SailPoint IdentityIQ Overview

SailPoint IdentityIQ is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top User Provisioning Software. It is most often compared to Saviynt: SailPoint IdentityIQ vs Saviynt

What is SailPoint IdentityIQ?

SailPoint is the leader in identity security for the cloud enterprise. We’re committed to protecting businesses from the inherent risk that comes with providing technology access across today’s diverse and remote workforce. Our identity security solutions secure and enable thousands of companies worldwide, giving our customers unmatched visibility into the entirety of their digital workforce, and ensuring that each worker has the right access to do their job, no more, no less. With SailPoint at the foundation of their business, our customers can provision access with confidence, protect business assets at scale and ensure compliance with certainty.

SailPoint IdentityIQ is also known as IdentityIQ, SailPoint IdentityNow.

SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide

Download the SailPoint IdentityIQ Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

SailPoint IdentityIQ Customers

Adobe, AXA Technology Services, Cuna Mutual Group, Equifax, ING Direct, Orrstown Bank, Rockwell Automation, SallieMae, Spirit Aerosystems, TEL

SailPoint IdentityIQ Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SailPoint IdentityIQ pricing:
  • "You do pay one price for the license but that price depends on what you choose to include as far as the optional modules go."
  • "The price of the solution could improve, it is not priced well for smaller businesses to afford."
  • "Its price is okay. It provides good value for money. It is subscription-based. You can go for a one-year or three-year subscription."
  • "It is a costly solution. Its cost, for sure, should be reduced."
  • "SailPoint is higher in price as compared to Saviynt. The initial cost of SailPoint is very high. There are additional costs to the standard licensing fees."

Matt Thomson
Principal Consultant at UNIFY Solutions
End-to-end Identity Management and Access Governance solution that shows why its a Market leader

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for identity and access management and access governance. The product manages the whole identity lifecycle for workplace identities. IdentityIQ takes care of the joiner (new accounts), the mover (transfer/role changes), and the lever (account termination), as well as looking at things like the certification phase. It covers the whole user lifecycle and provides market leading governance capabilities.

• "The solution is very good at the management of the identity lifecycle."
  • "Compared to at least one other product some of the administrative tasks could be easier or more intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to people considering SailPoint is to be sure you get a good experienced service integrator to help you with the product. Somebody who has done it before knows the best ways to implement it and make the system work properly to meet your business application. They have the battle scars and can help you navigate around any potential issues On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate IdentityIQ as a nine-out-of-ten.
DR
Commercial and Technical Professional Manager at Evolution Technologies Group
Invaluable identity data warehouse, easy to configure, and straightforward to implement

What is our primary use case?

Less than half of my customers use the solution within the government for certification, identity process, and optimization of the roles and requirements for other areas. For the rest of my other customers, they are using the solution for their core systems. For example, they are doing vertical financial analytics.

• "The most valuable feature for our customers and for us is the identity data warehouse."
  • "The report functionality and dashboard of the access manager could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I have my doubts about what is the best way to set up this solution. It is not only an issue with this solution but for others as well. We have two flavors of the solutions, software-as-a-service(SaaS) and on-premise. None of our customers is ready to choose one of those because if you are on-premise, generally, it is fully featured. It is easier to integrate with another system but it is not going to satisfy the customers that want a solution on the Cloud. On the other hand, SaaS or Cloud solution may be better for you but you might have a lot of legacy systems that are not ready to work…
Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.
HH
Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
A flexible and stable solution with a lot of out-of-the-box functionalities and good value for money

What is our primary use case?

There are a lot of use cases. About 90% of our clients are using this solution for internal identity management. Only one client is using SailPoint for external customers. About 70% or 80% of deployments are on the cloud, and about 30% or 20% of deployments are on-premise. We have two customers who have on-premise deployments.

• "It provides a lot of out-of-the-box functionalities. You don't have to do too much custom development like other solutions such as Microsoft or NetIQ. It also has a lot of out-of-the-box connectors for different sources, directories, databases, etc. Its cloud version is working very well, and its pricing is okay. Its value for money is fine for most of the customers. It is also very flexible. They have frequent new releases and patches for fixing errors and things like that."
  • "They can work on their strategy for the on-premise version. They have to decide whether and for how long they will support the on-premise version. The new features first appear in the cloud, and after that, they are released for the on-premise version. In the cloud, you have more options and flexibility, which is absolutely normal. They have to have a clear strategy regarding whether they'll support the on-premises version with the same focus. The licensing for on-premise and cloud is a little bit different. They can make it the same."

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this product. It is a good product. I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten.
TC
Cyber Security - Identity Management Architect & PM with 11-50 employees
Stable but implementations often fail and the setup could be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for regular connectors with LVAT connectors, Workday connectors, and Provision.

• "The solution is stable and reliable."
  • "The connectors are far too manual. This needs to be automated a bit."

What other advice do I have?

Our organization does not have any business relationship with the product. I don't believe I would recommend the solution. I'd advise other organizations to use NetIQ instead. It's a better solution, in my opinion. I'd rate the solution five out of ten overall. 80% of my job is handling a software spike. If the project has failed, then I'm the one coming in to help clients and doing it for them. I've noticed that 80% of all SailPoint implementations do not go well.
KS
Management Consultant at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
A stable, scalable and simple solution for managing identity governance

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to manage the identity governance, from creating the IDs and their accesses to managing and revoking them.

• "The solution is pretty stable and simple to use."
  • "What it doesn't do is provide notice in the event of a vulnerability or offense from the security."

What other advice do I have?

The solution can be deployed both on-cloud and on-premises? It's pretty stable and simple to use. I have recommended the solution to three customers who have opted for it. I would recommend this solution to others. From the perspective of its performance I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ as a nine out of ten, in light of its identity governance.
VS
Solution Architect – Identity and Access Management , Platform services at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable with a good concept and design, but it is too technical and needs more connectors and better pricing

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate onboarding and offboarding processes.

• "The basic concept is most valuable. I like how they have designed the solution. They create an Identity Cube, and then they do all the processes and configuration around the Identity Cube."
  • "It is too technical. You need really good technical skills in Java and other technologies, which are hard to find. If they can make it easier so that things can be done with a few clicks, it will be great."

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use a non-Microsoft application, then, for sure, go with SailPoint, but if your use cases are only using Microsoft applications, then go with Microsoft. I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a seven out of 10.
EA
Referent and IAM architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good documentation, support, and an active community

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution in one of our projects for provisioning rights in applications such as Active Directory and Office 365. It was also used for collecting information and centralizing it, which was then used to create rights.

• "The community is very active and when I had questions about an issue, I was able to find the resources."
  • "The interface should be simple and easier to use."

What other advice do I have?

The project that I worked on involved an on-premises deployment, although it can also be deployed on the cloud or in a hybrid cloud environment. My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to not begin without having the specification written and documented in advance. If you are implementing it for a client then you want to understand everything that the client wants to use, in advance of implementing. SailPoint is very good when it comes to Identity Management, although I would appreciate it more if it were simpler to use. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Very good support and valuable Certifications and User Provisioning features

What is our primary use case?

We use it for lifecycle management. We have joiner, leaver, rehire, and termination as well as user provisioning. We also do certifications and reporting.

• "Certifications and user provisioning features are the most valuable."
  • "The UI needs to be more user friendly. More concentration on historical policy violations would be great. In terms of new features, I would like to see artificial intelligence and machine language added."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten. I am happy with it.
See 1 more SailPoint IdentityIQ Reviews
Download our free SailPoint IdentityIQ Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.