ARIS BPM Review

Helpful solution for process modeling, process measurement, and simulations

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for process modeling.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us design processes in a step by step, logical manner. It has helped in putting the product manuals, procedures, and policies all in the same database. It has clearly defined setting up the SLAs for each and every process and measures the SLAs at the end of the process execution for each transaction.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the leveling of processes, interfacing of processes, extracting the reports, and process manuals out of the system; the whole landscape.

What needs improvement?

It takes a long time for a new user to start working with ARIS, so perhaps it could be more user-friendly in terms of the complicated construction conventions that it uses. Making it more customizable and easy to learn would be a benefit.

In the age of artificial intelligence, the system should make suggestions as to what to do, and how to do it, rather than depending on the book or relying on the trainer to figure out how to get started.

More than five years.

It is quite stable and there are no issues. We are using the three modules: ARIS Architect, ARIS Designer, and ARIS Process development.

In terms of scalability, it is quite easy. It is only a matter of procuring licenses and training people, and then they can start.

There are approximately six hundred users, including four administrators and five process designers. The rest are end users.

The solution is used quite extensively, and we plan to increase the number of users in the coming years.

Technical support from ARIS is quite responsive, and we get help whenever we need it. With the processes, it becomes a bit complicated because we have to refer it to our IT department and they have to open a log. Because of the time difference between the Gulf and the support team, it takes longer to get things resolved.

We hear back from the support team in 24 to 48 hours.

For BPM, we started with ARIS. We were not using a solution previously, except for designing the processes on Microsoft Visio.

The initial setup was a complex affair for us. We had to engage in six months of training, in-house, with a trainer. A group of people were trained and then finally started process modeling on ARIS.

Over the six months, it was easy, step by step, where we had to follow one thing at a time and there was a lot of time to practice.

We used a consultant for the deployment.

We did not look at another vendor. We had installed a core banking system, Temenos T24, and they were the ones who recommended ARIS, back in 2011.

What other advice do I have?

As for staying with this solution, we have to look at the alternatives available in the market. If something better comes up, and we can make an evaluation and make a shift, why not, but as of now ARIS is a good solution for us, it is working well.

I do recommend ARIS as a tool for others. It is a very helpful solution for process modeling, process measurement, and simulations. It has the ability to scale up, as well as integrate with other systems within the organization to get real-time information from dashboards and reports. It has a lot of capabilities.

It has helped us in designing the processes, measuring the processes, governance of processes, making revisions and changes in processes, and incorporating the regulatory and statutory requirements into our processes very easily. It has very well served our purposes and needs.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.