Though, it depends on how they plan to build the environment: on-premise or cloud. There are some issues that we're facing in the cloud. The current features are good, but we are not using all of the product's existing features at the moment.
DS
Developer at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees

What is our primary use case?

As a developer, I improve our company processes through automation. The company has been working with the solution for two years. In my area, we have approximately five bots running.

• "The bot creation process is easy, manageable, and everything is well-organized for a developer. Everything is centralized."
  • "I would like to have a command that allows me to add code, like C#. As a developer, this would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

The product has everything that I want. I don't have to look for another tool to integrate with it. I am working on getting certified through Automation Anywhere University. The courses are good for people who have no knowledge regarding the tool.
FF
Chief IT Architect at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
From a developer standpoint, the tool is very strong, but they are looking forward to code versioning coming out

What is our primary use case?

We automate bots for our clients. We identify processes that our client need to automate. If we see that Automation Anywhere is the best platform for them, then we recommend it, and help them to implement some bots. I work with South American clients.

• "The Control Room for the bots and its ability to connect bots with APIs are the most valuable features."
  • "I would like to see GitHub or GitLab integration in the next version."

What other advice do I have?

Don't choose the platform first. Identify what you are trying to solve. Look out for the type of support that you will have in your region (local support). Assess the local support. The developers have to love it, or they are not going to use it. For some legacy systems, integration with other solutions is not as easy as it sounds. For standard integrations with other solutions, Automation Anywhere is alright. I haven't used the cognitive document processing features.
VJ
Senior Tech Advisor at Ernst & Young
We have been able to reduce our number of FTEs by using this solution

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is from a compliance and regulatory standpoint.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to reduce our number of FTEs.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

While the ease of use for non-tech users is good, it could be improved. I would like to see extensive OCR capabilities in the next release. That is a must. They need to make the solution more robust.

The solution has been pretty stable.

It is pretty scalable, but it does depend on how you develop the bot.

The technical support is very…
AK
AVP Solutions at CIGNEX Datamatics
We save time through our reduction in cycle time

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for automating our mortgage and loan origination processes.

• "The bot creation process is relatively simple."
  • "I would like centralized orchestration and better exception handling in the next release."

What other advice do I have?

Have your business plan well-developed. The solution is reasonably wide open, so it integrates quite well with other solutions. The IQ Bots are of limited use to us right now. We don't use AISense, and the version of the application that we use isn't capable with Citrix.
TS
VP Corporate Finance Systems at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The technical support is very good, but it takes them time to get results

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of systems filled with documents and PDFs, such as finance, accounts payable, and operations.

How has it helped my organization?

We just started and have only implemented one bot.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a cloud-based version with support.

It took us three months to scale up our first bot.

The technical support is very good. We are very happy with them. It takes them time, but they do get results.

We were not using another solution prior to Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup of the software takes time.

What

KH
RPA Lead at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to automate company processes all across our firm: finance, legal, compliance, and customer client account servicing.

• "The graphical user interface (GUI) is very useful, since I don't know any coding languages. I have been able to be a developer with Automation Anywhere without knowing the technical background. I am a business user, and not needing the technical knowledge to use the system has been useful for me."
  • "By combining Automation Anywhere and Appian together, we have been able to build a bot that works with Appian workflows to manage all our employees."
  • "The bot creation process is straightforward in some ways and complicated in others. You can get your initial stuff laid out really quick, but then putting in your exception handling is more time consuming."
  • "When I change the name of a variable in the Variable Manager, I would really like it to change in the code."

What other advice do I have?

I would encourage anyone looking for an RPA solution to look around at other solutions in the market. The ability to integrate the solution with other applications is hit or miss. We have a lot of homegrown applications, and sometimes those don't work. Mostly, they work well with websites until they change the websites. We have done a proof of concept of the IQ Bot. We struggled with it because we have sales spreadsheet that go across more than one page, and IQ Bot cannot follow it across more than one page. Also, the dp1 requirements were too high for most of our use cases. We don't use…
HP
Continuous Improvement Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
We use it to automate IT processes and it has good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate IT processes.

What needs improvement?

We would like it to be more user-friendly.

The scalability is good. It took us a year and a half to scale from our pilot to the current number of bots that we have.

We measure ROI by number of man-hours saved.

We also looked at Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

Start small. Pilot it for a couple of processes.
MR
RPA Business Analyst at Franklin Electric
Its ability to integrate with other solutions is awesome

What is our primary use case?

About a year and a half ago, we started making a business case for the software. We now have 15 bots running.

• "Its ability to integrate with other solutions is awesome."
  • "I would like to see a bot button."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend trying it. Once you see it in action, you will understand its capabilities and how easy it is to use. The bot creation process is pretty standard. We take an idea for a business process and try to standardize it. We put in development and test it a hundred times before putting in production. Courses on Automation Anywhere University are very easy to learn. It provides a huge amount of training and learning exercises for you to learn how to use the tool. I haven't used Citrix yet.
JD
ERP Reporting Manager at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
The support is sometimes really good, and sometimes it is really bad

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to automate tasks. We have one bot in production. It performs okay.

What is most valuable?

Unattended use is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I would like better support for migration objects.

We have problems getting the bot to run in our non-production environment. It took a long time to get the bot to run in our production environment.

The technical support is mediocre. The support is sometimes really good, and sometimes it is really bad.

The setup was very difficult. It recognizes the correct fields that you put into it, but it resulted in complex scripts.

What about the

ZM
Developer at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
It is easy and simple to use with its drag and drop functionality

What is our primary use case?

I am using it with my work on our disaster recovery process. It has been performing well, so far.

• "It is easy and simple to use with its drag and drop functionality."
  • "I have had a couple of crashes and issues."

What other advice do I have?

It is a great solution. We have had a lot of business users come in and use it, being successful with it. We have used some of the IQ Bots, but we haven't used them too extensively. We save about three hours a week using this solution.
IT
Senior Application Developer at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
The bot creation process is simple and useful

What is our primary use case?

Our first use case was to program a bot which could do the work of approximate 30 people, taking around half a year to implement. We did that bot around a year ago. This bot was the best case scenario for Automation Anywhere, making it the perfect application for RPA in our corporation.

• "The bot creation process is simple and useful. Whatever you need to do, it is there. If there is something else, there are the MetaBot functions."
  • "It has been challenging integrating Automation Anywhere with other solutions, due to all of the controls, as we are a bank."

What other advice do I have?

Do a very simple automation of an application entry, like registration. Then, you will see how fast the application is and will start using it right away. Every time a new employee starts with us, we start them on the Automation Anywhere University, "Hello Bot: Introduction to RPA" course. While the cognitive document processing is very impressive, we sadly don't have it right now. We are working on acquiring it. We don't use Citrix. We use Azure for every deployment. Azure has worked very well and is scalable.
RS
Senior Group Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Gives us the ability to build automation without coding

What is our primary use case?

We are automating repetitive, manual processes that don't add value to people's work. Also, we want to improve our risk management through quality and efficiency.

• "The ability to build automation without coding is its most valuable feature."
  • "We have had some quirkiness happen when integrating the Automation Anywhere with other solutions, such as weird Excel issues or temperamental legacy system issues."

What other advice do I have?

We have found the product useful. We are using it and have implement it. However, it is not perfect, and we have found that there are some frustrations. The developers who work for me find the solution fairly easy to use. Though, I do have developers who prefer typing stuff in rather than dragging and dropping. Generally, they picked up the solution quickly. For the bot creation process, we ask the end user, "Don't tell me how you do something, show me what you do." Then, as IT personnel, we build it. We have not taken any courses through Automation Anywhere University yet.
NW
Digital Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is a great company resource that is easy to use and learn

What is our primary use case?

We are using Automation Anywhere to automation some of our menial processes. We have automated our pricing update and audit functions that we do as an operations team.

• "Our organization used to have a process which took five business days to do: our monthly pricing update. This was a very manual process. Our very first bot built was to automate this process. Now, the bot runs in the background every month and the process takes less than a day to run."
  • "Working with the Automation Anywhere servers and domains have proven to be difficult. We are trying to get more licenses and servers set up, so we can run multiple scenarios simultaneously."

What other advice do I have?

A lot of companies are putting a lot of effort into increasing and improving their front office processes. It is a great resources right now. I am really looking forward to ramping up for my second year of going into automation.
JG
IT Business Partner at Lyondell Basel Industries
A good tool for RPA focused development

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to improve cost savings or FTE usage through automation.

