ScienceLogic Overview

ScienceLogic is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Unified Communications Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to LogicMonitor: ScienceLogic vs LogicMonitor

What is ScienceLogic?

ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring for the network of everything. Over 25,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on-premises. With over 1,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboarding capabilities, we deliver the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing IT resources, services, and applications.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

ScienceLogic Customers

Kellogg Company, Booz Allen, Cisco, Red Bull, Fidelus, Telstra, Comcast, CSC, Peak 10, HughesNet, Hosting, Datapipe, US Army, Equinix, Rite Aid, Carbonite, Sybase, Carpathia, AT&T, ePlus, Dimension Data, Virtustream, Boeing, Honeywell

ScienceLogic Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Sr. Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A combined tool of ITSM and EMS. Company needs better support including documentation and chat.

What is our primary use case?

This tool is the combination of ITSM and EMS.

• "Its ITSM and EMS combination is really amazing. There is no need to purchase two products, one for ITSM and a second for EMS/NMS."
  • "They should improve their support process and add chat."
  • "ScienceLogic should provide detailed documents to customer as the current documents are not sufficient."
  • "They should add CLI command modes​ and scripts for high performance."
Director, Cloud & Data Center Technology with 1,001-5,000 employees
The customer service is unparalleled. We always get the help we need, when we need it.

• "The flexibility to support most technologies. The way ScienceLogic gathers data from multiple sources is vital to our customers. As we work with new customers (often with different technology requirements), ScienceLogic is flexible enough to support our clients’ varying network needs."
  • "One important area we feel could be improved is the UI. It takes a lot of clicks to do very simple tasks."

What other advice do I have?

You must recognize the functional structure of your organization and make sure everyone understands the platform. Often times, companies find themselves faced with a "tool" sprawl. Monitoring and service assurance requires a disciplined approach and asking critical questions upfront helps solve many issues later.
Find out what your peers are saying about ScienceLogic, Nagios, LogicMonitor and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sr. Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Distributed architecture makes it special, and built in OS means no need to purchase an OS license

• "Science Logic provides distributed and all-in-one concept in monitoring, you can easily customize the features in this product."
  • "They should improve database issues in HA and Failover mode, and provide documentation for all users , even if they are not customers."

What other advice do I have?

Before implementation, be sure to clarify all the customer's requirements, then choose products accordingly.
Manager, Cybersecurity Operations Management at a media company with 10,001+ employees
Tech support always has an answer/solution to my questions

What is most valuable?

Power packs.

How has it helped my organization?

With all the new devices being deployed, it is great to see the vender supporting them as they come out.

What needs improvement?

Addressing duplicate IPs: There is the ability to edit the DB and fix this, but adding some logic to understand them would be a plus.

Five years.

Never.

Never. It runs at 100% and performs at 100%.

Customer Service: It is top rated. I have never waited on hold for help. Technical Support: It is top rated. They…
Chief Information Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Tool for fault and performance monitoring

• "One of the valuable features is rapid dashboards."
  • "I would like to see out-of-the-box standard dashboards for common services."

What other advice do I have?

I am excited to see the new version, Version 8. But the product has continued to grow and whenever I have had issues, ScienceLogic has stepped up as company. I feel very comfortable recommending them as a solution.
IT Coordinator at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
The whole platform overall is very powerful.

• "Best feature of all is detailed monitoring of services, processes, ports and SSL certificates and or web content."

What other advice do I have?

ScienceLogic is a great company! I worked with them for the past 6years and their growth shows that they are the leader in monitoring segment for small to medium companies. Keep up good work.
    Member of Technical Staff at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
    Includes the ability to write custom dynamic applications, and custom dashboards.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend on-site training from ScienceLogic's staff. They convey a great deal of information very quickly and painlessly.
    Service Manager - Remote Monitoring and Management Center at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    MSP
    The customizable dashboard is my favorite feature. Overall monitoring capabilities could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

There are some very nice features built into this solution but it does seem to serve enterprise level customers more than any others.
    Sr. IT infrastructure specialist at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
    The most impressive feature is the event management capabilities.

What other advice do I have?

IT services are an extremely powerful tool that is underutilized and very little time is spent in any of your training classes going over IT services. We have been able to collect data and report on data that no other tool I have found can report on without a massive amount of work. I also believe your staff needs to be trained to a higher degree on IT services. Monitoring and event management is simple, you provide customers the ability to relate the data and aggregate the data collected. During symposiums customers don’t seem to know the power they have in front of them if they learn the IT…
    Associate IT Infrastructure Specialist at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
    Event creation, device relation building, and customization are excellent aspects of ScienceLogic for infrastructure and application monitoring.

What other advice do I have?

ScienceLogic is a tool that you can appreciate to multiple levels of technical experience. The ability to customize and grow the tool to the company needs is a huge benefit.
    KS
    Sr. Director, MSC Technologies at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Covers a lot of different products and the company generally responds quickly when we reach out to them.
    Systems Administrator at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
    The Power Packs are my favorite feature.

