NetApp SnapCenter Review

The Exchange plugin is the most valuable because we have a lot of customers that use SnapManager Exchange and have to migrate to SnapCenter.

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a backup solution.

How has it helped my organization?

I think there is no improvement for our organization, it's just a new tool.

What is most valuable?

For us, it's the Exchange plugin because we have a lot of customers that use SnapManager Exchange and have to migrate to SnapCenter.

What needs improvement?

Plugins should be developed in shorter times. Performance generally could be a little bit faster.

Less than one year.

Sometimes it works fine, sometimes not. It depends on the complexity of the customer's environment.

No experience at this time, as it’s relatively new in our environment.

Depends on the technician on the phone. We’ve had both good and bad experiences.

Yes, SnapManager Products. Because of EOA we had to switch to SnapCenter.

Initial setup took one day, but it is complex. You have to deploy servers with high requirements on server power, you have to create users, you must deploy plugins, etc.

As a service provider, we implement the solution by following best practices.

Looks good.

Yes, we were looking at other software products. If a user already has a backup solution, for example Commvault, it's easier to sell and implement an agent for this product.

What other advice do I have?

You should always look at best practices and the interoperability matrix.