Symantec Data Loss Prevention Review

Stable solution that keeps our client's data protected

What is our primary use case?

We use this to protect our client's data. They are China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Telecom.

How has it helped my organization?

When our Oracle database is corrupted, we have the ability to restore the data. This helps a lot.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the ability to backup our database, and restore it if necessary.

What needs improvement?

This product should be integrated with virtualization technology and work with other applications.

More than five years.

The stability of this product is good. I would rate it as very stable.

I feel that the scalability is good, but the virtualization could be improved. We only have one or two people that use the software.

This is our original solution. The product was included on our servers that were shipped directly from HP and IBM.

The initial setup was done by our experienced engineer. The setup is not difficult and one or two hours is enough to complete it.

Our in-house engineer handled the implementation.

The pricing and licensing for this product is good.

We considered other data loss prevention business products, including the Dell EMC backup solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are actively looking for a product that handles virtualization easily and efficiently. We would like to see support for virtual environments.

I would rate this product an eight out of ten.