Microsoft Identity Manager Review

A scalable solution that is easy to set up and offers conditional access

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for the single migration of the user from on-premises to Azure Active Directory in the cloud. It is also used for the Microsoft authentication application for mobile devices.

We authenticate on the smart device back to back so they can access their emails and other applications.

We are planning to use this for the Windows 10 authentication as well as directly from the Azure Active Directory.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable and most interesting feature is the conditional access.

It can provide a low formulation combination based on the extra files that we can work on to verify the solution.

What needs improvement?

The information that is available for the Active Directory portal is segregated here and there. It's not in one single location where you can see, for example, all of the security features and maybe the customization feature.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see the manageability, the web-based access to the portal, and the reconfiguration of things to be made simpler and more straightforward.

We have been selling this solution for the last five years.

It's stable, but it's maybe a bit more challenging than I have seen in the last five years.

This solution is scalable. We have plans to increase our usage in the future.

The number of users varies. There can be anywhere from 10,000 to maybe more than 100,000 users, who are made up of IT, administrators, managers, and architects.

We have been in touch with technical support. They are good. Normally they are available to assist and they are knowledgable.

Our previous system was based on an on-premises solution. Now, the on-premises products are integrated with the cloud, which is what made the difference.

The initial setup is straightforward and can be deployed in one week.

It was installed by my internal team.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that it's the best solution on the market and I would go ahead with it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
More Microsoft Identity Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, SailPoint, SAP and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.