Oracle BPM Review

Provides a lot of flexibility in its processes and is stable

What is our primary use case?

In version 11 our primary use case was for traditional BPM on business processes and in the latest version, we implemented case management files. We stopped using it around four months ago but when we did use it, we used it on a daily basis in production.

How has it helped my organization?

Our company is based around Oracle processes. It provides a lot of flexibility in its processes.

What is most valuable?

I can't say something specific that is especially valuable about Oracle BPM. Overall, it is a very good platform.

What needs improvement?

We have had some issues with version migration, from one version of processes to another. We would have to call Oracle Services but on a day to day, we didn't have any issues.

I would like for the design of the migration of process instances from one version to another to be more visual. It would be very helpful to have visual tools in order to design the equivalence of tasks and process payload between versions. Until now bpm database migration has been needed.

I would also like more UI flexibility, the ADF framework is too Oracle-specific.

I have been using Oracle BPM for around four to five years.

It is stable. Normally, any issues we faced with stability had to do with version migration.

We had around 300 - 400 direct users using this solution. We required around five people to support the product.

We haven't spoken to their technical support directly.

We did not previously use a different solution. After Oracle BPM I used Camunda. Camunda has a different approach. Oracle is heavier in the sense of requirements but it's better for a complex organization in terms of integration to the environment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I would give it this rating because it's stable and it's well integrated with the Oracle platform but there is always room for improvement.

More Oracle BPM reviews from users