Oracle E-Business Suite Overview

Oracle E-Business Suite is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Field Service Management tools. It is most often compared to Oracle ERP Cloud: Oracle E-Business Suite vs Oracle ERP Cloud

What is Oracle E-Business Suite?
Oracle E-Business Suite is the most comprehensive suite of integrated, global business applications that enable organizations to make better decisions, reduce costs, and increase performance.

Oracle E-Business Suite is also known as Oracle EBS, OEBS.

Oracle E-Business Suite Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle E-Business Suite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Oracle E-Business Suite Customers
Colab, Portobello, Saudi Telecom Company, DG Khan Cement, Dubai Holding
Oracle E-Business Suite Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Onur DINCER
Principle Oracle Apps DBA at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Feb 18, 2019
Administrators can apply patches on the fly with minimum downtime, however customization deployment is complex

What is our primary use case?

EBS r12.2. can be used in many industry like oil and gas, energy, construction,health and care industries to implement Purchasing,HR,Finance modules in it.

What other advice do I have?

If your requirement is not so complex, give a try. For smaller ERP solutions, Oracle EBS is a complex solution which has complex requirements.
SS
reviewer1005111
Chief Architect with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 7, 2019
Improved visibility into manufacturing and gives a good, in-depth analysis

What is our primary use case?

Process costing.

How has it helped my organization?

Improved visibility into manufacturing.

What is most valuable?

Costing: very good, in-depth analysis.

What needs improvement?

Reporting.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GM
reviewer992160
Managing Director at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Jan 21, 2019
I can customize summarized reports to be available on the dashboard but we would appreciate sending notifications through SMS

What is our primary use case?

Management of supply chain in the petroleum industry: from requesting quotes from suppliers to issuing LPO, managing credit; and selling in cash, credit, and discounts.

How has it helped my organization?

Generating reports is more efficient: generating financial reports, employee reports, volume reports, and time attendance reports.

What is most valuable?

Accessing vital information on the dashboard: I can customize summarized reports to be available on the dashboard.

What needs improvement?

Sending alerts through bulk SMS. With the growing use of mobile phones, we would appreciate sending notifications through SMS.

NG
ReviewerNG524
Assistant Vice President, Global Projects Delivery at comviva
Jan 17, 2019
Provides a well-centered database that is feature rich

• "It provides a well-centered database that is feature rich."
  • "The UI interface is not great."

What other advice do I have?

When deciding on a solution, I suggest looking at the vendor, the stabiliy of the product and the tech support provisions. A business has to run smoothly, and the solution has to help ease that process.
Yasser Ghonaim
IT Operations Service Delivery Senior Manager at e-finance
Jan 16, 2019
Helps manage our Financial Systems but it is costly

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is for Governmental Fiscal Management Information Systems (GFMIS). This is a complete solution to manage the whole country Financial System.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface is not completely a web interface. It uses a lot of traffic which costs too much for a large number of users scattered throughout the country as they connect from their terminals to do their tasks.

More than five years.

It costs too much.
Gustavo Gonzalez
Chief Technology Officer at IT Convergence
Leaderboard
Jul 25, 2018
Financials and Project Management suites give us flexibility in configurations

What is our primary use case?

We are using Oracle E-Business Suite as our back-office system for HRMS, financials, and projects. We first implemented in 2003 and we've been upgrading to the release 12.2.6 which is our current version. It has been integrated with other Oracle and non-Oracle products.

• "Very flexible in terms of configurations and it's capable of integrations."
  • "Reporting is a big area for improvement. It needs to provide the ability to extract data from the suite. Oracle has also been making a great effort to make E-Business Suite more user-friendly but there are still areas where a focus on User Experience would help."

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate it an eight out of 10. It is very stable and has all the required functionality. It's very flexible and capable of integrations. I think the technology has some room for improvement and the lack of embedded reporting creates a need for external reporting.
Rajinder Sachdeva (Pmp, Oracle Certified Master.)
Infrastructure Architect at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Jul 16, 2018
Significantly enhanced our inventory procurement processes

What is our primary use case?

