Microsoft Azure DevOps Review

User-friendly, has a powerful test manager, and the reporting capability is good

What is our primary use case?

We use Azure DevOps for managing our workflow, as well as the CI/CD.

How has it helped my organization?

We use the CD/CD for all of our deployment lifecycles.

What is most valuable?

The CI/CD portal is very user-friendly.

The platform is very easy to manage. It is easy to manage repositories between the business users and corporate users.

Fields can be customized and the reporting is good. The APIs that are exposed can generate management reports.

The most valuable feature is the test manager.

Integration is easy to do. The single-sign-on facility is there in every aspect including Azure DevOps, Active Directory, our portals, and all of our development sites.

What needs improvement?

Proper Gantt charting should be a feature that is included because as it is now, we have to create it ourselves.

We would like to have an indicator of the percentage of occupancy. Suppose a person is working on two different domains, and we have 70% on one project with 30% on the other, it should be able to report that. As it is now, we have to manually enter that data. If this functionality were provided then it would make it easier for users.

We have been using Azure DevOps for the past two to two and a half years.

We have had issues, usually related to the APIs, but the support team has always helped us to resolve them.

The Microsoft support team is prompt to respond and very good.

The price is cheaper than Jira and some of the other competing tools.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and if the Gantt chart and occupancy reporting features are added then it will be the most powerful one in this space.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure DevOps reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with JIRA Portfolio
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.