Cohesity DataProtect Review

We used to use NetBackup. We are tired of using tapes and Cohesity has the features that we're interested in.

What is our primary use case?

We were backing up about 160 TB to tape per week. We are still moving over to Cohesity, however, we will not have the need to have the hardware related to tapes next year. Also, the money we spend on new versions of tapes is not going towards more clusters. In Cohesity, my backups are running faster and I have more frequent crash consistent data.

How has it helped my organization?

Cohesity will save us money, time, and manpower. We will have quick redundancy to AWS for our Cohesity node. I am new to backups and I have been able to quickly learn the basics in the tool.

What is most valuable?

This tool is very straightforward and clean. The menus are not over complicated or cluttered. I have very little experience with backups, but Cohesity has made it simple to learn the basics. There are also more complex integrations and programming that can be done if desired.

What needs improvement?

Cohesity is working on this, however, I would like to see a more expanded KB section. They have created a few videos also, more would be great. Their documentation is also currently being expanded.

Still implementing.

We chose to go bleeding edge with the 6.0.0a release. We have encountered a few cluster crashes because of indexing on XFS file systems this should be fixed in 6.1.0

Not yet.

So far support has been amazing.

We used NetBackup. We are tired of using tapes and Cohesity has the features that we're interested in.

With the help of our local tech, the setup was quite easy.

We used our local Cohesity sales and tech team.

During your implementation stage, make sure you have a good Cohesity rep. Ours had completed over 200 implementations. He was very knowledgeable.

Rubrik was the main tool we looked at.

What other advice do I have?

At this time I don't, as I learn more I will update my review.

6.0.0
More Cohesity DataProtect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Learn what your peers think about Cohesity DataProtect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.