Financial, procure to pay, order to cash, inventory management, enterprise asset management, human resources management, and iStore.

What other advice do I have?

I give it an eight out of 10 because it required some customization.
Felix Daniel Bravo Pérez
Gerente de Aplicaciones Oracle at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Jul 16, 2018
Enables us to create accounting from transactions handled by multiple legacy systems

• "The supplier invoice payment process is very easy and is integrated from the requisition to the payment (and to creating the asset)."
  • "The GL and FAH modules have become real-deal players for an organization with many legacy systems that handle transactions and where there is a need to create accounting from these transactions."
  • "Standard reporting needs to be changed. Many of the standard reports look the same as they did in version 10.7, 20 years ago."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution at nine out of 10 because there is always room for improvement. Oracle E-Business Suite is very customizable, with a lot of interfaces and processes that can be programmed in different ways. It provides a lot of workflow approvals for different business processes and is adaptable and scalable. I am a functional consultant for e-Business Suite (and training to go to the Cloud). My experience as a functional consultant covers these modules: GL, AP, AR, PO, FA, ENG, OM, INV, WIP, BOM, FAH, CE, CST.
it_user80574
Program Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 16, 2018
Provides us with a transparent view of our financial system

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage back-office work, financials.

How has it helped my organization?

Helped make us compliant and provides a transparent view of our financial system.

What is most valuable?

Financial reconciliation Reporting

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with other systems.

More than five years.
Dadan Rahdian
Consulting Manager at PT. Metrodata Electronics Tbk
Jul 11, 2018

What is our primary use case?

We implement Oracle EBS R12.2.5 in various companies, including financial and manufacturing distribution companies. The Oracle solution covers finance, procure to pay, order to cash, and inventory with process manufacturing or discrete manufacturing.

• "The customer gets a better cost calculation and an integrated system between departments."
  • "Oracle EBS provides the customer with faster financial closing because of its accurate calculations."
  • "Valuable features include Ledger and Subsidiary, Operating Unit, and Inventory Organization and Location."
  • "On-site cloud support is slow and unresponsive."
LW
Liandra Wang
Manager of Oracle Applications at Stowers
User
Jul 11, 2018
Payroll and online benefits enrollment replaced the existing paper process

What is our primary use case?

Used for finances and the HRMS including online annual benefits enrollment. Its drilldown features add value. HTML pages should have better performance.

• "Payroll and online benefits enrollment"
  • "Has good dashboard and drill-down features."
  • "HRMS analyzers should be automatically updated to be the most recent because Oracle support always asks for the latest version of the analyzer output."
  • "We need more user-friendly fast formulas for all HRMS modules."
it_user817998
Associate Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
User
Feb 27, 2018
On-Time Payroll and its features are user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for HR Operations Maintaining employee master data, payroll, and recruitment are some of the key features which we are mostly relying on the system to provide.

How has it helped my organization?

On-Time Payroll and its features are user-friendly. The online solutions a faster response and our business is running smoothly.

What is most valuable?

Employee Central and the core HR functionality is exciting! Being built around a robust Oracle database, the enhancement and configuration are simple.

What needs improvement?

All good. So far, we have no major product issues. We expect Oracle to go into continuous innovation mode and provide simplified integration solutions.

Three to five…
it_user809760
Program Manager at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Feb 6, 2018
An integrated platform with an easy of integration to a third-party system

What is our primary use case?

Looking for a comparative study on different solutions available in cloud. Pros and cons, challenges, and benefits of moving from a on-prem solutions to the cloud world. Planning required before starting.

• "An integrated platform with an easy of integration to a third-party system."
  • "Needs more real-time visualizations, in terms of smarter dashboards and reporting competing with the speed of HANA."
it_user521712
Applications Manager at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 22, 2017
The basic data collection and reporting abilities are keys for us

What is most valuable?

The basic collecting of all of the data, and being able to report off of it.

How has it helped my organization?

Many efficiencies.

What needs improvement?

