NetApp SnapCenter Review

It has greatly improved our DR activity

What is our primary use case?

Our ERP structure is on the SnapCenter. We also keep on it SQL Servers, VMware products, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It has greatly improved our DR activity.

What is most valuable?

Assisting backups.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more granular repording and reporting in bigger sets available in SnapCenter.

Less than one year.

Our ROBOs has told me that stability is good. However, we have been hit by bugs.

I have not looked yet at scalability because we are using single instances right now.

We have experience some difficulties with our current support. We are engaging in engineering level support because some of our problems are more technical.

We were having some data corruption problems in our biggest environments, so we started looking into it NetApp solutions, that's why we went for SnapCenter (after doing a PoC).

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used NetApp Professional Services. Our experience with them was good. We have a long standing relationship with them.

We looked Dell EMC and NetApp. One of the features in our requirements was going from a SAN environment to a NAS. These types of features are why we went with NetApp.