• "The product is easy to use. It is a good tool for developers and business users."
  • "Getting the bot design into the developer's hands is taking longer than we initially anticipated."

What other advice do I have?

Start with a good integrator. That is what we did. It is a good tool for RPA focused development. We have been able to integrate the tool with other software. So far, we had no issues. I have taken one course through Automation Anywhere University. It was not a bad experience. I am planning to take more courses in the future. However, the courses are very long.
AS
CEO at Auctus
Reseller
The platform is easy to use, especially for business users

What is our primary use case?

We have several use cases for Automation Anywhere: * Grab data from one site to another. * We run all cache processes through it. * We can get more information using IQ Bots.

• "The platform is easy to use, especially for business users."
  • "I would like to see web and cloud-based platforms for future releases."

What other advice do I have?

Make a list of all your processes before starting, then decide on two or three processes that you want to automate. I have taken Automation Anywhere University courses. The new learning course model is more inviting and easier to use. As a solution, RPA integrates well with other solutions. It is very easy for us to work with the Citrix applications.
Supply Chain Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We spend less time preparing data

How has it helped my organization?

We spend less time preparing data.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the ability to schedule bots by whichever one is available.

The stability is good. I haven't had any major issues.

The stability has been good, so far. It took us four months to scale up to our current number of bots.

The technical support is good. I have only used it once.

This was the first time using an RPA solution. Automation Anywhere was our first choice.

The initial setup was straightforward. We have a…
LC
Software Developer at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
It eliminates redundant work from our offshore team to free up FTEs, but the technical support has been slow to respond to our inquiries

What is our primary use case?

We want to automate our business processes.

• "The speed of the delivery is its most valuable feature."
  • "It eliminates redundant work from our offshore team to free up FTEs."
  • "The solution doesn't offer all the capabilities that we need, so we have to use it in conjunction with other software."
  • "The technical support has been a little slow to respond to our inquiries."

What other advice do I have?

Learn from their website what other people have already developed. We are headed towards integrating the solution with other software. The cognitive document processing is new for our company. I started, but didn't finish Automation University University. I have taken more classes with Automation Anywhere vendors.
PC
Senior Director, Digital Transformation at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Reduces hours-long processes to minutes, but high-availability is an issue we need resolved

What is our primary use case?

We use it for financial back-office functions, things like fee information, balance information, and account aggregation information.

• "The general features, that we can automate a task that takes hours into minutes, are valuable."
  • "In high-availability, we have two Control Rooms acting as a cluster so if one fails the other one will take over. But that's not our environment operationally, and the latest information we have is that they identified another product bug."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you not only look at what the business needs are, but how the business will use the product when it becomes operational. It's relatively easy to get a bot developed to do what the business wants, as long as they have a good process laid out. But what is more difficult is that when you go into production you have to understand how you can schedule it if it's attended. Our three bots are unattended. You have to understand the scheduling aspect, you have to understand what happens if it's not happy path and there's an issue. Who does it go to? How is it going to get monitored? And…
SK
Configuration Specialist at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The OCR feature allows us to capture information from PDFs

What is our primary use case?

We have been creating a lot of bots for the finance department. At this time, we are trying to use the TaskBots and MetaBots, not IQ Bots. As of now, we have automated processes from the finance, accounting, treasury, and tax departments.

• "I like the OCR feature, where we can capture information from PDFs."
  • "Citrix is only in the development stage. Automation Anywhere could put some time into improving this more."

What other advice do I have?

Compared to the other competitors' tools that I have been experienced with for bot creation, Automation Anywhere is user-friendly. I have taken Automation Anywhere University courses. They are simple and detailed. The courses include videos and quiz questions. We want to learn more about IQ Bots going forward.
SD
Senior Consultant at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Automation has significantly reduced our FTE count. There is not much guidance for implementing DevOps, like continuous development.

What is our primary use case?

We have automated some fund management and fund reconciliation processes, which has been done successfully. The tool has been performing well.

• "In our fund management and fund reconciliation process, we had a lot of headcount. Automation has significantly reduced our FTE count, investing that IT personnel into other work. Also, the quality of the work has slightly improved."
  • "Our development time has been reduced because the solution is very user-friendly."
  • "Automation Anywhere has some limitation with its integrations. You can build your logic with MetaBots and .NET components, e.g., if something is not gathered by Automation Anywhere or built into functionality, you can write a MetaBot. A MetaBot is like an external component. You can write it through C# or .NET code, and make a DLL, and import it. This is not open to all data types or EXE functionalities which can be written through C#. You have to define your variable types, matching them with Automation Anywhere existing variable types. Because of the knowledge required, I cannot let another person, who doesn't know Automation Anywhere, build my external DLL code."

What other advice do I have?

The IQ Bot seems interesting in the terms of populating semi-structured data and gathering intelligence of its own. Though, I haven't implemented in my project yet. I didn't know Automation Anywhere seven to eight months back. All my learning came from the Automation Anywhere University. Though, I have experience in other RPA tools, the courses are really helpful, as they helped me to gather the knowledge needed to implement and master the product. Right now, I'm applying the information to my domain and company. I haven't used it in a Citrix environment. I very excited to see the next version…
SL
Vice President & Head of HR - L&T Defence at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Bot creation process is straightforward, but improvement is needed in integrations and AI

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is banking/financial. Processes we have automated include loans, ledgers, mortgage loans, and even some of the record management systems.

• "We're able to create reusable components. We don't want people to have to rebuild things from scratch. In this way, developers can take the reusable components and complete their development processes more quickly."
  • "From the IQ Bot perspective, frankly speaking, they still have to improve a lot... My expectation from a straight, technical, architectural point of view was that I would be able to create my own algorithm and integrate it. But with IQ Bot, I am not able to integrate anything..."

What other advice do I have?

All organizations have a certain strategy or checklist. In this case, management will think first about licensing cost, about the total cost of investment. After that, they will think about the product's features and functionality. They will also look at support. They will consider the use cases, the current processes they have identified already, and based on all that they will decide whether to go with Automation Anywhere or another product. In terms of our bot creation process, people come to me and say, "I have a process. How do we automate it?" We need to understand if it's a cognitive…
RS
Director at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have seen the tangible benefits of taking monotonous work off people's plates, creating capacity, and cost reductions

What is our primary use case?

Today, we use Automation Anywhere to build out the capacity within our organization. We use it to help us figure out opportunities, then remove some of the busy/transactional work, which employees don't want to be doing.

• "Our developers love it. It is fairly simple to use. Sometimes, we are able to even bring people on fairly quickly, like interns, and have them use the software. Then, we are able to see some real benefit out of it fairly quickly."
  • "With Automation Anywhere, it took us a bit of time to stand it up initially. We tried to do it in a virtual environment, which caused us a bit of headache. It could have been smoother in this aspect."

What other advice do I have?

Give the tool a try. Get the business onboard. Build some quick, easy bots at first. Then, you will be able to see the capabilities of the tool quickly. Our bot creation process is fairly robust. We have a centralized model with a good process from beginning to end, which involves engaging our business partners, documenting the as-is, looking at the future state, then coding the automation. We leverage Automation Anywhere, as a tool in our tool belt, and one that we've enjoyed adding because it increases our capability to change processes going forward. Automation Anywhere integrates pretty…
WH
Supervisor at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reseller
We are saving man-hours by hiring less people, but we would like to have more features inline with our traditional IDE

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for finance and marketing applications in our company, since we do a lot of our back office tasks at our company. We have automated in marketing, finance, our commercial organization, and are moving into HR. The tool performs very well.

• "We are using it to backfill a lot of our resources who are retiring, so we are hiring less people as we go."
  • "I don't use the technical support a lot. It feels like a lot of time that they will ask us to check the user manual."

What other advice do I have?

Ensure that IT is invested. Don't expect your business to carry the load. We like the idea behind the Bot Store, but we haven't really adopted the Bot Store yet.
CM
Director Solution Architect at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
It can tie a number of applications or processes together without having to do in-depth coding for automation

What is our primary use case?

As part of our retail banking group, we are using Automation Anywhere for various processes within it. In addition, we are using it for our risk and compliance teams for money laundering investigations and fraud investigations. We are using it primarily to remove out the human element of various processes.

• "It gives us the capability of leveraging our investments in different applications. I can use Automation Anywhere to tie a number of applications or processes together, without having to do in-depth coding to automate something."
  • "It frees individuals up from mundane tasks so they can concentrate on being more active and creative other things that they need to do."
  • "One of the things that we did was purchase the solution originally through IBM, as they had an value-added layer on top of it. Once we had another group come on, they purchased additional bots directly from Automation Anywhere, and they wouldn't integrate well. We had to uninstall the solution that we had purchased from IBM and reinstall those bots to move forward."