It needs a better user interface; the forms and HTML split would be better if they were consistent.

We haven't had any issues in the last eight years at least.

It has scaled well for our needs.

We're happy with the timeliness and the resolution, after we open a ticket.

What other advice do I have?

Take the time to understand your business, your processes, and the application before you implement. I would also recommend taking some…
it_user755364
Managing Director | Oracle Competency
Nov 13, 2017
Reduces human intervention, which in turn saves time and money

• "The integration of the various modules is definitely the most valuable feature for us. Our clients being business-minded, which involves customers and suppliers."
  • "The issue of frequently applying patches and updates to fix bugs. Oracle should improve upon this issue, especially since it happens too frequently."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you have a very solid project management plan prior to implementing it. Be sure to assess your timeline, duration, and everything else that is relevant to a successful implementation and actually using the products. It really helps if you have a solid performance assessment done prior to starting the implementation.
it_user757425
General Manager IT
Oct 30, 2017
Valuable features include order to cash and procure to pay process, which are flexible and integrate well

• "Order to cash and procure to pay process: They are valuable features because of their integration and flexibility."
  • "Movement of CIP Inventory cannot be monitored in Inventory module when we are using the CIP Account or movement of CIP Inventory in Asset module, which is not flexible like Inventory module."

What other advice do I have?

Use an experienced Oracle consultant.
it_user600960
Head of Unit NUCLEAR at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 30, 2017
Defines and manages workforce competence through the management of learning path, course completion, and learning certification

• "Rapidly implement jobs, positions, grades, and steps within setup of organizational structure."
  • "More flexibility in configuration related to the Payroll module, in order to easily implement the local legislation."

What other advice do I have?

Be careful at the number and complexity of the reports needed to compare with the pre-defined reports. If the gap between the two is big, then they have to consider a bigger duration for the project and its corresponding additional price.
it_user674601
Oracle DBA & EBS Functional Administrator with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 10, 2017
It has a low risk in implementation against all other products

What is most valuable?

Easy in implementation.

What needs improvement?

Maybe the contract, which is too complicated.

Six years.

None, but some issues with the Java launching.

Sometimes, yes.

It is good.

No, none at all. We did start with two products, but it was not perfect in terms of integration.

Oracle licencing is very complex, and the pricing is too expensive .

No, it…
it_user515592
Operations Engineering Manager at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Sep 14, 2017
It has improved our business processes

What is most valuable?

The system is reliable and the backbone of financial and other core systems in many organizations worldwide.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our business processes.

What needs improvement?

Interfaces (downstream and upstream) End user interface (UX design) Performance The EBS Design to some extent is still monolithic. Maintenance activities still require a lot downtime.

I have used the solution for five years.

Customer Service: Satisfactory. Technical…
it_user516645
Oracle ERP Specialist and Solution Architect with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 31, 2017
Offers integration for business areas in one database.

How has it helped my organization?

As the brand name says, Enterprise Resource Planning, and that's all. It offers integration for all business areas in one database.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvement in the overall UI.

We have been using this for more than 20 years.

Technical support is fair.
it_user517470
Senior General Manager Information Systems
Jul 31, 2017
Valuable features include expense management and the accounting suite of products. I would like to see more automation.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our efficiency and time to market.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more automation.

There were no issues with deployment.

There were no issues with stability.

There were no issues with scalability.

Customer Service: Customer service is good. Technical Support: Technical support is good.

We used a home-grown solution.

How was

it_user516675
Senior Developer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Jul 31, 2017
​Whenever you are growing, you get new products on the database server level, application server level and software. It definitely grows as your needs increase.

• "It's quite secure and fast, and we get an end-to-end solution."
  • "They started on the mobile app and tablets, but still I see there are no short-forms used in EBS."

What other advice do I have?

