QuickBase Overview

QuickBase is the #10 ranked solution in our list of top Low-Code Development Platforms. It is most often compared to Microsoft PowerApps: QuickBase vs Microsoft PowerApps

What is QuickBase?

Trusted by more than half of the Fortune 100, QuickBase is a low-code platform for building, customizing, and integrating custom business applications. With more than 6,000 customers and 500,000 active users, QuickBase is the technology of choice for organizations that want to empower business users to solve their own challenges while maintaining the governance and security of an enterprise-quality app development system.

QuickBase is also known as Quick Base.

Download the Rapid Application Development Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

QuickBase Customers

Procter & Gamble, Tesla, Norwegian Cruise Line, Google, Metso, Agero, Kayak, PTC, Patra Corp, TomTom, Southwest Airlines, FedEx Office

QuickBase Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Quality Engineer at The Pump Solutions Group/ Blackmer Pump
Tracks status and collection of data from suppliers

What is our primary use case?

We use QuickBase for the following: Supplier performance Corrective action response Priority log for our work center Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Audit findings.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped streamline and simply track status and collection of data from suppliers and other internal departments.

What is most valuable?

The need for little to no code knowledge has been huge. I am a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing facility with very little IT knowledge.

What needs improvement?

The improved developer interface in some areas can be difficult to use for complex items (a lot of back and forth or having to move items up and down one line at a time).

One to three years. …
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's easy to use and creating applications is quick.

What is our primary use case?

Quickbase is our main repository of our assets, customer data and tracking of invoicing. As we developed Quickbase, it has quickly became the authoritative source of data , and as a result have started using it to access data via API from external apps.

• "Creating applications in Quickbase will take, literally, a fraction of the time it would take to create them in other database applications (which shall remain unnamed)."
  • "Unfortunately, there is still no new report formatting available natively, and would still require 3rd party developers to help with that. ."

What other advice do I have?

Quickbase is an extremely powerful solution. The level of details that is available to you within the platform, as well as the integration, and API that is available makes it a versatile tool for any company's needs. Though everyone can make use of Quickbase, I will speak specifically to those who may not have database architects and application developers on staff. Quickbase will fill that gap by filling in that skill-set within the application, and allowing almost anyone within your organization who understand business process to build the appropriate Quickbase application. Go for a trial…
Find out what your peers are saying about Quickbase, Zudy, Microsoft and others in Rapid Application Development Software. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SERS Advisor at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An easy to use software which can be very flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety of needs

• "The reporting tool: It helps in data analytics to provide the solution more efficiency."
  • "This rule: The Maximum is 60 rules. We need to provide more in order to improve.​"

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% recommend QuickBase to any company that is looking for an easy to use software which can be very flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety of needs.
Director of Enterprise Collaboration at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Helps to rapidly deploy a line of business apps without having to maintain large applications

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend the product highly. QuickBase is a great tool for companies looking to rapidly deploy a line of business apps without having to maintain large applications. Also, my experience with the product has been great. I will continue to use it.
LCMS Administrator at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
This solution has been seamless in its functionality

• "It has superb ease of use and no code needed to create and build apps and databases."
  • "Access to more standard default layouts and sample builds would be useful, and access to more training on use and flexibility."
Senior Financial Analyst at a media company with 10,001+ employees
As your needs change, you can update your application to change with you
Vice President - Corporate Operations at a construction company with 51-200 employees
​It is inexpensive as it relates to the increased productivity received from usage

What other advice do I have?

Document your business processes and workflows in detail and design the application to fit.
Socio at a financial services firm
Enables App Creation without coding knowledge or hardware investment

What other advice do I have?

Like any other software implementation, you need management involvement, user acceptance, and understanding of project goals before start-up.
Senior Director Contents Integration at a integrator with 201-500 employees
Process/Apps/Components Can Be Dynamically Operated By An End User.
Product Specialist at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
The flexibility of setting up reports even for short-term needs has been very valuable.

• "We have made good use of the ability in QuickBase to add multiple apps for various departments and purposes, while some apps are shared."
  • "I would like to see better options for producing paper reports from Quick Base, rather than viewing things exclusively on screen."

What other advice do I have?

Get buy-in from as many people as possible before purchasing QuickBase, so that everyone feels a part of things from the beginning. Your largest hurdle to overcome will be getting the people in your organization on the same page, rather than actually getting Quick Base to do what you need/want it to do.
IT Manager/Project Coordinator/Assistant VP at a construction company with 51-200 employees
API and exact forms have helped me grow my database.

What is most valuable?

API and exact forms are the most valuable features. They have helped me grow my database exponentially.

How has it helped my organization?

API functionality has increased the speed of task and project building. Exact forms are used to push data into pre-determined forms for each client.

What needs improvement?

Report size needs to be extended.