What other advice do I have?

Take a good long look at the processes that you are trying to automate. Look at the talent pool that you have to develop the bots. Do you want to become a development shop? Or, do you want some of the capability to be put in the hands of business users? In our case, we wanted that mix of technical and business users having capabilities around this application. Some of the other products didn't offer that. This was one of the things that we drew us to Automation Anywhere. We have some of our developers taking courses around Automation Anywhere University.
Senior Project Manager / RPA Architect at Royal Cyber Inc.
MSP
It saves time for the people who operate it, but the setup process is not easy

What is our primary use case?

I have implemented it for multiple use cases. One of the use cases that it was implemented for is filling out timesheets from the managers. There are certain managers who have to allocate hours to multiple employees, around 40 to 45 employees. Each month, they decided how much time that they will allocate to each of resource. Using a robot, they can automatically fill in the timesheet on Zoho, which is the timesheet system that the company uses. Another use case was that we used to have certain lists of vendors who billed every month. They had a specific format to their invoices. Using bots to… more »

• "It saves time for the people who operate it."
  • "The setup process is not easy compared to the competition, and this can be a barrier to entry."

What other advice do I have?

I recently took a look at the Bot Store, and it's a good initiative. I haven't started using it. I downloaded a couple of the bots, and hopefully soon, I will try to use some of them in a production environment. The real beauty of robotic automation is when it is running from the back-end (unattended).
JF
Software Engineer at The Travelers Companies, Inc.
With old web applications, we've been writing DLLs to integrate with it; that has worked well

What is our primary use case?

We're an insurance company and we use it to automate what would normally be done person-to-person by hand. We're gluing together the applications, going from one to the other to collect information to process them.

• "I also very much like the integrating of this solution with other applications. We have some old web applications that we've been using, and we've been writing some of our own DLLs to integrate with it. It has worked really well."
  • "If there were one thing I could ask for it would be a text-based language. Right now it's proprietary, so you always have to go through the tool, even for things like basic compares."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest advice I could give is to just be patient. There's a lot to learn and you really don't know, at first, exactly how you go about it, how does this happen? I started approximately two years ago, and having seen improvements to the software, I'm so excited right now about finding out where they're going. I've seen a great deal of the investment in the product as they develop it. so I'm fairly excited to be using it. Sadly, I have not gotten into much of the solution’s cognitive document processing (IQ Bot) yet. It's a matter of learning more about it and then taking the next step…
JA
Senior Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
It allows my clients to scale their businesses quickly, but the interface is not intuitive for business users

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate business processes for a manufacturing company.

• "My clients have seen tremendous value when it comes to automating business processes. The robust nature of the application allows them to scale their business processes pretty quickly."
  • "The reporting capabilities are pretty nice."
  • "The interface is not intuitive for business users who are used to seeing the process on a flow chart, like a Visio workflow diagram. This may be because of the nature of the way the interface is structured and the way the functions are built in list type of format."

What other advice do I have?

Pay attention to what you're doing, and the following: * Capabilities that you have in-house. * Support down the line. * Handing over your solutions to someone else to pick up. You want to have this type of mindset. With any tools, you have to ensure you have the right capabilities in-house to be able to help build out and manage any solutions in the future, along with managing your army of bots in deployment. It is a good, powerful application. It can fit pretty much any use case, but that is one component to it. The other component is do you have the right in-house skills to help you manage…
AZ
IT Analyst at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Frees up our staff from the mundane, repetitive tasks they were doing previously

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case would be order-scheduling for us. What we do is we take internal orders and we schedule them with our customers. There is a lot of data that we're managing both in our systems and in our customers' systems.

• "The standout qualities of Automation Anywhere were the ease of automation and that it is an intuitive tool. After a simple walkthrough, a couple of hours or two, you would be able to hit the ground running."
  • "We have a lot of use cases that depend on certain Java applets, and currently we're not able to leverage the Object Cloning that would speed up our automation designing. So we have to revert to more image recognition-type of designing, and it just takes a long time to get that bot built."

What other advice do I have?

Definitely take an inventory of all the systems that you have plans to carry out the automations in and ensure that the software is compatible with them. You definitely want to have use of that automation. As I mentioned, a few our use cases have to leverage image recognition, and that isn't really all that flexible. It just increases our automation time. Every customer will receive a demo of how easy it is to create an automation through a web browser, but it's really all those other applications that a company may have that bring the most value. You want to make sure that you take that…
TE
Solution Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It has streamlined many manual processes, eliminating errors and inefficiencies. We would like to see improvement in the workload management feature.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for finance, and it performs very well. We have automated every finance-based operation, from collections to invoice processing. We have also worked to implement the solution with customer service, operations, and IT.

• "It has streamlined many manual processes, eliminating errors and inefficiencies. It has also allowed us to introduce metrics, so we can generate operational reports and improve our overall business."
  • "We are still hoping to see improvements in its ability to have the client answer automatically and reconnect when Windows updates are applied."

What other advice do I have?

We have used Automation Anywhere for both attended and unattended automation.
SR
Senior Manager at Genpact - Headstrong
MSP
Excel operations and PDF for integrations enable us to automate logistics ops

What is our primary use case?

I'm using it for logistics with respect to Fintech, where we are dealing with the brokers.

• "With IQ Bot, we can now include cognitive automation into our process. The cognitive document processing is pretty good with IQ Bot."
  • "An additional feature we would like to see is the inclusion of a particular kind of scripting in the development environment itself."

What other advice do I have?

I've taken all the courses at Automation Anywhere University. I have been certified in Automation Anywhere, using their course system.
Founder at Predikly
Object cloning and screen scraping are key features, but there are challenges with settings when changing between environments

What is our primary use case?

As a partner, we've been serving a lot of customers with primary use cases in BFSI, healthcare, and oil and gas. We have automated some 30 or 40 processes including ERP, Financials, manual data scraping from various websites, offloading data from Excel into an application, etc. We've done quite a few.

• "Among the most valuable features that we've been able to utilize are the screen scraping and object cloning."
  • "Even though the product is easy to use, there are some challenges when we move across different environments; there's a lot of setup needed."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to go for Automation Anywhere. In terms of the bot creation process, it depends on what you're trying to do. The simple bots are easy, the complex bots have their challenges. The biggest challenge is when the settings change between environments. That's when we have faced a lot of challenges with things as simple as screen resolution. I've taken courses at the Automation Anywhere University and they have been pretty good. It's been really impressive. I would rate Automation Anywhere at about seven out of ten.
KW
Application Lead at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
We are able to create robotic tasks in a short time

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for a number of different transaction-based systems that the company has.

• "We are able to create robotic tasks in a short time."
  • "Automation Anywhere receives high marks for its ease of use."
  • "We have been a little frustrated by the frequency of cache releases."

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. The product is easy to use. For our bot creation process, we get somebody from the business unit to walk us through their process. We usually record that session, then we determine how to create the bot from there. The Automation Anywhere University courses are very good.
TT
Senior IT Design Analyst at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
While the bot creation process is simple to understand, the Control Room can be confusing

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to free up people to do more cognitive tasks, taking those repetitive tasks and doing those for them.

• "The interface is a lot better than a lot of other tools which are out there."
  • "In the debugging mode, it writes all the logs to text files, but it doesn't ever clean them up. We had one that got to 200K, and it bogged our whole machine down. We couldn't figure out what was going on until we found out that we had a 200K file sitting out there. We would like some sort of maintenance on the log files going forward."

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. It lives up to what it says it can do, for the most part. It really does help free up stuff. Just make sure you pick the right processes. A lot of the issues that people have with it are with not selecting the right processes for what the tool can do. We have had some success integrating this solution with other applications. We have also had some failures. We had some issues integrating it with SAP, but we started using MetaBots to do that, which seems to work really well. It does seem to work pretty well with most applications that we have integrated it with. The bot creation…
BR
Workforce Coordinator at a mining and metals company with 10,001+ employees
We are automatizing redundant activities, releasing employees to do value-added activities, but facing a lot of instability issues

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case was for a project in Brazil, where we managed to download and extract all the invoices which were pending for my company and inputted them in our system. The tool works very well.

• "We are automatizing redundant activities, releasing employees to do value-added activities."
  • "So far, the stability is not good. We are trying to improve this because we are facing a lot of instability issues."

What other advice do I have?