Definitely I’d say data and different application, new servers and 12c and Database, all these have very cool features and In-Memory and EBR. They should use these things more to get the most out of the solution.
it_user521694
Oracle Application DBA Consultant at a leisure / travel company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 31, 2017
It's a very cool technology to manage the financials, payroll, manufacturing units, et cetera.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely encourage anybody to start using the E-Business Suite as an ERP solution. I think most of the companies are using it. Oracle applications are so popular that many customers are already using it.
it_user436182
Finance Professional at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 20, 2017
The most valuable features are straight-through processing because we need to make sure that we have a good end-to-end process. To create a report sometimes requires a developer as opposed to just me.

• "The most valuable features are straight-through processing because we need to make sure that we have a good end-to-end process."
  • "It is still a little outdated as far as what we consider a twenty-first century software. You're still using Oracle forms, that sort of thing."

What other advice do I have?

Minimize your customizations if you can. If not, get a lot of training because a lot of the screens are not as intuitive. I'm kind of a rare breed, I guess, as I do have some 'IT sense', so I can maneuver through screens, but when it comes to other people in my group who are really not 'IT minded' at all, they're usually asking me for help when there are some set-ups in their own modules. Setting up is the biggest key, and if you mess that up it's going to propagate the rest of your EBS experience, so you need to have a proper set-up.
it_user521856
Sr. Director (Technical) at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
Jan 15, 2017
Its integration with Oracle Database is valuable. The UI needs improvement. They need to get rid of Java.

What other advice do I have?

You have to have patience, and be willing to spend more time due to the fact that eventually it pays off. Sometimes, the first impression is the best impression. Oracle EBS is not that. The first impression might be terribly bad, but once you get through there, you dig deeper, you'll get your money's worth. They are not super efficient in the cloud business yet. They are getting there. We are using it on-premises. Fusion is the cloud-based offering for EBS. We never went that route. We're not comfortable yet.
it_user522246
IT Manager at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 11, 2017
It matches with our requirements and pulls the data from an instance that is nowhere related to the Oracle Applications.

What other advice do I have?

I'm really happy with this product. There is a new software called MuleSoft that has come up and is similar to this product. I want to review it to see if it is better than this one. I have heard it is more simple to deploy than the Oracle SOA Suite.
it_user521625
Sr. Program Manager at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Jan 11, 2017
We are using it for our entire supply chain flow management.

What other advice do I have?

We are looking for reliability whilst selecting a vendor. They should be more knowledgeable in the supply chain area. They should have proper knowledge in the domain area and that's what we look for.
it_user522042
Consultant at a tech consulting company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 19, 2016
The procurement and inventory features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the records management, procurement, and inventory.

I have been using it for several years.

We have not had any downtime.

It is very scalable. It will grow as my company grows.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product.
it_user522012
Oracle Apps at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 13, 2016
We use Financials, so we like the integration between APAR, PO, and fixed assets.

What other advice do I have?

When we are selecting a vendor to work with, we look for a couple of things. One simple thing: basically, it has to be logical. Meaning that, whatever application's there, it makes sense to use. Also, it should be easy to implement and easy to support. Hopefully, it will work with our other systems. We also look at ease of use.
it_user521688
Senior Manager, Information Technology (Oracle) at Expedia, Inc.
Dec 1, 2016
Manual activities are being automated. We don't spend hours generating invoices and accounting reports.

What other advice do I have?

Our most important criteria is that the applications be more customer centered, and that manual activities are automated. Oracle E-Business Suite is a very awesome product. It has a lot of capabilities, and you can gain a lot of business knowledge through it.
it_user522249
IT Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Nov 30, 2016
With one database and one instance, we can operate in more than six countries across the world with a small IT staff.
it_user521943
Project Lead (Oracle Apps Technical Consultant) at Tech Mahindra
Nov 24, 2016
It provides an end-to-end flow.

What other advice do I have?

The kind of features they have provided is very helpful. It's very user friendly. Look at the features Oracle provides and also at the customization options. For some products, there are limitations; for example, you cannot customize it. We can directly do the customization in the Oracle application. It’s not like we are developing some third-party application, and from there importing the data. We can directly customize the main application; this way, it is easier. Nonetheless, there are some risks involved with that as well… :)
it_user521904
Accountant at a local government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 9, 2016
It gives us real-time information.

