BMC Helix ITSM Review

We automated discovery and mapping of assets. Each of the modules in this version have room of improvement.

What is most valuable?

For me specifically the Asset Management & Incident Management modules.

How has it helped my organization?

Since 8.1 is compatible with the ADDM discovery tool, we automated discovery and mapping of assets (CIs) and their relationships migration to the CMDB. We also used them for building services for the operational dashboard.

What needs improvement?

Each of the modules in this version have room of improvement. We also have to perform customizations based on our company environment and business needs but it would be nice if these were available by default.

I've been using this version for March 2015, and I was using v6.3 for seven years.

We definitely encountered some issues with the deployment and integration with other tools we are using, but that is the same with the any new tool.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

7/10

7/10

I have been in this company for eight years, and it was already in place.

The initial setup wasn’t straightforward.

We hired Column consulting to work on the development and implementation of the upgrade.

What other advice do I have?

It’s not an easy product to use for the customers.

1 Comment

author avatarJeevan Chaukar
Top 5Consultant

Hello,
I keep hearing from many people that BMC products are not "easy to use". But it is something very subjective and also depends a lot on how the end user community has been trained or oriented to use this relatively vast and complex suite.
Definitely there is a learning curve but so is to any other tool. Have you done any comparison with nearest competitors like Service Now? Is there any plan from your end to migrate to a different technology stack just because it is not user friendly?

Regards,