I recommend trying the tool. We have a few attended automation bots, which are working well. They work better than the unattended automation. It is an evolutionary process. We are doing the Automation Anywhere University now for our business, which helps with the ease of use. Our business users don't have development skills, and we are hoping that this resolves that. We have taken two courses, so far. We are now examining the collective results of the participants. We have not used the Bot Store.
DJ
IT Project Lead at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Designed for business users to utilize with a drag and drop functionality

What is our primary use case?

Right now, we have two business units which use it for automation, mostly for: * Back office * Shared services automation * Accounts payable * Accounts receivable * Most finance functions.

• "The most valuable feature is that it is intuitive. It is designed so business users can use it with a drag and drop functionality to develop automation of business processes. Since they are the experts on business processes, there are probably the best ones to create the automation."
  • "I would like the ability to extract the code. You can go line by line, then open up each line of code and dig into the details, but it would be nice to extract all of the lines of code and all of the details into a document so we could read through everything. Right now, there is no way to really consume all of the code at once, except line by line, which can be fairly time consuming if we don't really know what we are looking for."

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is a great tool. I have been in IT for 30 years, and am amazed at how far we have come with technology and tools to help us do our jobs. The ease of use and the power which the product offers you in a matter of minutes, if not just an hour, and what you can create with it. It integrations really well with other applications, as long as you have access from the same computer which you're running the software on to your other systems. Then, it can interact with those other systems just as if you were any user who is on that same computer. From this aspect, it is more powerful…
BPM Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides time savings, monetary savings, and risk reduction

What is our primary use case?

We use it enterprise-wide for HR, IT, and in the front-end of our transfer agency. The bot helps organizes certain HR classes, letting the organization know when classes have not been completed. We have uploaded certain fund model data to third-party portals. We can set up new accounts in less than a week, where it use to take months.

• "It integrates with different types of applications, so we can automate our business partners' redundant, repetitive tasks."
  • "I noticed that from version 10.5 to 11.3 the number of clicks to start a bot through the Control Room and Schedule Manager have increased. In certain cases, I would like to see that become simpler, faster, and easier."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand what your needs are: * Whether it's front-end or back-end? * What interfaces do you want to use? * Do you need an IQ Bot or some type of cognitive machine learning tool? Understand what the different tools from the different vendor do, because they are becoming more similar, but they are still designed for specific areas of a technology, whether it's the back-end, front end, or somewhere in the middle. You need to understand your own needs. Once you understand that, research the various tools thoroughly and make the best choice. The product functions well. The…
TC
Chief Architect at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
The Bot Store has helped tremendously with accelerating integration from other applications

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases are for card and HR automation.

• "It automates forms for our customers and our analysts."
  • "They could improve around continuous integration, e.g., Jenkins and GitHub, stating how you could use those products and integrating them into Automation Anywhere."

What other advice do I have?

Take into account your processes. As part of the automation journey, don't look at just the technology part. This is where a lot of people make a mistake. They focus so much on the technology that they forget about "process" of RPA. They need to take a longer look at this and break down the process at its task level to see if it is worth going the RPA route. Once you do this, look at the vendors to see which one provides more in the way of bot creation and scalability, especially if you are in a cloud environment. Then, with the continuous integration, you will need to have a lot of this as…
JC
Systems Engineer at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An easy to use product, but we would like them to add Citrix going forward to mitigate costs

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily used for accounting apps. So far, it has been okay. It's for a small implementation. We have automated account reconciliations.

• "We are using it for scripting, and it is end user based with screen captures. It is a bit easier to use than any of the other tools out there."
  • "We looked at the Bot Store initially and didn't find much."

What other advice do I have?

We looked at the Bot Store initially and didn't find much. We looked a year ago, so maybe we will take a look again. I don't have much experience with attended automation.
Business Transformation Manager at a maritime company with 10,001+ employees
The bot creation process is pretty user friendly for a lot of tasks, but it can be cumbersome for logic and variable manipulation

What is our primary use case?

We are automating internal processes, mostly at the task level. We are going in and looking for manual work which can be reduced through the use of automation. Primarily, we have automated finance and cost control related expenses. We are still in the proof of concept and pilot stages.

• "The ability to automate low decision, highly repetitive tasks and clear large backlogs of tasks that we could not do with our human staff."
  • "We would like a smoother process for moving bots and tasks between the different development environments, from development to testing to production. We find this to be pretty cumbersome to work through."

What other advice do I have?

Look into what the requirements are from an IT standpoint and involve the IT team in ensuring that the installation and setup are handled smoothly. Make sure that the IT team is onboard and invested in a way that makes them a close partner in the automation process. The bot creation process is pretty user friendly for a lot of tasks, such as the object cloning. I know a number of our developers have felt that it is a bit cumbersome with its logic and variable manipulation. A lot of us want to be able to start typing in directly rather than having to click and drag things, but as far as the…
SH
Senior Associate, IT at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Attended automation is great, but unattended automation is a bit of a struggle

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is process automation. We have automated our reconciliation process. So far, it has performed okay.

• "The most valuable feature is its Excel integration."
  • "It does not easily integrate with customized solutions."

What other advice do I have?

Start slow. Ensure you have enough processes in the pipeline to keep moving forward. There will be a hurdle to get over, and once you get over that hurdle (learning curve), it will be a lot easier going down that slope. Attended automation is great. Unattended automation is a bit of a struggle.
RR
Operations Leader at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It can tag different components within the automation

What is our primary use case?

We use it for multiple internal processes across multiple functions. We work with good people who have very defined goals and very defined approaches of how to execute and achieve their goals.

• "It has the ability to tag different components within the automation. We built it to track the ROI and stability of the product."
  • "The product is not the best that it could be. There is always room to improve it a bit more. They are heading in the right direction with their innovations."

What other advice do I have?

Do your research thoroughly. We are still using people who can figure our bots as their profession. We have not release the product from the ground up. We don't use the Bot Store.
BG
Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Because it reduced the time duration of our processes, our costs went down

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our refund department. We use it to initialize payments and everything else that is a repetitive process.

• "The Automation Anywhere University is a good tool. It goes topic-by-topic with real-time examples."
  • "I just came to understand that there is a cloud attached to it. I would like to see how the cloud is going to work, because every application is coming out with a cloud version. If you are not on-premise, then you will need to have Citrix automation."

What other advice do I have?

This product is really useful for me. I recommend Automation Anywhere as a solution. The bot creation process is good, though it depends on the use case. I don't use Citrix.
Specialist at Bancolombia
It has helped us a lot with our digitized work

What is our primary use case?

It is our RPA platform. It is the main platform that we use for backups.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us a lot with our digitized work. We have automated a lot of the bank's processes.

What needs improvement?

My team has taken courses through the Automation Anywhere University. The courses have been good. They have helped us, but it could improve some things, like how the courses are designed.

It is pretty stable, but we have experience issues.

We are working on scaling it now. We use it with more than 17 applications. So, we work it on a very large…
Automation Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Bot creation is a cool feature, as it allows the developer to do complex things. However, it isn't a reliable product as failures are high for huge volumes.

What is our primary use case?

It is for my partner development. We primarily work in the insurance business. So, we do a lot of insurance back office operations. These are the types of processes that we have automated.

• "Bot creation is a cool feature. It allows the developer to do complex things."
  • "We face issues when we need to increase volumes. Currently, it is failing for some reason, and we don't know the reason. It fails or stops, then we need to see what is going on. We have to fix that, then our developers need to rerun it. These are mostly practical challenges for our team who uses it on daily basis."

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is currently a good product. The RPA market is growing. The integration with other applications is good. There are some complications. With some specific applications, it may not work. We are facing some specific issues, but we have found workarounds. I am certified in Automation Anywhere University. I have not personally used the IQ Bot nor have I used any trial version, but the features look really good. I do not use Citrix automation.
VK
Sr Manager Emerging Tech at Verizon Wireless
Things are not overly complicated now, as we can streamline processes

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to save hours for all the manual stuff which is going on.

• "Its ease of use is the most valuable feature. It is easy to train developers and find the right people, then use them to build the tool."
  • "I liked the Automation Anywhere University. It was easy and simple. I hoped that it wouldn't take too much of my time, and it didn't, which was good."
  • "We had initial hiccups, like any new process. It took us six to eight months to sort the product out."

What other advice do I have?

We have integrated Automation Anywhere with a few other application, but there is still more work to be done. We have done some work with documentation, but not a whole lot. We are still exploring other features.
HS
Executive Director at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for optimizing processes.

What is most valuable?