What other advice do I have?

Right now, we kind of solved our reporting issues in the general ledger part with GL Wand, or Excel4apps, but we're still trying to figure out the other modules through custom reporting. It’s taken time. I really wouldn’t have an answer for anybody. I like to work with vendors who have a good reputation and good customer support.
it_user521550
Manager, IT Applications at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 3, 2016
It is an integrated solution and it is stable.

What other advice do I have?

When I start working with a vendor such as Oracle, expertise is a requirement that I look for. Ultimately, it comes down to the team that you're getting from that partner. I always say the best partner in the world still has a B team, and the worst partner in the world still has an A team. Your job is to find that A team in whatever partner you choose.
it_user416409
Project Manager, Oracle ERP Implementation Project at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 20, 2016
The Oracle Process Manufacturing module provides custom production, raw material conjunction and finished good tracking.

What other advice do I have?

Buy and use this product. It's a good product. I'm using it and I've benefited. Buy and use this. There will be challenges.
it_user521910
Consultant/Solution Architect at Sunrun
Oct 20, 2016
It connects to a lot of our backend systems such as manufacturing, payroll, and HR.

What other advice do I have?

Look into the Oracle product and see if it will satisfy your requirements. Then, instead of buying 10 different products and integrating them, maybe you'll see that a product provides 80% of those benefits; go with that product, which I think Oracle does. The most important criteria when I’m choosing a vendor such as Oracle is knowing that when new products come out, they will increase our company’s efficiency in terms of managing scalability, see that we can run these applications, and maybe they will help us increase sales and productivity. That's what we look for in most of them. They are…
it_user522030
Database Admin at a local government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 13, 2016
Everything is done electronically, so the process is more transparent and accurate.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Oracle’s E-Business Suite, of course; it’s a no-brainer.
it_user522915
IT Validation Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 29, 2016
The Order Management and Financial modules are easy to use and customizable.

What other advice do I have?

ERP is quite complex to manage. Therefore, it’s necessary to have a DBA, some developers and functional resources. In addition, the price is consistent, and the product is very reliable.
it_user436152
Chief, Application Management Branch at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 28, 2016
With the Finance module, we can manage our finance organization from a single system for accounting purposes.

What other advice do I have?

There's always room for improvement, but we're overall happy with it.
it_user486585
Financial Systems Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 8, 2016
There are different avenues to achieve the same result, and you can pick the one that best fits your company’s policies and procedures.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you understand the integration points between the different applications that you’re utilizing. You could make some major mistakes in setting it up. I would rate the product a nine out of ten. We’re pretty happy overall.
it_user27945
Manager, Database and Security at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 31, 2016
The initial setup was pretty straightforward, and we didn't start out with any customizations or anything like that.

What other advice do I have?

Advice depends on what your business is. If you're a financial company, you might have different requirements. For a manufacturing company, like us, it seems to be the best fit for what we want to do. Again, it's your requirements and what you're trying to get done with it.
it_user436206
Oracle Applications DBA/UNIX SA at a agriculture with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 31, 2016
With the Financial Management module, our users have access to different types of analytics, such as general ledger, payables, receivables, and others.
Bill Dunham
Principal - OATC "Oracle Applications and Technology Consulting" at OATC, Inc.
Video Review
May 31, 2016
The change to the configurability of the UI is one of the most valuable features in EBS 12.

What other advice do I have?

Rating: looking at the E-Business Suite right now, having worked with the product since 1991 and looking to see where they're at today, I'd say maybe a 7. They're heading towards that fully integrated product, that new technology, like the framework technology. If they get there, I'd give them a 10. Right now, probably a 7, because we have multiple technologies we're still dealing with. Recommendation to peers: Looking at their business requirements for selecting the product, ensuring that every time you're looking at purchasing a product, derive that selection from defined business…
it_user418746
Senior APEX Consultant at Insum Solutions Inc.
Video Review
May 31, 2016
The benefits of APEX and EBS is that APEX actually lives outside of EBS which means that when upgrading EBS, you don't have to do as much work to get it done.

