Symantec Data Loss Prevention Review

Provides an excellent reporting feature

What is our primary use case?

We have several use cases, the main one is probably the prevention of prohibited files from being uploaded. I'm a user of this product and a network engineer.

What is most valuable?

Reporting is the most valuable feature the solution offers. It provides information on any incidents that occur in our environment.

What needs improvement?

Symantec doesn't necessarily catch things that are happening in the DLP features such as someone attempting credit card fraud. For the future, I'd like to see better documentation with a more informative focus.

I've been using this solution for about three years.

This solution is stable.

This is a scalable solution. We currently have 15,000 users so it's very scalable.

We have primary support from one of the vendors and they are good.

The initial setup is not very complex but it's not simple either. We had assistance from the vendor. There is no maintenance required - at the initial stage we created a policy for monitoring only and we get the day to day logs. After that we impose a policy for blocking and justification. This solution is used on a daily basis.

I've worked with other DLP solutions that I think were better than Symantec, but it's working well for us currently.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for us and I would recommend it. I'd rate Symantec DLP a nine out of 10.

More Symantec Data Loss Prevention reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Data Loss Prevention
Learn what your peers think about Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.