Adaptive Insights Review

Reports are allowed to be edited for aesthetic purposes

What is most valuable?

The reporting tools are what I gain the most benefit from. Reports are allowed to be edited for aesthetic purposes, which is lacking in a lot of other dashboard tools. The "processes" portion of Adaptive is also pretty nifty, allowing for you to set up a task list for others so they can put in their forecasts on-time.

How has it helped my organization?

• Standardized monthly reporting
  • Quick and easy for ad hoc requests
  • Interfaces with other data warehouses

What needs improvement?

The planning functionalities are the weakest part of Adaptive Insights. Everything that is automatic is done by formulas and there is only so much logic which you can build within these formulas. The upload feature exists, but isn't terribly useful.

Personally, seven months.

I wasn't around for the initial phases.

We had an issue where our reports weren't refreshing because our daily data pull was stuck in limbo. We called customer support and they were able to fix it within a couple hours.

None.

Great, we have our own personal contact that we reach out to if we have questions.

Great, no issues so far.

I wasn't around for the initial deployment.

Not applicable.

Ensure that you have the proper pricing plan in place. I believe ours is per user, so whenever we add an account for anyone (no matter how often they use it), we incur a cost.

Not sure.

1 Comment
Jaynee TolleConsultant

I have been a user since we implemented Adaptive Insights in August, 2014. The reporting tool is more robust than our accounting software. The reporting tool greatly increases my ability to analyze budgets from year to year, rolling forecasts, monthly/YTD variances, etc. To go a step further, when used with Office Connect, the possibilities in reporting are endless.

04 September 18