It helps with the speed on improving processes and the results of those processes.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the learning curve.

The product is scalable.

We are measuring ROI through quality: Reducing errors, saving time, and saving money.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. it's not as complex as running a new computer language, but it is also not as simple as connecting EPL dots. Therefore, it is a medium level of complexity on the learning curve. My team has taken course on the Automation Anywhere University. Their feedback was good. I have not taken any…
MG
Senior Vice President and Digital Leader at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Bots add a lot of productivity and value to a business

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases. Primarily, we are looking at finance and accounting. So, we have been deploying bots, specifically in the area of account payable and cash applications.

• "There have been a lot of challenges in terms of interfacing with the customer ERPs. So, we have been building tools and interfaces using bots to write back into these custom ERPs. Specifically, in the area where I work, this has been very helpful."
  • "Bots add a lot of productivity and value to our business, because a robot can work for 24/7. They work a lot better, as compared to a human being, specifically for tasks which are repetitive in nature."
  • "I have not seen bots working efficiently in the area of reporting."

What other advice do I have?

When we started around two to two and a half years back, ease of use was a problem at the time. Right now, with the scripts and exposure that we have, I don't see a big challenge going forward. My team has been trained through the Automation Anywhere University, so we do have a lot of people who have been trained on this tool. The training materials are good. The feedback that I have received on the University has been good, as I have not been personally trained through the University.
JP
Associate Director, Healthcare Technology Solutions at a consultancy with 5,001-10,000 employees
We are getting massive efficiencies across our back office, internally. We are looking forward to the web-based development versions due to installation and performance issues.

What is our primary use case?

We have four core business areas: Energy, financial services, healthcare, and our internal corporate. We're spread pretty evenly across the four areas. We have automated a lot of processes serving human resources, legal, life sciences, financial services, healthcare (on the payer and provider sides), and IT. We're all over the place. We're still in the rapid expansion phase. The last six months have really been an explosion, so we're trying to keep everything under wraps and control it.

• "We are getting massive efficiencies across our back office, internally."
  • "We've had a lot of issues with the installation and performance on a variety of computers, onshore and offshore. Our network bounds multiple domains, and we've had issues there, as well. So, we are looking forward to the web-based development versions."

What other advice do I have?

The more you preplan, defining processes and governance upfront, the more successful you will be down the road. The solution integrates well with others. When it doesn't, it is usually the fault of the other solution. The courses on Automation University were generally good. We have not done anything with Citrix automation yet.
AA
RPA Developer at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides us with great flexibility to address many use cases, but bot creation is tedious

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it for development of finance operations, and it's been performing fairly well for the most part. We have 40 automations going right now and they run daily on the Bot Runner. We've automated journal entries, bank reconciliations, different claims-accounting - a lot of finance processes. For example, we created a system where accountants can drop in journal entries and the journal entries will be read and posted to our system.

• "The most valuable feature of the product is the flexibility. There are so many features that you can use to develop; it can hit a lot of use cases."
  • "The bot creation process is tedious. The solution has a lot of features, but since you have to drag down a lot of the commands, it can get tedious to use it. You end up having to use the mouse a lot more."

What other advice do I have?

Instead of trying to build a bot immediately, first build the infrastructure for how you want to build the bots. That way, when you scale in the future, it's a lot easier than trying to figure that out after you've already made multiple bots. I have taken courses at the Automation Anywhere University, but for the most part the courses have been very basic. I had prior training, but when taking it again in the University, a lot of it was just going over the basics of Automation Anywhere.
SS
IT Director at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
It helps to improve and optimize processes

What is our primary use case?

We have use cases in multiple groups: Supply chain, HR, and finance, which has three or four currently identified. We have already implemented a few use cases. E.g., we are automating the entire payment process for accounts receivable.

• "It helps to improve and optimize processes. It eliminates some of the manual tasks, so we can save costs."
  • "We are still looking into some of its current capabilities, like IT Bot."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend evaluating all the vendors in this category and seeing what best suits your needs before making a selection. It was reasonably simple to integrate. This was our first time with it, so we had learned our way through. The Automation Anywhere University was useful and a good head start for my team. I haven't taken of its courses yet. We are not using IQ Bot. We are evaluating it, but we haven't made a decision yet. We don't use Citrix automation.
SN
RPA Business Lead at World Bank
Simple to use and non-invasive, but it would help if they integrated AI and predictive analytics

What is our primary use case?

We have automated transaction processing, especially accounts payable, as well as document handling on the HR side, document-reading capabilities, and the downloading of reports from websites and sharing them with users. Transaction processing is our primary use case.

• "It's pretty simple and non-invasive."
  • "The stability could be enhanced."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Automation Anywhere because it's pretty simple, non-invasive, and easy to handle. In terms of integrating this solution with other applications, the majority of the ERP vendors are now coming up with built-in robotics. That's something which Automation Anywhere has to look into because currently, with Automation Anywhere, integration is an add-on product. Many other technologies are actually integrating RPA into their products. I haven't taken courses at the Automation Anywhere University, but my team has. It's pretty simple. It's pretty easy. I would rate the…
PP
Architecht at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Gels with any other application we have, from legacy to advanced technologies

What is our primary use case?

The primary intention is to automate business processes where manual work is heavily involved, wherever it is feasible. That is our core objective. We want to free up our time and concentrate on what is very important for the business by moving processes to automation. We have automated pretty much everything: premium registration, claims processing, underwriting. We have touched upon many processes.

• "It is very easy to use, very easy to learn. That is the main advantage of this tool. You don't need to have very specialized skills to learn it."
  • "It would be nice to have the IQ Bots integrated with the Enterprise Edition without requiring extra licenses. That would be great."

What other advice do I have?

Without thinking twice, I would recommend going for Automation Anywhere. We have taken courses at the Automation Anywhere University and that was good. It is a good learning platform. We touched almost all the courses. It also has the certification course. It was very good learning there. We even have our business associates logging in to the Automation Anywhere University and learning for themselves, learning about the platform and playing around. The process to get to our first bot took about one year. For our bot creation process, we first have a business meeting to understand what the…
JA
Senior Manager Development at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Saving primarily time, we have a high ROI

What is our primary use case?

We wanted to have more automation around our customers' processes. We do claim insurance type processing. Therefore, we wanted a process for their first notice of loss and a lot of the government regulations that they have to handle.

• "The most valuable features are ease of use and deployment."
  • "I am looking forward to seeing writing on Linux in the web and WorkBatch in the next release."

What other advice do I have?

I like the Automation Anywhere University courses. We are looking at using IQ Bot to digitize documents.
PP
RPA Developer at Verizon Communications
Reduced headcount by eliminating manual, repetitive work

What is our primary use case?

We have done a few use cases for the business, IT, and financials. The primary use case is for the business client.

• "We can integration with other APIs, which is a good thing. This helps us with our database integration. For example, we have done an SAP integration, which is great, since SAP has a lot of manual work."
  • "With Citrix, we need a dedicated server to work with it. This has become complicated, as it is not easy to pull all the systems together into one place. It would be better if the Automation Anywhere team could make this easy and simple."

What other advice do I have?

Go directly to the Automation Anywhere University site. There is some hands-on usage for the tool, and you can also download a trial there. I have taken some classes from the Automation Anywhere University. I did three types of certifications, as well. The Automation Anywhere University site provides a lot of information, along with certifications. It gives an overview of what is the tool is and how the developers can code the product, which is a good thing.
AM
Robotic Process Automation Manager at Imerys
It is a well put together solution which allows us to produce more quality work faster

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to automate manual tasks to free up space for more value-added tasks.

• "The flexibility which has been built into it is its most valuable feature."
  • "Our first automation removed manual work from employees, so they are now able to more quickly product quality work."
  • "The support and user community need improvement. For example, it would be nice to have a place for those who create bots to have a place to share information and success stories."

What other advice do I have?

We don't currently use attended automation.
BB
Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
The bot creation process is very straightforward compared to other tools I have used

What is our primary use case?

In our company, if you look at the SAP security area, there are a lot of user requests. There's a confusion around the rules. With Automation Anywhere, we can increase the automation capabilities and automate all the user-provisioning in that area.

• "Ease of use is one thing that definitely first comes to mind when I think of Automation Anywhere. The tools are built in a fairly straightforward way. The documentation is really good and a Knowledge Base is available on every topic."
  • "I would like to see more bots available right out-of-the-box in the SAP area. For example, if you take the overall OTC in our organization, we have to contact 15 teams. Even if we provide one big bot for the OTC, it won't work. It will not be used by one person. So if there could be more specific bots out-of-the-box, that would be really helpful."

