Bonita Overview

Bonita is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Process Automation tools. It is most often compared to Camunda BPM: Bonita vs Camunda BPM

What is Bonita?
Bonitasoft helps innovative companies worldwide deliver better digital user experiences for customers and employees. The extensible and open Bonita application platform unleashes the full potential of multidisciplinary development teams to create Living Apps: applications that allow continuous and incremental improvement, connecting tailored user interfaces with reliable back-office operations.

Bonita is also known as Bonita BPM.

Bonita Buyer's Guide

Download the Bonita Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Bonita Customers
With more than 1000 customers in 75 countries, and its ecosystem of more than 120,000 members, Bonitasoft is the largest provider of open-source Business Process Management, Low-code and Digital Transformation software worldwide.
Bonita Video

Bonita Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

JaimeBonilla
Desarrollador Senior Bonita BPM with 51-200 employees
Jan 16, 2019
Great product that is powerful in developing applications

What is most valuable?

It is powerful in developing applications.

What needs improvement?

The GUI designer must be improved. When you generate a form it does not generate so well.

Three to five years.

I have not encountered issues with stability.

I have not encountered issues with scalability.

I would rate the level of technical support as highly effective.

I did not previously use a different solution.

This solution was relatively complex to implement.

What's my experience with

Claudio Daniel Ruiz Diaz
Dueño at a tech services company
Sep 14, 2017
Java integration is powerful enough to solve any complex problems

• "Process automation with Bonita BPM is really easy."
  • "Automation in vacation of a human resources replacement would be a good improvement in the product."

What other advice do I have?

If you are trying to use a BPM solution for a core business implementation, I would strongly consider to use a subscription version (a licensed one). Do not use a community edition for business core implementations: Just because of the support service. In the community edition, you will be quite alone because Bonita BPM community is not as active, like others.
Find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi and others in Business Process Management. Updated: February 2021.
466,017 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Daniel Lemeszenski
Senior Technical Team Lead at Wipro
Jul 22, 2017
In my MBA class, I use this tool ​to teach BPMN design and execution. Documentation is weak.

• "Development of forms and flows."

What other advice do I have?

You should check also Oracle and IBM BPM on cloud. However, if your company doesn't have a big budget, then Bonita BPM could be a good option.
    Brad Pridgeon
    Sr. Software Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Feb 16, 2016
    It doesn't use any type of proprietary scripting language, like in some other BPMs. Documentation and examples could be enhanced.

What other advice do I have?

Before choosing any BPM product, definitely do a real world POC with and test ease of connectivity to external systems via REST or SOAP, evaluate ease of form development, and ease of custimization.
    it_user285456
    Technical Consultant at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    Aug 5, 2015
    With it, we can run processes immediately after the design stage, but not all BPMN 2.0 notations are supported.
    it_user250815
    Sr. Talend Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Jun 23, 2015
    Implementation is easy, but it requires improvements in order to be more flexible.

Valuable Features

User friendly Easy implementation Reduced cycle time to implement a process Bonita Studio provides a more look & feel and flexibility for changing the process and forms

Improvements to My Organization

BPM helps to automate complicated processes.

Room for Improvement

It requires improvements for better look & feel and for flexibility in changing the code in the portal.

Use of Solution

It's been four years.

No issues.

Customer Service: Good Technical Support: The community forums are very good for providing answers on technical issues.

Other Advice

It is a good product!
    it_user255321
    Sr. Lead Engineer, Sr. BPM Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Jun 15, 2015

Valuable Features

Real java-like hooks into development of the business process model. The Connector implementation is a great addition to an out-of-box solution providing robust features for the developer to build hassle-free integrations. I also really liked the way Bonitasoft lets you define and configure how your connector interface is exposed to others leveraging your custom connector.

Room for Improvement

Would love for some of the documentation to be better, since there are many great functionalities built into the product!

At times Bonita BPM Studio crashes, intermittently.

Customer Service: 9 Technical Support: 9

No, very straight forward.

Implementation Team

In-ho…
    it_user242874
    Enterprise Architect - CEA at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    May 21, 2015
    Historically, there was a 'no man's land' between the business analyst and the developer.

What other advice do I have?

I hope to use this product for many years to come. It is more than helpful, it is worth the effort of learning to better our company.
    it_user228300
    Product Manager at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
    May 4, 2015
    Studio provides an opportunity to get early feedback and quickly change the process and forms.

What is most valuable?

Ease of implementation Reduced cycle time to implement a process Studio provides an opportunity to get early feedback from real users and quickly change the process and forms

7 months

Customer Service: Good Technical Support: Excellent

No previous solutions.

In-house
    it_user128742
    Partner with 51-200 employees
    May 4, 2015
    Previously, we developed custom business systems. We switched to Bonita because it cut down development time and is easier to demo to prospective clients.
    it_user228390
    Sr. Product Manager iApps at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
    Apr 23, 2015
    We like the ease of implementation and how it is user friendly.

What is most valuable?

User friendliness Ease of implementation Vendor responsiveness

How has it helped my organization?

Bonitasoft helped us automate complicated and labor intensive processes

Customer Service: Good. Timely and adequate. Technical Support: Good. Timely and adequate.

In-house implementation
    it_user105078
    Consultant at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
    Apr 17, 2014
    A BPM platform with a wide range of connectors

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product and a rich service behind that