What other advice do I have?

Rating: with the current version I would say eight because like any other tool it's got its strengths and there are a few weaknesses, but I consider it a very high quality product. I've been with APEX now for over ten years. I built the farm on APEX and I've been very successful with it and many of my clients have been very successful using the product. Basically if somebody comes to me like a young millennial says, "Okay, should I learn APEX?" The short answer for me is, "Yes." The company I am with, Insum, we've been doubling over the last few years because there's a huge amount of uptake of…
it_user436086
Financial Analyst at a local government
May 31, 2016
We're able to generate our financial statements and to develop our own customized reports how we want. I'd like to see the reporting improved.
it_user436014
Senior ERP App Analyst at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 31, 2016
Oracle has now made taxes a separate module for E-Business Suite, and with it, the tax team knows exactly what they have access to and what issues they need to fix.
it_user436098
Senior Manager, Oracle Applications Support at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 31, 2016
SLA gives me flexibility to do things that I need without involving development.
it_user436149
Financial Systems Admin at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
May 30, 2016
Look at your processes and your internal procedures and see if you can modify those as opposed to trying to customize the application to fit what you currently do.

What other advice do I have?

I would say look at your processes and your internal procedures and see if you can modify those as opposed to trying to customize the application to fit what you currently do.
it_user436191
Finance Business Systems Manager - Sr. Principal at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
May 29, 2016
For simplicity, we like to cut down on the number of interfaces that we need. It makes upgrading easier because of the integration and it helps me to oversee things from a functional perspective.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential user that, if they're implementing from scratch, to really, really learn the product before they implement. Oracle is known for certain decisions you make where you come to a point to either turn right or left, and if you turn right you can't decide later to turn left. I think some people try to slam things in and take short cuts, but I've done implementations in two different companies, and I've found that doing the slow and methodical approach and really planning it out is the best way to go.
it_user436071
Software Engineer Manager at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
May 29, 2016
With all the different modules that are available, the technology stack is very good.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a small shop, Oracle can accommodate. If you're a big shop, Oracle can do that, too. So Oracle is a solution for every kind of business. That's what I really like about E-Business Suite.
it_user436095
IT Support at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 29, 2016
The integrations make it convenient for users as they only have one software package to take care of all their processes.

What other advice do I have?

For me, technology-wise, it's great, and I would recommend it.
it_user436092
Business Analyst Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 29, 2016
We find the most value in the fact that all the modules within E-Business Suit are fully integrated into one solution.

What other advice do I have?

I worked as a contractor for Oracle for some years, and E-Business Suit is a very good tool. You will not find an ERP that doesn't give you challenges. The very first thing, even EBS or any ERP, is that you need to be clear on your processes and you have to clean them up first. Else, you're just going to put more garbage in the system and the system is so powerful that it's going to spit everywhere. It's the processes plus the data. If you can do data cleaning before or during the implementation, it will give you much more peace later on.
it_user12819
Senior IT Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 23, 2016
The modules are tightly integrated. We have Finance, HR, Supply Chain, and others.

What other advice do I have?

It does the job. It's what we are looking for. It has a lot of features, and Oracle is constantly upgrading and adding things to that, so it's a solid product, but there is always room for improvement.
it_user436068
PMO Manager at a engineering company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 23, 2016
Setup was straightforward because we wanted to use Oracle out-of-the-box. There were a few extensions, but we wanted to adopt the processes rather than change the system to support our processes.
it_user436212
Director of Financial Operations at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 18, 2016
The integration of the various modules within E-Business Suite is the key feature for us.

What other advice do I have?

It's not intended for smaller entities because it's costly. For large organizations like ours, its ability to handle our data volume with stability is, for us, a perfect match.
it_user435996
Purchasing Initiatives Officer at City of Las Vegas
May 18, 2016
The most valuable feature for us is that it gives us the ability to process the requisitions from our end users quickly, which is tied into all of our financials.