What other advice do I have?

As you understand more and apply the tool to the processes, you will start to leverage the tool more quickly. I have looked at other tools, like UiPath. While I have not completely tested them, Automation Anywhere definitely has ease of use and a strong community available. I have taken the developer courses and done certification in the Automation Anywhere University. It's really good and helpful and I was able to grasp things quickly by using it. I installed the Community Edition on my laptop and started using it straight away. It's very good. I would rate the product at nine out of ten…
GB
Technical Lead at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
We have integrated it with everything from standard off-the-shelf products to custom apps

What is our primary use case?

We use it for every aspect of our company: Financials, purchasing, HR, etc.

• "The flexibility: If there is anything the tool cannot do, we have the ability to make a MetaBot to achieve that functionality. The overall flexibility of the tool makes it very useful for us in our landscape."
  • "I would like more integration into the entire Microsoft Suite of products, not just Excel. Companies use all of Microsoft products at the same time, and being good at just one Microsoft tool is a limiting factor. Being able to use Microsoft Excel, Access, and Outlook together and have them integrated (as standard) into the tool would be very useful, especially when you go into attended automation."

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework on your use cases. Knowing which use cases are really good for RPA is crucial in getting the program started. If you don't have your use cases identified, or have your functional processes identified, that want to automate, then it makes the scaling aspects more challenging. I am RPA professionally certified through Automation Anywhere and have taken multiple classes through the Automation Anywhere University. The courses are good. They are just like any other online training courses, which I have taken through other vendors, like Microsoft or SAP. It is on par with those…
JL
Process Architect at a media company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It returns hours, time, and money back to the business

What is our primary use case?

I have worked for two companies in the past who have used Automation Anywhere. Both primary use cases have fallen under finance and accounting, with a lot of finance and accounting based functions primarily for data processing: * Extracting data from different systems. * Aggregating data. * Doing analysis on data. * Porting data into other systems. * Doing accounting based functions, such as reconciliations and transaction uploads.

• "From a developer perspective, the user interface is user-friendly and easy to use."
  • "At the most granular level, automating people's daily tasks has been helpful by freeing them up to do higher value-add activities, which is definitely beneficial."
  • "Anything that can be done to increase the stability from a system standpoint in regards to large-scale systems, which are being used by a number of applications, e.g., Salesforce or Workday."

What other advice do I have?

Consider all relevant factors before making a decision on a provider. Don't just randomly decide to choose one provider over another. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you are trying to achieve by implementing an RPA solution, what you're looking for in an RPA service provider, and who is willing to best address that and meet the needs of what it is you're hoping to achieve. You should consider RPA as a solution, and there are a whole host of other automation software solutions across the spectrum, as well, which are relevant for different things, but RPA has its place in any…
DB
Manager, Business Process Integration at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
We can now do root cause analysis and have less noise in the system during the process

What is our primary use case?

We have developed apps for accounts payable (finance) to do three-way match.

• "The solution has removed humans making errors while increasing our time savings. We now have a lot of more efficiencies in our process."
  • "We are making less mistakes and have more metrics available to understand what our problems are. Now, we can do root cause analysis and have less noise in the system during the process."
  • "Understanding what we wanted to do the tool after setup, that was complex."

What other advice do I have?

No tool will ever fix your company. It is always about the stability of processes, understanding your scope, and what your problems are. This tool is a great tool to help with that once processes are stable. It will always be dependent upon people. Make sure you program the bot to help people, not what you think it needs to be. There will be a lot of meetings, scope developments, and data review, which will need to happen first. Then, if you get good with that, then the tool's going to be excellent. So far, everything has been good with the solution. It is a great tool. The integration works…
JB
VP IS Global Development at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Using bots, we have been able to recoup revenue because processes previously weren't being followed correctly

What is our primary use case?

We use it to augment our staff and remove some of the manual processes in our business. Our team, consists of two college kids who are doing almost all the work, along with a couple of business people to help teach them what is going on. The ease of use has been pretty simple, or they would not have been able to catch onto it so quickly.

• "The tech support for Automation Anywhere has been really good, so far. We haven't had to call them very much, but when we have, we have received a good response."
  • "I would like more with OCR and data capture. We are partnering with IBM to help bridge this gap, but Automation Anywhere should continue to expand on their product line and provide these capabilities, as well."

What other advice do I have?

Every piece of software has its goods and bads. For your organization, you have to ensure that the goods outweigh the bads for your use case. This solution has been great for our company in almost every way possible. Obviously, we made a good choice. Therefore, I would recommend taking a good, hard look at Automation Anywhere as your bot platform. With the latest version, I know they have improved the UI. That will already be a big help, Return of investment has been pretty easy, so it has not been a problem with getting funding for this solution. Our executive team was immediately involved…
LR
CIO at Binary Technologies Inc
It provides the ability to leverage the APIs of third-party solutions by using built-in MetaBots

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the insurance of clients.

• "Automation Anywhere is excellent for integrating with other solutions. It provides the ability to leverage the APIs of third-party solutions. We use some of the already built-in MetaBots to then scrape the data and manipulate independent data that we need in order to integrate with other third-party solutions."
  • "I would like to have a bot as a service platform on AA Cloud. This would minimize the installation process, and we wouldn't need to have all the hardware to support the platform in-house."

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is one of the products which allows you to leverage the power of RPA digital workforce technology is a timely and scaled approach. Compared to other RPA solutions on the market I have worked with, AA surpasses its competitors by far. The growth of Automation Anywhere product's stability, functionality, and technical advancements demonstrates the company is dedicated to its product, clients, and partners. It is evident that the product will only get better. The ease of use for developers utilizing this solution is excellent. I’ve abandoned the use of WorkFusion from our…
Global IT Director at a logistics company with 501-1,000 employees
Drag-and-drop and recording of mouse and keyboard controls make it easy to create reusable snippets of code

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for it was financial back-end operations. We dabble in Automation Anywhere. We don't use it.

• "In Automation Anywhere we liked the drag-and-drop and easily stitching the recording of mouse control and keyboard controls."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be "due diligence." Make sure you read, and make sure you engage the Automation Anywhere team and the support. We didn't, but we didn't have to. But do due diligence based on cost, and scale, and really what you're going to do. RPA is the hot word right now. Everybody wants to do RPA. But what we did is just put it into our arsenal of other tools. It's not the golden bullet. It's not the one that is the end-all. It's just one of the tools in the arsenal that IT has. That's why we chose not to spend $250,000 and, instead, to spend much less. Sometimes RPA is the answer. At other…
    GB
    Vice President Business Development at myInvenio
    Very comprehensive with different platforms, though the pricing model should be more flexible

What is our primary use case?

Accounts payable is our primary focuses for automation, and we are looking forward to this report. Thanks.

How has it helped my organization?

We are in the early stages and need to see how it goes for future bot building especially Bot Store today.

What is most valuable?

Very comprehensive with different platforms especially SAP and Oracle EBS.  The digital worker is interesting.

What needs improvement?

I am interested in discovery, and what this means for companies like mine. I think the pricing model should be more flexible.
    BB
    Tech Lead at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    We have been able to reduce the amount of repetitive tasks, but the pricing is expensive

What is our primary use case?

This solution was originally introduced to help operations reduce manual tasks. After seeing positive results, we have now implemented this RPA solution in IT.

• "We have been able to reduce the amount of repetitive tasks completed by operations, allowing individuals to move onto tasks which cannot yet be automated."
    • "I would like to see more stability around scheduling a bot to run headless."

What other advice do I have?

As a total package, this is probably the easiest solution to start with. Even if you add something that you will not need, e.g., Bot Insight won't be required until you have more than 50 bots in production. Even then, see if you can develop this through in-house metrics.
    Senior Technical Consultant at Fujitsu India
    Reseller
    Enables us to integrate with and trigger third-party tools, but OCR needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Generally, it is used in the banking and financial domains for Oracle and Java-based systems. We also use Automation Anywhere for integration where a third-party tool has to be triggered.

• "They've now included the code so we can add some additional code. That's good."
    • "I'd like to see the OCR feature be perfected. Today we get an accuracy ratio from OCR of around 40 percent to 50 percent only."

What other advice do I have?

It's important that all processes are documented properly. In terms of maintenance, our policy is that we do two weeks of hyper-care. After two weeks it's over to the client and they maintain it from there on. But for those two weeks initially, if there are any errors we will change the code and deliver it. But the maintenance is good. We don't need to modify many things.
    KH
    GM Business Process Planning Dept at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees

What is our primary use case?

