Symantec Data Loss Prevention Review

It helps protect and contain our confidential data in our environment

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to protect the content our data, e.g., if a document is marked as a confidential, it should not suddenly be sent into the Internet via email.

I have been the product for two years.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to contain our confidential data in our environment. Previously, we had no controls placed on our documentation.

What is most valuable?

• The administration part is pretty simple.
  • Detection is pretty accurate.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the predefined reports because they don't have much information. We would like detailed reports.

If they could include the same features for their mobile device product, like Android and iOS, it would be helpful.

It is stable. Maintenance only takes one person.

It is pretty scalable.

We have around 1500 users, which include the accounting department, HR department, and other business units.

The technical support is very good.

We were not using a solution before Symantec DLP.

The initial setup is complex; it was not a very straightforward implementation.

The deployment took less than two months.

Our implementation strategy was simple. We started the rollout with a few users, then to the documents and emails, and afterwards, the policies.

We had a local implementation partner who helped us with the implementation. We had a good experience with them.

Deployment took two engineer from our team.

The pricing and licensing are based on per user endpoints.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Determine what data you want to protect before implementing this solution.