I did not encounter any issues with deployment.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: I would rate customer service…
Director of Information and Analysis Services at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides low-code / no-code development and an integrated API in a SaaS solution.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase has really allowed us to leverage our business users' expertise while developing custom web applications. Our citizen developers' closeness to the business ensures that all the solutions they implement are as closely aligned to the business needs as possible.
Training Manager at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
It showed me the best way to organize data. It made it easy to create and update a database.

What other advice do I have?

If you need to collect data in an easy way and you are not a database SME, QuickBase is a great way to start. I highly recommend it.
President at MCF Technology Solutions
Robust self-service reporting capability and API for extending the native platform functionality.

What other advice do I have?

Before you build anything business critical, make sure you work with a QSP. Be ready to roll up your sleeves, as a good app build forces you to define your process if it is not already nailed down. In my experience, it is never 100%. You have to allow time and budget for making some tweaks along the way as the development forces you to make process decisions.
Division Head - Business Analysis & CFO Services at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Enables easy reporting and app building.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on the requirements of the company. Proper evaluation is essential. You need to identify the limitations. For managing work, workflow, or to build up an eco-system integrating QuickBooks, Intacct Accounting, bill.com, or Salesforce, this can be great. If your requirement is a business intelligence dashboard with complex analytics, you may face limitations.
Owner And Principal Consultant at a financial services firm
Scalability is one of the key features where you are able to start small and add feature sets to your application as needed.

• "Allows users have anytime/anywhere access."
  • ". For example, we need a third-party to create and save a document in PDF, MS Word, or MS Excel format. The document saving capability is probably the feature that we most often have to procure from an outside provider."

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking to implement QuickBase, make sure that you have a vision and your team is aligned. You do not need to know how to build the vision, but you need to know what the end result is. More importantly, your team needs to be aligned with that vision.
Founder and CEO at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Allows you to import, deploy, and use business applications.

What other advice do I have?

Talk with a QSP (QuickBase Solution Provider) or QuickBase Sales about your needs to make sure they're the right fit with this product. Make sure you get on the right path to get the right solution in place for your organization. You should find consultative help and not a hard sell. These are quality groups.
Database Application Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Having the primary business stakeholders "under the hood" creates other synergies beyond speed.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure the pricing works for you. If it does, then implement it. You will be happy with it.
Sr Global Manager, Industry Solutions Engineering at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
The tool allows me to manage my business by navigating through my dashboards, providing real-time analytics.

What other advice do I have?

Give the trial period a shot. Evaluate QuickBase with two types of strategies: * Simple Office Collaboration & Automation: Roll out as a self-service user environment for managing collaborative programs with web-enabling spreadsheets, documents, and localized databases. * Application Delivery: Elect an individual advocate with database modeling and reporting skills to consider more sophisticated workflow and user-interface requirements.
Finance and Operations Manager at a tech company with 51-200 employees
The solution develops and supports applications. It tracks and customizes projects without coding.

What other advice do I have?

Hire someone in-house who understand database structures and data normalization
Director of Data and Finance at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Provides the ability to create table-to-table relationships and homepage dashboards.
Application Development Analyst at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use software that can be flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety of needs.

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% recommend QuickBase to any company that's looking for a easy to use software that can be very flexible in customizing applications to fit a variety and needs and wants.
Database Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Allows us to put together a basic application quickly.

What other advice do I have?

Find a good vendor that can take your app to the next level with add-ons and custom integrations to other systems you might be using.
Business Application Developer and Analyst at a real estate/law firm with 51-200 employees
The ability to give access to data that was previously maintained in a spreadsheet has changed how we operate.

What other advice do I have?

I find Quickbase amazingly easy to work in. Once you know what you are doing you can fly around and build apps in hours, if not minutes.
Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Notifications and Reminders are valuable features of the solutions.

• "QuickBase reminds me when a software license or a hardware support contract is near expiration so that I can initiate our company's procurement process in time and not miss a deadline."
  • "Third-party integration -- they are working on it and I find their brand-new still-in-beta Webhooks very promising."

What other advice do I have?

You can do as much or as little as you want with QuickBase. The more apps your team build and use, the higher your ROI. You do not get charged extra for building more apps.
QuickBase Consulting at a tech consulting company with 501-1,000 employees
Pushes all of our leads that convert to customers through the process workflow in order to get their product installed in a timely manner.

Valuable Features:

Reporting and Charts

Improvements to My Organization:

QuickBase pushes all of our leads that convert to customers through the process workflow in order to get their product installed in a timely manner.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see more customization within the forms.  I would like to see the ability to import data from other sources in order to have better reporting without having to buy Tableau or another solution.
Business Applications Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees

Improvements to My Organization:

We purchased QuickBase because we needed process management - and it's allowing us to enforce process.  We have been able to create apps that are specific to our business processes, and have helped to ensure that things don't fall thru the cracks.

