Symantec Data Loss Prevention Review

An unstable security solution with poor technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use it for data loss prevention.

What is most valuable?

I like the software as a whole. It's a good one. The tool's really working well, and the agents are good. It's not heavy, and it's working fine with the clients.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is pathetic. Stability and scalability can be improved as well. It would also be better if it could restrict Bluetooth transfers.

Symantec also uses Oracle databases, which isn't really convenient for most customers. It would be better if they switched to SQL.

I've been using Symantec Data Loss Prevention for two years.

It isn't stable. For example, when we compare it to other solutions like Bluetooth, it can't be controlled in Symantec, but others can.

Scalability can be improved.

Over the past few months, Symantec's support has come down drastically. Even though the issues were escalated, it remained unresolved.

Unfortunately, it's pathetic, and that's the reason why I decided to stop using Symantec, and I'm going to find an alternative.

The initial setup was really good. It's not very easy and also not very complex. There were some issues, but we managed, and it was running well. Managing Symantec DLP isn't difficult. It's easy.

The price is competitive. Until last year, the price was okay, but it just increased more than 100% this year. There was no justification for that.

What other advice do I have?

Unfortunately, I can't recommend Symantec DLP to potential users. This is because the support isn't good. So in that aspect, unfortunately, I cannot recommend Symantec.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Symantec DLP a three.

More Symantec Data Loss Prevention reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Data Loss Prevention
Learn what your peers think about Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.