What other advice do I have?

I cannot stress how great the Power Packs are. The Pure Disk and Cisco UCS packs are out of this world. There haven't been many things we have not found integration for.
    System and Network Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Network monitoring in general is very important, having the ability to customize and being able to identify more than just a node is down.
    Support Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    We evaluated SolarWinds and ScienceLogic. We chose ScienceLogic because we found the deployment to be better suited to our Managed Service Provider environment.

What other advice do I have?

Pros: - The platform is excellent for monitoring / alerting / ticket generation to ServiceNow - You can customize virtually every aspect of the system. - Phone-Home collectors allow you to deploy remote appliances within different networks with no need for VPNs. - Virtual or hardware appliance options - Excellent Customer Service and Support Cons: - The User Interface is a bit overwhelming until you become more familiar with it. - No Configuration Backup support - No NetFlow support
    Senior Director of Systems Integration at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
    Review about ScienceLogic

What other advice do I have?

ScienceLogic is an excellent all around suite of tools. We were able to reduce the number of tools by its adoption. They constantly innovate and move in lockstep to most industry trends.
    CTO at HOSTING
    Video Review
    Integration with its API in our customer portal allows us to create visuals and capacity monitoring interfaces. I'd like to see integration with external synthetic transaction monitoring solutions.

What other advice do I have?

No platform is perfect, and if anybody tells you their platform is perfect, they're probably in sales. Realistically speaking, when you talk about the technology behind a platform, you talk about entering into a partnership with somebody like this to operate at this kind of a scale, it's what I call a five-year decision. It's something that I want to do and then not have to think about for at least the next five years. You don't do that with just technology. There's no one technology that you're going to do, that you're to select that's going to give you that. The package really is the…
    Internal Systems and Tools Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
    MSP
    Has significantly reduced the environmental related tickets going to our helpdesk. It's scalable for growth.
    Technology Services Director with 51-200 employees
    Agentless deployment means you can very quickly get meaningful information back from the system
    We were growing rapidly and found that we had too many tools which needed to be consolidated.

What other advice do I have?

You don't need an army of consultants to get really good results out of the toolset. They've met all of our requirements plus other requirements that were less tangible in the RFI.
    IT Infrastructure Analytics with 1,001-5,000 employees
    ​We’re now able to monitor our entire IT environment (onsite and offsite in AWS) from one solution.

What other advice do I have?

We’re now able to monitor our entire IT environment, both onsite and offsite in AWS, from one solution, with 1/5 of the staff that would have been required with the legacy solution.
    Technical Implementation Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
    The solution we previously used was fairly difficult to use for monitoring and limited our capabilities.

What other advice do I have?

It has allowed us to grow. We’re able to offer new services to our customers that they didn't have in the past. So this is opening a whole new door of monitoring offerings to our customers and what we can provide for them on top of what we already are providing.
    Senior Network & Datacentre Ops Eng at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Has improved our network infrastructure monitoring and reduces any unplanned outages.

What is most valuable?

Registry information for better inventory pull information Event information to granular level Adding support/KB notes to events

How has it helped my organization?

Improved network infrastructure monitoring which reduces any unplanned outages.

What needs improvement?

Need to have a better export data/copy to clipboard option to transfer the data to do more analytics on the events/trends/graph.

I've used it for two years.

Error information doesn’t have a good information if something goes wrong while doing a device discovery (I tried this a while back- couldn’t be more specific).

Never got to know…
    Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    All in one solution including discovery, asset management, alerting, and ticketing, with simplified ease of integration.

What other advice do I have?

Commit resources to focus on learning and exploiting all of the features. With so many features it can be a distraction. Need to have a clear set of requirements that you are looking to satisfy. Then you can layer on other features to compliment your original strategy.
    Manager - Managed Services at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    MSP
    Much better than the SMB product we were previously using.

What other advice do I have?

Implement with a consulting group that knows the product. Don't expect the talent at ScienceLogic to help with process. The infrastructure you place this product on makes a huge difference.
    Service Delivery Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It is very powerful and customizable, and their support infrastructure is top notch.

What other advice do I have?

It's packed with features and out-of-the-box integrations, there is quite a bit going on in this tool, so the learning curve can be a bit steeper than other tools in this category, but very powerful and customizable, and their support infrastructure is top notch. Talk to Sales and Technical Support - ask a lot of questions. They will get you set on the right course.
    DataCenter & Facility Consultant at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Has saved us time. Very efficient in terms of deployment and implementation.

What other advice do I have?

It has a speedy deployment and an impressive dashboard.
    System Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    We were using Nagios but switched to ScienceLogic to centralize our monitoring, graphing, and alerting systems.

What other advice do I have?

Test the product thoroughly and do a cost analysis to see if the product is suitable long term.
    Technical Implementation Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Gives us the ability to be very granular with our permissions. The dashboard for our VNOC is one of the best tools.
    Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about ScienceLogic, Nagios, LogicMonitor, and more!