Room for Improvement:

THe way forms are built and displayed could really be improved; it would be fantastic if the forms could be built with a WYSIWYG editor.  The mobile experience needs serious work, but that is underway and looks very promising.
CTO at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
The security model is uniquely robust.

What other advice do I have?

Before you commit, send a developer to QuickBase training.
Business Systems Analyst at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It provides a stable platform for creating web applications quickly in a low- to no-code environment.

What other advice do I have?

If you are someone who has utilized tools similar to Microsoft Access but would like to have a tool that works on the web, then QuickBase is definitely something that you should consider.
I am very pleased with the documentation and user input. It has helped me to keep all of my programming in house and will continue to do so.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a hosted database. Not having to worry about the computer hardware has been a help and I see expanding the service in the future.
Database Developer at a non-profit with 501-1,000 employees
We've been able to automate some workflows and make a lot of other workflows more simple.

What other advice do I have?

Once you understand the platform, there is no shortage of possible solutions to design problems. Try to train people outside of IT on the backend; one of the big benefits of QuickBase is it's accessibility to new low-tech users.
Strategic Projects Coordinator at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
Features such as automated emails, workflows/business logic, and custom dashboards ensure access to real-time information, but the mobile app needs improvement.
Powerplant Engineer Intern at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We were able to create an application that made the overall process more visible, reduced errors, and decreased the communication gap, though the security and notifications features could be better.

What other advice do I have?

If you have to manage a lot of data or organize a user database, this app is the best choice. Try the trial version and use it.
Business Analyst at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
We built open positions tracker, employee rosters, deployment trackers, etc., but it needs a multi-select drop-down, more flexible and adjustable UI.

What other advice do I have?

The solution has a lot to offer from Workflow, Notifications, Dashboards, Reporting and Charts, User Permissions, Form rules and formulas, customizations using jQuery, JS, HTML, PHP, XML API's etc
Sr. Functionality Specialist at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's given us the opportunity to create and store historic data using information we have not previously thought about tracking.

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any questions regarding this solution. Other than why is there a 120-character count required responses? Even though a few of the questions were not applicable to my situation.
Student at University of Oklahoma at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
The dynamic form rules allow a large number of possible permissions and accesses, but advanced users could use more programming options.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase is very intuitive, very powerful and a great way to increase efficiency, productivity and overall performance of any business.
Analyst 1 with 1,001-5,000 employees
It allows our admin, executives, and staff to understand information on a project and program level, but it's hard to create a template and have it populate information into Word.

What other advice do I have?

The only advice again is on templates because many companies want to aggregate customer informaiton into a template to submit to either execs or to the customer and QuickBase uses exact forms which are not very helpful and often do not contain the customer logo. Also editing them once created is hard because it does not allow for word editing.
Tech Ops Maintenance Analyst at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have utilized lookup formulas to help automatically populate fields regarding employee workgroups, but it can be difficult to figure out how to overlap functions.

What other advice do I have?

Be knowledgable. It can be an extremely useful program, but you will only get out what you put in. Put the hard work in and reap a great benefit!
Sr. Director, Techinical Operations & Training at a recruiting/HR firm with 501-1,000 employees
It's flexible and has unlimited options for operations and sales, but it could be improved with more UI customizability.

What other advice do I have?

Use Quickbase. You won't regret it! You'll be in control of your own destiny and won't have to rely on anyone else to give you the ability you need.
Project Manager at Accenture
System Specialist at a construction company with 51-200 employees
We're able to create relational database tables and end users can make their own applications without any coding, but the API should be in JSON, not XML.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent product with a great team developing it. Speaking with some development team members at a conference, Quickbase is really moving forward with new developments.
Secretary@MVCTC, Ind. Designer with Origami Owl at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
As our organization has grown exponentially, this solution has been highly scalable, allowing us to add more records and fields each year. Charting, graphing, and forms, however, could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

If you are unsure of your choice, sign-up for their free trial. Review some of the already built apps and look at how easy it is to build your own apps. Post a question and see how quickly someone responds. I'm sure you will find this product and service hard to beat.
QuickBase Admin at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
One clean database - a company's dream come true
We struggled for several years with disparate databases for customers and prospects. Neither sales nor support staff were able to give the time needed to learn the other department's systems. After researching the many options, QuickBase seemed to give the most logical solution to our pressing CRM issues. And, its flexibility and multiple apps would allow us to add other workflow management schemes to our systems.  We have been thrilled to have all our info in one place.  It is so convenient for people who are traveling on company business to be able to see their customers' info without being tied to a local computer, and to be able to update that info on the fly.  In the "old days" getting reports from the various systems required a lot of trial and error, specialized SQL statements…
Vice President Creative Services at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
This cloud-based solution completely replaced our combination of Excel, legal pads, Post-It notes, and a massive shared drive.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase has been a game changer. Some have even called it a God-send. Our clients now ask us for reporting on their businesses that they can only get from us because of QuickBase. Not a week goes by that our field based employees don't call or email expressing their love of QuickBase.
Analytics Manager - Applications at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
We enjoy rapid development and that new apps can be stood up at the click of a button. I think work flows could use improvement.