Since we are an insurance company, there are many administrative tasks, such as, the enrollment agreement process, address change after enrollment, issuing of various certificates, making payments, etc. We wanted to automate these administrative or back office operations, so this is where we first started. After we verified that the products by Automation Anywhere can work with our organization, we decided to expand their use to the making of sales materials and business performance documents for our sales division, as well as administrative processes for our operations division. Other uses… more »

• "This solution is valuable because it can automate tasks which would otherwise be left for us to process manually."
    • "The immediate impact is administrative tasks which were traditionally done manually are now being done by robots. This reduces the workload for people."
    • "As far as stability is concerned, there have been some challenges. Sometimes, we experience our computers freezing up for no apparent reason or the network being inaccessible."

What other advice do I have?

I would to give the solution a ten, but considering the stability issue and its readiness, I would say that it is between an eight to a nine. Foreign Language: (Japanese) この製品を主にどのように使用していますか?また、パフォーマンスはどうですか? まず我々が取り組んだところは、第一生命は保険会社ですので、保険にはもの凄く加入の時の 契約の手続きであったりだとか、加入されてからの色々な住所変更だったりだとか、色んな証 明書の発行だったりとかですね、で最終的には保険金をお支払いする、そういった事務がかな りの量であります。で、まずはそういう事務のオペレーション、バックオフィスですね、そう いった所を自動化していこうという所で、そこからまず始めて行きました。で、ある程度そこ で、Automation Anywhere の製品が機能するんではないかと言うことが確認できましたので、 それをもっと広げていこうっていうことで、今は営業部門の色んな資料作りであったりだと か、業績の管理の資料作りだったりだとか、あとはそれ以外の運用部門、資産運用部門の…
    KG
    Digital Expert at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
    Has a lot of out of box features when it comes to SAP, Excel, and others but you have to recode again and again

What is our primary use case?

I deployed this solution mostly in the finance and accounting space. We had two primary use cases. One was automating the procured invoice to pay process and the other was automating the order to cash cycle, OTC process.

• "Automation Anywhere was easier to learn for the developers. It has a lot of out of box features when it comes to SAP, Excel, and others."
    • "The biggest issue was that the new license required upgraded hardware infrastructure so we were getting all new tech stuff procured which meant that we were getting updated RAMs and things like that. Getting the licenses was easier but building the infrastructure which was required to support the new version was difficult."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten. I would advise two things to someone considering this solution. Go for it if you are positive it is very simple and you understand your processing end to end. It is a cheaper tool compared to others and the initial implementation is relatively easier. You will get results faster. Second, if your process has many variations, is complex, and you do not know a lot about your process, do not use Automation Anywhere, otherwise, you will run into trouble while going live and after support.
    Finance Head of BSO Senior Group Division at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    The customer engagement is really deep. They work with operations very closely.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to automate all the back-end processes, which are accounts receivables, accounts payable, automatic settlement, and a lot of processes in the supply chains. Afterwards, we move onto the front-end transactions.

• "The customer engagement is really deep, and they work with the “gemba”. They work with operations very closely. I also believe they have a good product roadmap."
    • "They will need much more support, because it is a new thing and it’ll never fail because of productive partners. It will fail if people on the “gemba” don’t adopt it."

What other advice do I have?

For my company and me, we come from a good technology company. Every company is a technology company. Without technology, you cannot live. When you are building up your back-end processes, especially in the shared services, what next? In the Asian markets, they have come to a point of maturity where labor is the normal average. Looking at China, the Philippines, Malaysia, or even India, these markets are becoming more exponentially expensive. Therefore, what is our next wave of forward industrial evolution? To me, these digital automation RPAs going into artificial intelligence and machine…
    SS
    Director Of Innovation at Quantum AI
    Top 20Popular
    Enables me to mimic human behavior on a screen, but takes a lot of memory and CPU resources

What is our primary use case?

My primary use cases are where I'm dealing with a lot of raw data extraction and transformation so that the data can be used by other systems. An example would be getting the data out of PDF files, transforming it from semi-structured to structured and putting it into an extra-stable system like Excel or a CSV so that it can be used by other systems.

• "What I like about Automation Anywhere is the object cloning and the way you can move the mouse and either go to a particular point or go to an element. That's very easy and intuitive in Automation Anywhere... If I need to mimic a human behavior, I will use Automation Anywhere."
    • "There's a loss of overhead on the computing resources in Automation Anywhere. If you have an encrypted bot, the Automation Anywhere software has to read it first, decrypt it, and run it. So there is a potential that, if the logic of the bot isn't good enough, a lot of CPU and memory overload will happen. This is something which Automation Anywhere should look at because it takes a lot of computing resources. I have seen CPUs running at 100 percent."

What other advice do I have?

It's a very dynamic market and everyday new tricks are being discovered. My advice would be: Look at your process. If your process is screen-based, doesn't have a lot of things to do with APIs, go for Automation Anywhere. If somebody's looking specifically to implement Automation Anywhere, irrespective of what process they're automating, I would probably call it a bad move. Role-wise, we follow our own system. We have a solution designer and we have an architect. These two guys work hand-in-hand, from solution design to a technical architecture of the Automation Anywhere bot. Then we have…
    EM
    Automation Manager - Nordic at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Popular
    MetaBot reusable code makes development much quicker and role-based access gives us security control

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate all kinds of business processes. The primary use case is the RPA platform, even though they have the cognitive platform and the analytics platform. We use it for so many different things it's hard to focus on one, but it's automating business processes in our banking system. We're interfacing a lot with Excel, our ERP systems, some legacy systems, the databases, file folders, text files, CSVs. It's hard to pin down one.

• "One of the features that we have used the most is an action in the Workbench called Object Cloning. We find that very reliable and very useful for implementing different business processes."
    • "Security is a top priority for us. To be allowed to automate different processes, we need to have a good set of controls around who is allowed to do what, and what credentials people can and can't use. It allows us to manage access make sure that we have full control."
    • "The main things I've found that could be better are small things that can be annoying when you're using them a lot. I would recommend they add a feature where, if you mark the start of an "If" sentence it will highlight the end of the "If" sentence. That would make it easier to get a better overview."
    • "We would like to see more options for merging and un-merging PDFs. More flexibility there would be good. We've figured out ways around this and, using their software, we've been able to do everything we wanted to do. It just took a bit more time to do it. We were on version 10.5 and in their Bot Store they actually had a bot that did exactly what we wanted to do, but it was for Version 11.0."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to get started and get help. It's very useful to have consultants come in to help you get started. That will kick-start your implementation journey. Also, look at it as a journey. You won't get to an end-state where you will say, "Alright, now I'm done," because you will have to improve your implementation at all times, keep progressing, moving towards AI. In my opinion, the vendor you choose in the first year is kind of irrelevant. But when you come to a point where you're about to scale up, then it's important to be associated with the best vendors out there. For us, being a…
    Delivery Manager, Robotics Process Automation at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    We have automated our critical functions, like supply chain management and purchase orders

What is our primary use case?

Most of our use cases are for primary supply chain management. We have a lot of business processes and back office automation that we do primarily for our product people and our finance team. Most of the work is automation done in supply chain management, product setup, and product administration. I have been using this solution for almost four years and one year at my current company.

• "We have seen more efficient processing and less number of errors due to quality control."
    • "We have staff who have been moved out of the mundane tasks and are now doing value-added activities."
    • "We have a few issues which have persisted. These end up restarting the machine. We are hoping in version 11.3 of Automation Anywhere, our compatibility and infrastructure issues will be resolved."
    • "If you work with image recognition and custom objects, there are stability issues."

What other advice do I have?

It is a good with a good support app, but I would like it to work 100 percent of the time. We are looking to increase our usage in the future. First, we need to locate the opportunities to automate within our organization to automate which are good contenders for RPA engines. We are also trying to standardize our processes to push more processes into the automation pipeline, leading to expansion. We are getting Automation Anywhere to assist with this as part of our Phase II project, and increase our bot usage by the end of the year. If you are implementing it, you should have a good business…
    Global Intelligent Automation & Transformation Leader at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    MSP
    MetaBots' reusable drag-and-drop code helps business users save time

What is our primary use case?

We have so many use cases. One of them is in finance and accounts. We have customer billing portals where there are invoices and purchase orders. The bot goes through these and gives a roll-up of the billing numbers. It goes through each customer portal. One example of a customer is IBM. It goes to the IBM portal, it logs in with bot credentials to SAP Ariba, opens an invoice and matches the purchase order items with that invoice, line by line. It then posts that invoice for billing purposes in that customer billing portal.