What other advice do I have?

It's complex. In my opinion, it's similar to Apple products. It's complex in nature, and once you're on it you need to stay on it. Don't be afraid of the look and feel of it, because I've been on other products and although some of the other products look and feel a little bit better at the beginning, they are all buggy. They all have their issues, and I like Oracle products.
it_user436185
Lead Business Analyst at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
May 18, 2016
A user friendly solution -- you're able to navigate and figure out where you need to go to get what you want.

What other advice do I have?

It's all about the data. If you don't have good data, it's not going to work correctly. It's really on the business side. They have to provide the correct data, the correct rules, and it'll work. It'll do what it's supposed to do, as long as the business provides what they need to provide.
it_user435978
Solutions Architect at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 18, 2016
We do a multi-node implementation, so we've spread it out over multiple servers so that we don't have very many performance issues.
it_user23346
Senior Developer at a engineering company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 18, 2016
It's part of the back end of finance and they're able to do their month-end closures with much greater ease. We've been having issues gegting BI integrated into the transactional system.

What other advice do I have?

You definitely need a good IT staff with the ability to cross-train. That's really what's helped us since R12 -- bringing on some of the folks we had during the upgrade and them being able to cross-train those teams.
it_user436140
Business Systems Analyst at a retailer with 51-200 employees
May 18, 2016
I like how it's standardized across our organization. It's got the same look and feel all over.

What other advice do I have?

It takes a lot of staff to run it. Not only do you have your Oracle staff that supports it, depending on your organization that can be anywhere from 2 to 10 people, it also includes your departments as well. Your AR, your accounts payable, and all of your finance and cost management and all of those people are required. It takes a good staff to make it work.
it_user436101
Application Engineer at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
May 18, 2016
It gives us data availability across the enterprise.

What other advice do I have?

What I learned is that we needed to get that solution in to run our business and then be open to the fact that neither we nor our implementation partner knew our business, so we ended up with a vanilla installation that would run our business. Then knowing that we had work in the future to do, we as a company learned Oracle and how to utilize it to fit our business. Don't expect to put in a hundred-percent functional, whiz-bang ERP system the first time, but know that you would have a vanilla solution that you have to grow and help mature over a course of years.
it_user436053
AVP of Finance at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 18, 2016
It performs all of our accounting transactions and is the single source of truth for all our financial statements. They need to make the interface a little more slick.
it_user436050
Data Analyst at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 18, 2016
The biggest benefit for the company is just having all of the information under one umbrella, in one central location. It seems overly complicated and the interactions between the modules are unclear.

What other advice do I have?

I don't personally like it all that much, but I know that it does a lot of stuff that's important. My advice would be to find somebody who knows everything that the tool does and somebody who knows your business. Make sure that you're building it at the beginning to fit your business.
it_user436047
IT Consultant at a university with 501-1,000 employees
May 18, 2016
We use it for our financials, and like the intuitiveness of the solution. I'd really like to see Oracle move away from the old forms entirely and go with the new.

What other advice do I have?

My main piece of advice is to make sure you have all your testing scripts. Make sure your functional users test before implementation.
it_user436008
Financial Business Process Consultant at DeKalb County
May 18, 2016
I can make business decision adaptations with it without changing the underlying code.

What other advice do I have?

If you haven't implemented it and are considering purchasing it, don't be afraid of it. Go ahead, jump in. Oracle is a phenomenal company and they will stand behind their product. The best advice is to take your time, know your business, and don't always take 100% judgement from your consultant. Use their advice, but listen to that little voice in your head of what you know as well. Have a good collaboration between you and the consultant. Don't try to do it on your own. The last piece of advice and what many companies fail to do is the education portion. I can't tell you how many companies…
it_user435975
Director of Finance at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 18, 2016
It is still being implemented and this has been slow, so I would say we have not seen a lot of benefit yet. We do believe it will help us track our inventory from multiple ERP systems.

What other advice do I have?

