Adaptive Insights Review

It's a source of truth for all of our budget and forecast versions

What is most valuable?

Adaptive has so many features that make it superior to using spreadsheets and other planning software packages.

1. The biggest feature is the source of truth for all of our budget and forecast versions.
  2. The second feature is reporting. Since it stores both forecasts and actuals, it can be used as the source to generate answers to almost any business related questions.
  3. The third feature that makes Adaptive great is it's all in the Cloud, so you can access and update anytime from anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

Budgets and forecasts used to be done in spreadsheets. This causes version control issues as well as broken links when files are moved. Also, if you want to change your reporting structure in spreadsheets it is all done manually. By moving to Adaptive, all of these issues are resolved and actuals, budgets, and forecasts are all merged seamlessly into one planning system.

What needs improvement?

Adaptive has come a long way each year and continues to improve. Users continue to become more advanced and are looking for more advanced solutions. Adaptive does a good job keeping up with these ever changing improvements.

I have used this solution for over five years and at two different companies.

Deployment of Adaptive software relies on the quality of the implementation. Sometimes, it is done by Adaptive staff and other times by consultants or internal employees. As long as the implementation is not rushed and set up for fluidity it can last for years. When large changes are made to a company the Adaptive models sometimes needs to be revised or rebuilt. Our company has had a lot of changes since its initial deployment and our models have been revised several times. Adaptive was able to handle all of these changes.

Never.

Never.

Very good. The only issue we've had with customer service is it used to be through NetSuite (that is where we purchased it). NetSuite was often difficult to get answers from (needed to fill out lots of forms and wait). Our service is now back at Adaptive and is much better.

There are lots of webinars, training sessions, and an annual conference which are great for learning technical skills to master Adaptive. If you run into a problem you can't solve, sometimes Adaptive can solve it, and sometimes an external consultant needs to step in (for bigger issues). The software itself has never needed technical support. The only support that is needed is usually how to program Adaptive to do what you want.

Previously used spreadsheets. Switched to provide a much better, complex, and easier to manage planning and reporting solution.

It is both straightforward and complex. Setting up personnel, revenue, and capital models can be complex, but the solution overall is very straightforward.

We used a vendor team. They were very competent and gave us solutions that we wouldn't have come up with on our own.

It has to be in the 1000s of percent.

Everything is negotiable, but this solution is low cost compared to others.

I was not involved in the other evaluations.

What other advice do I have?

This solution transformed the way both of my companies did reporting. We can now do in a few hours what used to take days or weeks.

1 Comment
Jaynee TolleConsultant

I agree with you regarding implementation. You really have to think everything through and take your time, during the initial set-up.

04 January 19