• "MetaBot is the most valuable feature. Other products have robotic functionality but MetaBot is a kind of functionality by which code is created... so business users who do not have coding knowledge can drag and drop."
    • "There is room for improvement when this application is used in a Citrix-based environment."

What other advice do I have?

Go slow. Don't rush into things. Try to adopt this implementation around the business strategy your organization has. Don't follow other organizations blindly. Have a digital policy around adopting this technology. Have a Chief Digital Officer, who is able to understand this and then internally sell it. Don't go with a "big bang" approach, but rather, go with the right test use cases, and then try to actually solve a complex business challenge through this implementation. Don't implement it just for the sake of it. For example, when we implemented it our focus was not to implement robotics…
    Automation COE Manager at a mining and metals company with 10,001+ employees
    Automation Anywhere enables the development of software robots to automate manual, repetitive electronic tasks.

What is our primary use case?

We have used Automation Anywhere to develop different software bots. We currently use version 10.7 for Windows 10 and we are in process of migrating our version to 11.2. We have automated important processes like creation of purchase orders from attributes that are in a Sharepoint form, and upload of exchange rates in our ERP system from data that is available in websites (central banks). We look at automating processes that are manual, repetitive, and rules based.

• "MetaBots are useful when connecting to websites or to forms with objects that need to be captured."
    • "The schedule queue needs improvement. When one task fails, everything else gets stuck, requiring manual intervention to clear the problematic schedule and trigger the other tasks."

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is a great platform. It is the tool that allowed us to bring back to life former plans to create our digital workforce. One suggestion is to go with the most recent release, both for the app and Control Room. Versions after 10.7 are the ones with enhanced functionalities. We purchased ten developer licenses, all of which are in use now. The developers are responsible for deployment and maintenance along with two administrators. We have a target to be met and it requires extensive use of the product. This target will certainly be increased in 2019.
    Sr. RPA Developer at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Integration with source control is very refreshing and the dashboard is great

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is within anti-money-laundering: To take alerted cases and gather artifacts on multiple websites or applications, and then to consolidate those into a single file, in this case in OneNote, and provide that to the investigation team. Primarily, this was all being outsourced because it's a lot of very tedious researching and collecting of the artifacts and consolidating them. Once that consolidation is done, those artifacts can be handed off in a structured format to another team which actually looks at the alerted information, at the details, to see whether it justifies the… more »

• "Its integration with source control is very refreshing. There could be a little bit more maturity around how to do some of the features, but not having to go outside the app, not having a separate set of procedures, allows you to check in and check out right from within the app. You can make edits and uploads and undo your checkouts."
    • "It really does have a great dashboard. It has Bot Insight, it has MetaBots, and IQ Bots. It has so many features where it can read a file and loop."
    • "Regarding the UI, once you're in some of the screens there are fixed dialogues. They are a set size, so there's a lot of horizontal scrolls and vertical scrolls."
    • "If I want to do something that is more purely business-related and is somewhat complex to write or is nuanced, I sometimes have trouble implementing that inside of the Automation Anywhere script. I feel limited at times with some of the looping and some of the branching and some of the ways to make procedure calls when I have a complex business issue."

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework, talk with the team, get your questions, read through the documentation, and then decide on your platforms and make sure you really focus in on whether you need clustering and the load-balancing because those are going to make a big difference in your costs, your platform, and scalability. Get that worked out first. Then pick a use case that is very quick and simple where you don't care about the ROI but what you want to do is make sure that you're testing your environment, that all your environments work, that you can do source control, that you can promote, that you can…
    GF
    Process Improvement Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Enables us to automate multiple repetitive and time-consuming processes

What is our primary use case?

We use it for robotic process automation.

• "The solution is easy to learn and with it, it's easy to replicate knowledge."
    • "We had several issues when trying to connect the different components, due to our firewalls. They were eventually solved by our internal IT and the AA technical team."

What other advice do I have?

Put together a solid strategy to develop and maintain automations. Also, work closely with internal controls and internal auditing. In our organization, we have four developers using it. In terms of how extensively the solution is being used, we have automated 24 macro processes and many more are in the pipeline.
    NT
    Program Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    It Automates The Simple, Mundane Tasks That People Hate To Do

What is our primary use case?

Right now, we have about 15 to 18 use cases, from finance to project management assistance and business operations.

What other advice do I have?

It is not so much about the tool. It’s probably not even about the company, Automation Anywhere. It’s more of the internal issues that a colleague would encounter. There is only so little that can be solved by RPA. The real solution is in the BPR and other transformations that they need to go through. If they are expecting this to be a silver bullet for something, it’s not. They need to go through the due diligence of automating the right processes right.
    NK
    Manager, Administrator of Strategy Team at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    We Would Like To Pose FAQ Questions Directly To Automation Anywhere Japan. The Product's Automation Ensures Accuracy.

What is our primary use case?

We are a service department which handles toys and games. Currently, we are at the phase of selecting a representative from HR, Administrative, Accounting, and IT to develop our day-to-day operations. We have not implemented the solution yet. We have done the RPA for the tasks. We have developed it, but haven’t reached the stage of implementation yet. The PoC is done, and now, we are in the development.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product as a five out of ten. It is partly because our process has not progressed much, and also what I said about the support. We get the support from the company we have a contract with, but I would like to see more worth in the new Automation Anywhere Japan. It’s good as an RPA company. For an organization who is looking to do some business renovation, the solution can work well depending on its purpose and usage. You can also expect good scalability. However, I wouldn’t recommend it to those who just want to increase their number of bots. Foreign Language: (Japanese)…
    JS
    Senior Manager IT Department / Corporate IT Planning at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
    The Structure Is A Client Server, So We Can Expand The Environment Quickly, If Needed

What is our primary use case?

It’s mainly for back office tasks, such as accounting and supply chain management (SCM). Currently, we are implementing RPA for these back office tasks.

What other advice do I have?

In regards to advice, if looking to reform your business process and automate in the same way as we did, they would need something appropriate. We chose Automation Anywhere. If you have a lot of simple tasks, you may want to process with speed and obtain something else. There are different tools for different purposes. Get the right tool and think about the way to do it for whatever you are aiming for. Foreign Language: (Japanese) この製品を主にどのように使用していますか?また、パフォーマンスはどうですか? 主に会計系、SCM領域のバックオフィス業務を主にRPA化しています。 当ソリューションはどんな点において最も役に立ちますか? 人の3-4倍くらいの速さでミスがなく業務が自動化される点と考えています。…
    MO
    Assistant to GM, IT & Business Transformation Division at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Gives us the ability to define RPA tasks automatically

What is our primary use case?

RPAs are often used in administrative processes, but we have applied it to our master data management for manufacturing. At manufacturing plants, there are not a lot of administrative processes. However, there are many tasks dealing with what we call our master data, so that’s where we have implemented RPA, to collect, search, as well as register the data.

What other advice do I have?

In our line of work, we don't have that many simple administrative processes. I’m sure companies like banks have enormous numbers of such processes, but in our company, our staff would spend less than an hour per day on delivery slips. If we got RPA and a bot, that would end up being more expensive. Foreign Language: (Japanese) この製品を主にどのように使用していますか?また、パフォーマンスはどうですか? 一般的にRPAと言われると事務処理に使われるところなんですけど、我々は製造のマスター管理と言われているところに適用しました。製造業で実際の工場の運営ではですね、事務処理的な要素は非常に少ないんですね。ただ、マスターと呼ばれているデータを扱う業務は非常に多くあって、そこでのデータの収集検索だとか登録という業務のところにRPAを適用しました。 当ソリューションはどんな点において最も役に立ちますか?…
    Senior Software Engineer at Tech Mahindra
    We wanted to run the Automated TestCase prepared in TestingAnywhere from another tool. So the *.exe file came in handy.
    System Test Engineer at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
    The IDE is simple and easy to use but if you come from a coding background, it's a little too simplistic.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a fast solution using minimal resources not requiring an advanced programming skill set this is your product. It’s easy to learn and quick to deploy. While it has some really great features and is extremely easy to use it is still fairly new to the market and has its bugs. (Not that other solutions do not).
    Test Automation Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Lots of valuable features and good for beginners who don't know have knowledge of scripting

What other advice do I have?

This Testing Anywhere is a good tool for the functional testing and also good for the beginners in Automation who don't have knowledge in scripting.
    Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.