It lacks integration between the modules, and the amount of customization required is surprising.
it_user435984
Senior System Analyst at City of West Palm Beach
May 11, 2016
I mainly support human capital solutions, so the biggest benefit for me has been with the iRecruitment module that took very paper-driven tasks to just a few clicks.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an Oracle die-hard, but I think that iRecruitment and Time & Labor are very weak.
it_user420069
Developer at a non-profit with 1,001-5,000 employees
Apr 21, 2016
When we buy Oracle's different products, we look to see how they integrate with different modules. With E-Business Suite, they all talk to each other.

What other advice do I have?

I think it's the leader in financial software. I've talked to people who aren't Oracle fans, but who like E-Business Suit anyways. It's a very good product.
it_user417126
Sr Director Enterprise Business Systems at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Apr 21, 2016
The extensibility that we've needed over the past several years is the most valuable feature for us. The complexity around configuration and deployment need improving.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely think it's an investment. It's definitely a very robust product, so it's just going to depend on what type of investment a company is willing to make and what their future plans are as well.
it_user417066
Principal with 501-1,000 employees
Apr 21, 2016
It's a comprehensive solution that enables us to manage customers, customer service, finances, projects, HR, and other business operations. Cloud implementation would make it much easier to begin.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you have a very solid project management plan prior to implementing it. Be sure to assess your timeline, duration, and everything else that's relevant to successful implementation and actually using the products. It really, really helps if you have a solid assessment performance done prior to starting the implementation.
it_user341916
Human Development Manager - Training & Development at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 26, 2015
Now that we've implemented Fusion, with powerful competencies, it's simplified the goal-management process. But, it's too large for a small company like ours.

What other advice do I have?

I like the new version as it's easier to manage. The problem is that the timing is bad - they did quite a bit of work to the goals feature, and changed it around quite a bit. For me, it's hard work because I need to train everyone to use but it's much more fluid and easier to navigate. We needed a lot more training and best practices for a small company. Oracle hasn't done a good job preparing best practices for small companies. However, it's great for goal management.
it_user317880
Business Systems Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 24, 2015
It allows for internationalization with support for multiple languages and locales, although it has just a few data spreadsheet loaders and no option to download, modify, and upload to data screens.
it_user221766
Chief Information Officer / Director of Information Technology at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 9, 2015
We were able to switch from paper-based purchasing to an automated, centralized, and integrated solution.

What other advice do I have?

* Make sure you document and understand your business processes and how they align with the product and best practices * Ensure that you have a plan for governance and adoption * Limit the number of integrations and customizations. While Oracle API’s are good, they require strong technical resources to develop. Once developed, they are very stable and require little maintenance * Make sure you have appropriate support staff. Oracle is very complex and requires a lot of expertise to support and maintain * Make sure you have a plan to perform and keep up with upgrades. Again, upgrades require a…
it_user277482
Senior Engineer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Jul 22, 2015
Although it handles standard functionalities well, we were still able to customize and enhance it easily.

What is most valuable?

It handles business application standard functionalities very, very well. It allows for easy customization and enhancements.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes with Oracle support, depending on the analyst you get, you can hit walls in trying to find answers. But they’ve gotten a lot better, so I hesitate in bringing that up.

About 10-11 years by now.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: 8/10. Technical Support: 7.5/10.

Nordstrom, my current employer, didn’t…
it_user3372
Senior Manager of IT at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 17, 2013
Who’s Managing Your IT Assets?
As companies continue to grow and expand, enterprise IT asset management grows increasingly important. Enterprise asset management controls the IT assets of an enterprise from budgeting and planning through end of asset life. Without a comprehensive enterprise asset management program in place, IT assets can cost far more than necessary through waste and redundancy and overly complex management and maintenance. There are huge amounts of information gathered by many ERP, EAM, CMMS, and other systems that the dilemma for many organizations is how to identify the most relevant information. And if that wasn’t enough there is too much data being gathered in many organizations to be reasonably interpreted. About a year ago my organizations finalized its decision to retire an out dated…
Download our free Oracle E-Business Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.