BMC Helix ITSM Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of BMC Helix ITSM competitors and alternatives
Business Unit Manager at Magnoos Information Systems
Real UserTop 20
Oct 28, 2019
A solid, reasonably-priced service management solution for small to mid-sized businesses
What is our primary use case?My primary use case for Remedyforce is for clients who do not have a requirement on the CMDB (Configuration Management Database). When I'm talking about a requirement, I'm talking about things like federation and reconciliation requirements. This gap is one of the reasons I started looking at Remedyforce as a potential solution. The second reason for choosing this is when the client size is medium to small — not truly enterprise. Medium-sized companies in my view means that the support staff is around 10 to 30 members. That is just the number of support staff, not end-users. There should also… more »
Pros and Cons
- "An inexpensive solution that is easy to set up and use without much support."
- "The product is created to service small to medium-sized businesses. Although it can be used in enterprise settings this choice comes down to properly assessing needs."
What other advice do I have?On the cloud, BMC is a leader. Even now they are introducing AI as part of their platform. Any platform that you have in the cloud with them, you'll have IBM Watson built-in with it. The chatbot used in Remedyforce is AI-based using IBM Watson. If someone is considering Remedyforce they need to ask the right questions of themselves. Very simple, straightforward questions. How many servers do you have? How many support staff you have? How many custom processes do you have? Or are you a green field where you have not begun to build anything? These things will help to define the correct solution…
Easy to use and implement with a good user interface
What is our primary use case?We're primarily using the solution for incident management. We use it for ticketing for end-users. We are using also all the functionality around change management, release management, and this year we implement project management and software license management. We also make use of the analytics.
Pros and Cons
- "The overall functionality of the product is excellent."
- "The product should look at BCM or ServiceNow and see if there are features that would make nice additions. It would help them stay competitive."
What other advice do I have?We're just customers and end-users. I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using. They recently changed the names of their services. While we were previously using what I believe was called Enterprise, which is now called Pro. We may continue to use, not just this solution, but other Freshworks options in the future. We've recently asked the company to put together webinars for our company to learn more about their offerings. I'd recommend this solution. In fact, I already have - to other CIOs. The pricing is very straightforward, and the solution is easy to use. It's not overly…
ESM Specialist at Gijima
Real UserTop 5
Mar 28, 2020
Good IT lifecycle management and BI functionality
What is our primary use case?We are a solution provider and this is one of the systems that we implement for our clients. This solution covers most of the IT lifecycle. The emphasis is mainly on incident management, change management, program management, and request fulfillment. We also have the System Management patch for network monitoring.
Pros and Cons
- "As of late, I really like the BI functions."
- "The CA products integrate well together but I would like to see better integration with third-party solutions."
What other advice do I have?We are currently two versions behind but we are in a project to upgrade to the latest version, 17.2. It is appealing to me because I will have access to the AIOps modules. I am also interested in moving to the cloud-based solution because it is easier to deploy. There are better technologies available in the cloud, it is easier to manage, and there is a high availability aspect. I think that it would be much better but we are often restricted by the customer, who cannot always have data on the cloud. For example, two of our customers are state-owned enterprises and their data cannot be on the…
IT System Administrator at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 11, 2019
Scalability is customizable but it is somewhat limited in terms of how granular it can be
What is our primary use case?We use the on-prem deployment model of this solution. Our primary use case is for our ticketing system, tracking system, and asset tracking system.
Pros and Cons
- "It has helped the help desk team. We get our tickets in and are able to support our customers, the end-users, with this solution."
- "The workflow should be made to be more user-friendly. It should also have more granular scalability."
What other advice do I have?I would rate it a seven out of ten.
Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Dec 26, 2020
Scalable, stable, easy to set up, and has more extensive features than other solutions
What is our primary use case?We use it for incident management.
Pros and Cons
- "It has more extensive features as compared to the other competitors."
- "Currently, we are finding it a bit difficult to monitor the subscriptions that are being used. The reporting feature related to this can be improved. Its ITOM functionality can be improved. BMC does a better job than ServiceNow in terms of capturing utilization and other such things."