Microsoft Identity Manager Review

An all-encompassing solution that is stable and continuously improving

What is our primary use case?

We work with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Microsoft Services as an identity and access management system. This solution provides privileged identity management single sign-on, so we're focusing on that.

What is most valuable?

This is an all-encompassing product. The features that we find most valuable are security, mobility, and Single Sign-On.

What needs improvement?

They have to improve the User Entity and Behavioral Analysis. They have all of these features, scattered around in different components. For example, if a user logs into a computer, from that point the behavior is not completely monitored. Windows Defender is monitoring the action, but if you go into the website, the solution is not capable of understanding it. Therefore, in the case of a user browsing a malicious website, there is no way to identify it.

There should be a way to create a profile for each and every employee. For example, if an employee is searching websites for a job then the organization should be able to identify that and recognize that he's going to leave the company soon. Or, if the user is trying to access a confidential document then that identity should be tagged as a malicious user. You should be able to create metrics or risk levels for a particular user.

Generally, the security features need to be improved so that they do not have to rely on other solutions. Importantly, browser behavior should be integrated. Properties such as what department an employee is in, and what resources they access, as well as the relevant correlations, should all be determined and stored.

Two years.

This is a stable product that is continuously improving.

It is scalable to any extent, so it is not an issue for this solution.

There are approximately three hundred users, which are employees. Six of them are administrators, and perhaps another ten of them are privileged users who have access to various components of the system.

I would rate the technical support a seven out of ten.

There are different service levels. For example, an enterprise customer will probably have a special service level agreement, but for SMBs, the level is different. So in that, not all customers are treated equally.

The initial setup is simple because a lot of the configuration comes from the on-premises Active Directory. It connects to various other components. If your device has to be enrolled then it is a bit complex, and you need expertise on that.

Our implementation was handled by a Microsoft partner.

What other advice do I have?

I strongly recommend this solution. It encompasses the cloud, on-premises applications, mobility, and on-premises users. The modern enterprise encrypted license is one of the best solutions to go for because of the mobility and security for the workforce, as well as for the company.