What other advice do I have?

Democratization of IT is very important to our company. We really enjoy rapid development and the fact that new apps can be stood up at the click of a button.
Senior Job Captain at a construction company with 51-200 employees
Documentation of how to customize beyond the basics is very difficult to find. Overall, the quick creation of reports, notifications, and new fields has made using this product very useful.

What other advice do I have?

I would make sure that when planning the database you make the effort to make sure that your structure allows for all the useful report types to be created. The biggest issue we have is we cannot use Gantt charts easily as our database is not setup to create these well.
Increased our productivity by allowing us to manage our back office with with just a few employees.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase is the only product where I can translate the manner in which our company does business into a software solution(s). I have yet to find a workflow challenge or unique project requirement that I cannot satisfy with QuickBase.
Tech Support Staff at a training & coaching company
Organizes your whole company and works great no matter where they are located.
Director of Computer Services with 51-200 employees
QuickBase is a much better fit for our small business than Salesforce.com ever was
Project Analyst at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Infinitely flexible, intuitive, and easy to learn
AVP - Business Process Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use product

Valuable Features:

Project Management tools and tracking

Room for Improvement:

Organizations, and time management for projects.

Use of Solution:

3 years

Deployment Issues:

No technical issues.

Stability Issues:

No issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

No issues with scalability.

Implementation Team:

In-house

Other Advice:

Great, easy to use product.
Manager of Continuous Improvement with 1,001-5,000 employees
QuickBase is very easy to learn and deploy. The platform allows for development of apps within days.

What is most valuable?

Dynamic form rules Customization of email notifications based on any fired action of a field

How has it helped my organization?

We have migrated various spreadsheets into QuickBase, which has allowed multiple users to work on the same database at the same time and provided us with better tracking.

What needs improvement?

Allow for multiple languages. There is only the capability of having 1 report per notification. We would like to be able to insert multiple reports into the one email notification to give a better overview.

3 Years

None

Only issue is a challenge we have with employees resetting…
Quotations with 501-1,000 employees
We previously kept only hard copies of all our quotes, now we can share them digitally, or grant them QB access.

What other advice do I have?

Quickbase is a powerhouse, with unlimited possibilities and versatility for use.
Account Manager, Small Groups at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Quickbase is an afforable way to solve real issues

Valuable Features:

Quickbase's fast setup and easy user management makes it a very versatile tool across all disciplines.

Improvements to My Organization:

Used it for HRIS, applicant tracking, accounts payable/receiveable, and CRM.

Room for Improvement:

A more robust mobile application.

Use of Solution:

7 years

Deployment Issues:

More advanced features have a steeper learning curve for admins with less technical skill, but that's to be expected.
VP of Application Services & PMO at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up and change
We have used Quickbase as a CRM solution for many years. We can quickly make changes to the application as the business needs change. The tool is easy to use especially for capturing the data from our staff. The one area that we struggle with on some occasions is the reporting.
President with 51-200 employees
Is there life without QuickBase?
Manager of Data Analytics at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Easy to customize and store large quantities of data.
Director of Operations with 51-200 employees
TCO for this product is very compelling when fully utilized
Engineer at a construction company with 51-200 employees
Very helpful for obtaining/providing multiple types of information throughout a company and/or to clients.

What is most valuable?

The customization and complete set of tools.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a standard place for information retention without individual excel files for each person in our firm.

A year and a half

We didn't know our workflow well enough to implement at first.

Yes. It was a DOS-based database system that was only available on ONE computer in our home office, and it could NOT be accessed via the web.

Some things were straightforward. Some were complex. We did not have enough time because of ongoing…
COO with 51-200 employees
If you have the data in excel, you can easily import into a prebuilt QB app.

Valuable Features:

You can easily import old Excel data to a new pre-built app. The ability to customize the the database to fit your own company is endless.

Improvements to My Organization:

Being a small company, we don't have an IT department and love the fact we don't ever need to worry about the database being down.

Room for Improvement:

The ability to add our company branding.

Use of Solution:

We have used QuickBase since we started back in 2008.
Business Analyst at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Easy to implement, customize, and grow
Program Manager at a printing company with 10,001+ employees
A great tool for many skill levels
BI Expert with 501-1,000 employees
Great product. Flexible, handles workflow, and has built-in reporting and notification capabilities

What other advice do I have?

Use this tool to handle project management and processes that require workflow. I use Quickbase as a platform rather than a product.
Download our free Rapid Application Development Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Quickbase, Zudy, Microsoft, and more!