Trend Micro Apex One Review

Stable and easy to set up with good flexibility

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution a SaaS-based service to streamline the setup, as it only requires one agent and not multiple licenses.

What is most valuable?

We're an integrator. We have a business relationship with the company.

Apex One is a single agent that covers most needs and has a SaaS-based model, so we do not need any in-house set up to host this application. There will be no additional charges for those types of needs in that area.

Product-wise it is perfectly fine. If you compare similar kinds of services from other competitors, you'll find you need to go for multiple licenses and multiple agents with other products. However, with Apex One, it gives one single solution, with just one agent and most of your problems are resolved. It's like a silver bullet.

The solution offers very good machine learning.

The solution is very simple to use and easy to deploy.

The solution is very flexible and works on multiple platforms as well as on servers.

What needs improvement?

The integration capabilities of the solution could be improved.

In a DLT context, the solution needs more features. The DLT needs to be more fully fleshed out. Trend Micro claims that they are security provider, not the compliance provider, and the DLT is a completely compliance-based solution.

We're an integrator and have been using the solution for a while now.

The solution is very stable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze on us.

In terms of scalability, it depends on what you mean. Add-on licenses are easy to implement. You can add them at any point in time and if it supports your endpoint machine, it supports other machines as well. It supports your ATM machines and it works on various platforms, including Mac and iOS. You can install it on servers as well. There's quite a lot of flexibility within the product.

Trend Micros has a pretty large customer base. I'm not sure how many people are on the solution currently. I know that a decent number of organizations are using it.

We assist our clients in technical support as needed.

The product's technical support is also fine, as they have a completely channel-based model. In that context, you can buy from your solution provider or reseller. They, like us, will have tech support available. In our case, we have our own engineers who are trained on Trend Micro products. They are good and they're free to use for our clients.

The solution's initial implementation is not difficult or complex. It's easy to deploy and quite straightforward.

We're a system integrator. We implement the solution for our clients.

It is a completely SaaS-based model.

Licensing costs depend completely on the number of users or licenses. They have a specific pricing structure. For example, if you are looking for 100 users to be on the product, in the Indian market (we're based in India), the cost is nearly $2,500 to $3,000 maximum for one three-year license. We'll usually get a three-year subscription.

What other advice do I have?

We're quite familiar and regularly work with Trend Micro products.

The solution is endpoint protection bundled with a couple of more features, with basically a lot of DLT application filtering, et cetera.

We are a system integrator. We offer tech support and help our customers. We sell Trend Micro licenses to companies.

I'd recommend the solution. It's very nice. We've supplied it to many clients with very good results. We haven't received any complaints at all and our agents are satisfied with the solution.

Overall, I'd rank it nine out of ten.

More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users