Oracle BPM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle BPM is #28 ranked solution in BPM Software. IT Central Station users give Oracle BPM an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle BPM is most commonly compared to Camunda Platform:Oracle BPM vs Camunda Platform. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is Oracle BPM?
The Industry's Most Complete and Unified BPM Solution A complete solution for all types of processes that provides a unified process foundation, user-centric design, and social BPM interaction. Reduces complexity and risk and increases business efficiency, visibility, and agility.

Oracle BPM was previously known as Oracle Business Process Management.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Oracle BPM Customers
State Revenue Office Victoria, New South Wales Health, REDISA, Panduit, Total E&P Indonesie
Oracle BPM Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle BPM pricing:
  • "It's pried high, this solution is expensive."

Oracle BPM Reviews

AK
Head of Architects at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, customizable, and packaged with full utility stack

• "We selected this solution not only for the BPM but for the entire package."
  • "From my knowledge of this solution, I don't see that the Oracle BPM includes features such as the growth of discovery and process mining."

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators and we are using this solution to build solutions for our clients. Our clients are enterprise companies.

What is most valuable?

We selected this product not only for the BPM but for the entire package. This includes the Utilities Stack, which has the BPM as part of it, the out-of-the-box implementations for utility business, and utility domains have a ready-made implementation.

We customized this implementation to provide the requirements, not making a complete solution from scratch for the utility company. This was the main reason we selected Oracle Utilities with Oracle BPM as part of it.

What needs improvement?

From my knowledge of this solution, I don't see that the Oracle BPM includes features such as the growth of discovery and process mining.

Technical support could be better.

In the next release, I would like to see the growth of discovery and process mining features added. Also, the ability to be containerized, and to support the cloud-native deployments.

I have been familiar with this solution for approximately two to three years.

This solution is stable.

It is a scalable solution. I think that new versions of Oracle BPM that work in the cloud-native environment, but our version is not cloud-native. It's not a containerized environment.

Technical support is not the best, but it is okay.

Previously, we used webMethods BPM from Software AG. We used it for building solutions for a Telecom company and for managing their enterprise applications.  We used it for creating product applications for managing their enterprise requirements.

Its price is high and I would say that this solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I am interested in the open-source BPM with official support. When we need the BPM, we prefer to use this approach.

We would use this open-source BPM based on budget and the scale and the number of transactions per second, we would decide if we need professional support or rely on community support.

MA
Business Solutions Director & CTO at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Straightforward initial setup and integrates well with other Oracle products, but needs better third party integration capabilities

• "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "The solution needs to offer better integration with third-party systems."

What is most valuable?

The integration of the solution is very good with other Oracle products.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer better integration with third-party systems.

The solution should focus more support towards new department methods that assist with the architecture of the deployment itself.

I've been using the solution for 12 years.

From a BPM perspective, the stability is fine, but it depends on how the database is installed.

Scalability is okay, but it depends on the configuration of the setup. We have customers that have users on the system that range from 10-20 users all the way up to 200-300 users.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model and work with various versions of the solution.

For customers with an already existing market footprint, I'd recommend the solution. For those that don't, I'd suggest Cloud Pack Automation.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Camunda, IBM, and more!