1) Keeps monitoring data and protects sensitive information on computers.
2) One of the very few DLP tools with machine learning capabilities that easily classifies various documents and takes care of many administrative chores.
3) With the help of the above technology, DLP is able to greatly reduce the number of false alarms.
4) Supports various types of encryption mechanisms.
5) Now available for tablets as well.
6) Has support for blocking of data copying to removable media.
Room for Improvement:
1) Use of machine learning algorithm is good when it comes to automate the administrative chores. However, this feature is still unstable and sometimes the document classifier fails to properly classify even a similar looking document, thereby putting the document in a wrong group.
2) The feature of blocking the copying of sensitive data to removable media puts the responsibility on the end user, for correctly identifying the sensitive docs and enforcing the right policies.
3) Should have a feature to completely block USB ports.
4) Detecting P2P communication using ports is not that useful and requires a signature based engine to detect and block peer-to-peer traffic, irrespective of ports used.
Automated monitoring of sensitive data is a much needed feature. However, the machine learning algorithms that wrongly classify documents is a major problem, when it comes to applying security policies based on document categories. A good feature is the blocking of sensitive data copying to removable storage. DLP is specifically targeted for mid and large enterprises.
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Forcepoint, Digital Guardian and others in Data Loss Prevention. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.