SOTI MobiControl Review

User-friendly, great support, and the remote control and geo-fencing capabilities are helpful

What is our primary use case?

We manage approximately 200 devices that are used in inventory management. This includes RF guns, as well as small tablets where you can capture signatures.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are remote control and geo-fencing.

The interface is user-friendly, once you get used to it.

What needs improvement?

Adding more features for iOS devices would be an improvement.

I found that there's a learning curve to kind of poke around and get used to the dashboard. Otherwise, it is pretty user-friendly.

WE have been using SOTI MobiControl for five years.

We have had some bugs in the time that we have used it, but their support group has been helpful in resolving some of those issues.

We have grown over time. Initially, we had maybe 100 licenses, and we have grown to 250 licenses. I think that next year, we'll probably reach 400 licenses.

We have a couple of dozen people who use it.

Technical support is great, and we have found them to be helpful.

The initial setup is straightforward. It took three or four months to deploy.

Our deployment was completed by an in-house team.

We have always evaluated other options just to see how other people are using SOTI and MobiControl, as well as to see what's new out there. There is always a question of whether we should stick with it, or should we be looking at something else.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I recommend it.

More SOTI MobiControl reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
Find out what your peers are saying about SOTI, VMware, Microsoft and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.