Oracle BPM Overview

Oracle BPM is the #28 ranked solution in our list of BPM Software. It is most often compared to Camunda Platform: Oracle BPM vs Camunda Platform

What is Oracle BPM?
The Industry's Most Complete and Unified BPM Solution A complete solution for all types of processes that provides a unified process foundation, user-centric design, and social BPM interaction. Reduces complexity and risk and increases business efficiency, visibility, and agility.

Oracle BPM is also known as Oracle Business Process Management.

Download the Business Process Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Oracle BPM Customers
State Revenue Office Victoria, New South Wales Health, REDISA, Panduit, Total E&P Indonesie
Oracle BPM Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle BPM pricing:
  • "It's pried high, this solution is expensive."
  • "The licensing model is good."

Amir-Khanof
Technical Manager at Royal Visio
Reseller
Oct 16, 2019
An enterprise-grade solution with a powerful Workspace and a complete feature set

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle BPM for development in a test environment. It is not used in production.

• "The Workspace is a full, rich application where most users can find what they want. It shows them a list of their work."
  • "Overall, the engine and the UI both have to be made lighter."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this system is that if they have a good and knowledgable team to support them then they can depend on Oracle. However, if they want to learn this product, for example by going to Oracle university, and then go into production, they are going to be disappointed very soon. As soon as the system reaches a large number of users, everything changes. No information that they get from Oracle university will help them. The only thing that can help is experience and a deep understanding of the environment. Finding a problem may require going beyond the BPM and…
AK
reviewer1190631
Head of Architects at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 6, 2020
Stable, customizable, and packaged with full utility stack

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators and we are using this solution to build solutions for our clients. Our clients are enterprise companies.

• "We selected this solution not only for the BPM but for the entire package."
  • "From my knowledge of this solution, I don't see that the Oracle BPM includes features such as the growth of discovery and process mining."

What other advice do I have?

I am interested in the open-source BPM with official support. When we need the BPM, we prefer to use this approach. We would use this open-source BPM based on budget and the scale and the number of transactions per second, we would decide if we need professional support or rely on community support. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Camunda, IBM and others in Business Process Management. Updated: April 2021.
476,892 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Alejandro-Perez
IT Integration Architect at OUTSTREAM SPRL
Nov 20, 2019
Provides a lot of flexibility in its processes and is stable

What is our primary use case?

In version 11 our primary use case was for traditional BPM on business processes and in the latest version, we implemented case management files. We stopped using it around four months ago but when we did use it, we used it on a daily basis in production.

• "Our company is based around Oracle processes. It provides a lot of flexibility in its processes."
  • "We have had some issues with version migration, from one version of processes to another. We would have to call Oracle Services but on a day to day, we didn't have any issues."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I would give it this rating because it's stable and it's well integrated with the Oracle platform but there is always room for improvement.
SP
Sudhakar Paramanandhem
Director - Risk and Finance IT at Credit-Suisse (USA)
Sep 11, 2019
API interface needs improvement, and machine learning capabilities are needed

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to offer a business process management platform with user-friendly self-service capabilities and powerful MIs. This solution is a one-stop-shop platform for all business workflow needs, using our own middle-tier and front ends. OBPM is used only for the engine behind the platform.

• "This solution has given us a quick time to market, the ability to integrate with the rest of the corporate applications, and the ability to hire talent in low-cost locations."
  • "Existing APIs in the product need to be fine-tuned, made more robust and flexible for adoption."
MA
reviewer1248621
Business Solutions Director & CTO at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Dec 17, 2019
Straightforward initial setup and integrates well with other Oracle products, but needs better third party integration capabilities

• "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "The solution needs to offer better integration with third-party systems."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model and work with various versions of the solution. For customers with an already existing market footprint, I'd recommend the solution. For those that don't, I'd suggest Cloud Pack Automation. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.